PDA

View Full Version : Easy mode

mrsantos
03-08-2009, 08:11 PM
Well i found this by accident. if you die more that 10 times easy mode opens up. Also if you fail a QTE 10 time it unlocks easy mode for that too. This kinda sucks because the game will change your difficulty to easy automatically , like it did to me. so i beat the game an did not get the achievement for beating it on normal or above. i just did not know it changed. :uzi:

cra
03-09-2009, 06:43 AM
actually there appears a message asking you if you want to switch the setting :)

Jking6
03-09-2009, 12:59 PM
Do you think it'd be smart if I ran through the game through easy just to be sure i get the best possible scores and 0 retries? Or will it take away the achievement and whatnot?

cra
03-09-2009, 01:24 PM
don't know. never unlocked easy, so i did everything on normal and hard. but i don't think the achievements will be blocked(except the 2 difficulty depending ones).
getting 0 retries on normal isn't so much work, once you beaten the game and know what to do and having upgraded swords, also it saves you one playthrough if you forget about easy.

Joeker96
04-09-2009, 08:57 PM
lol, i should be taking notes:)

BlackDragon
04-13-2009, 12:00 PM
Please note that playing on Easy automatically reduces your Score Rating by one... so you can't get A+ rankings on Easy, you'll always get knocked down to A.

I'm not sure if this will prevent you from getting Ninja School Valedictorian, though, since the 'subscores' are unaffected (you can still get A+ ratings for various things), and the Total Score seems to be added together from your total subscores... but just to be safe, I wouldn't recommend using it except for things you have trouble with, or generally tough bits.

EDIT: I just got an A+ on Mission 9, despite running on Easy... so apparently, I was wrong. Strange, though... on some previous missions, I completed with a clear row of A's and A+'s in the sub-score, and still got only an overall A. Maybe Easy Mode just makes it harder to get A+, but not impossible?

JieXY
04-13-2009, 04:55 PM
Please note that playing on Easy automatically reduces your Score Rating by one... so you can't get A+ rankings on Easy, you'll always get knocked down to A.

I'm not sure if this will prevent you from getting Ninja School Valedictorian, though, since the 'subscores' are unaffected (you can still get A+ ratings for various things), and the Total Score seems to be added together from your total subscores... but just to be safe, I wouldn't recommend using it except for things you have trouble with, or generally tough bits.

EDIT: I just got an A+ on Mission 9, despite running on Easy... so apparently, I was wrong. Strange, though... on some previous missions, I completed with a clear row of A's and A+'s in the sub-score, and still got only an overall A. Maybe Easy Mode just makes it harder to get A+, but not impossible?

My thought is that it is possible that some of the subscores weigh much heavier than the others. So, even if you got more A+s or As in the previous playthrough, this time, you simply have done better in those critical subscores which eventually lead to you overall A+.