PDA

View Full Version : F.E.A.R or F.E.A.R 2?

hammer2000
03-08-2009, 04:25 PM
Hi there,

After playing the demo, i decided not to get Resident Evil when it comes out on Friday, instead i decided to get F.E.A.R 2.

Do you think i should forget that for now get the first F.E.A.R game first or go straight for the sequel?

MakoBallistic
03-08-2009, 05:35 PM
it really depends on whether your going to be playing it for the story or the achievements because the first F.E.A.R is very difficult to get the full 1000, and as its also very old i doubt anyone plays it online anymore and im pretty sure the majority of the achivements are online.

If your going to be playing it for the story however then by all means it is a good idea as youll learn all about the events before the 'incident' at the end of the first/beginning of the second, and if you collect all the various intel youll learn a lot about the story and alma, just dont expect to get much gamerscore out of it very easily.

UkBull3t
03-09-2009, 09:47 AM
it really depends on whether your going to be playing it for the story or the achievements because the first F.E.A.R is very difficult to get the full 1000, and as its also very old i doubt anyone plays it online anymore and im pretty sure the majority of the achivements are online.

If your going to be playing it for the story however then by all means it is a good idea as youll learn all about the events before the 'incident' at the end of the first/beginning of the second, and if you collect all the various intel youll learn a lot about the story and alma, just dont expect to get much gamerscore out of it very easily.

lol! first fear isnt hard to get 1000g.... lol

MrEastSide
03-09-2009, 03:50 PM

I hope this was sarcasm

hammer2000
03-09-2009, 08:39 PM
I'm not an achievement junkie, i'll by all means get them if they're easy offline ones, but i much prefer a game with a good story than a game with easy achievements.

Think i'll pick up the first F.E.A.R then, it's only around 15 now so it sounds like it'll be money well spent.

Crimson Ridley
03-09-2009, 09:03 PM
IMO the first Fear sucked balls. Just like Fear Files. Fear 2 is actually good which is a shock.

Though, I'd go with Resident Evil 5 over any of these games, but that's just me.

UkBull3t
03-09-2009, 09:54 PM
I hope this was sarcasm

no it wasnt "sarcasm" fear 1 was easy as fear 2 both just take time for 1mil xp and 1000 played games

im at 967k - 1 mil right now..

MR MACLAINE
03-10-2009, 11:21 PM
i would say it depends on your personal priorities... the first fear is a classic one, but the second looks WAY better and is much easier.

it is possible to understand the storyline in the sequell, but when you want to understand the "complete" thing then it woukd be better to check the original first.

both games where hard to compare, the only thing that's left is the name and some story parts...

Blackdog35
03-11-2009, 12:31 AM
Hi there,

After playing the demo, i decided not to get Resident Evil when it comes out on Friday, instead i decided to get F.E.A.R 2.

Do you think i should forget that for now get the first F.E.A.R game first or go straight for the sequel?

I wondered the same thing but i played the original F.E.A.R round at a mates house and it was great.

F.E.A.R 2 is a much better game and you can pick up the storyline easily.

EvilManDeadMan
03-11-2009, 12:45 AM
I'd say grab F.E.A.R. first. I personally think it needs to be played before the first.

AcidGlowx81
03-11-2009, 02:31 PM

Which is why you haven't gotten it yet I see. :)

FEAR and Files have the obvious: Instant Action Extreme Difficulty achieves which are challenging.

And Extreme diff alone makes FEAR 2's "hard" diff a piece of cake.

The other good ones are, finishing the game with no use of slow mo, don't pick up boosters and the ammo hog one. FEAR 2's achieve list is easy.

phobzy85
03-11-2009, 02:40 PM
On hardest I died about 5 times in Fear 2. In Fear 1 i'm sorry but I lost count.