PDA

View Full Version : No-Hitter

FonduYouLoveMe
03-08-2009, 08:48 PM
Does anyone know if you can mess with the sliders with this one. I know you have to play 9 innings but even on rookie with the NL classic team, they get 1 or 2 hits

SengIV
03-08-2009, 09:24 PM
If you would have looked in the achievement guide you would have your answer.

But the answer is, yes you can move the sliders around.

The only thing that restricts difficulty is the cards.

Nick123 lol
03-10-2009, 12:29 AM
Yeah you can. I just used Cole Hamels against the Rockies (very very underrated this year) on Easy or Rookie or whatever. Still had like..3 errors though.. (Damn Manny and Ibanez.)

Urban Myth
03-10-2009, 03:01 PM
I didn't touch any sliders. I did however just play on Pro. Pro is definately more forgiving in all aspects. You can dominate pretty much on both sides. Ex: alot more homers and alot more K's.

Anyway, I got my 'perfect game' with Justin Verlander against Seattle. recorded 17 K's.

Got both No hitter Achievements.

Done & Done

Daaxter
03-10-2009, 08:52 PM
for those of you who have alot of trouble striking batters out. you can also (save game and quit) after each inning or after each strike out, when you reload your game you will be right where you left off and works for no hitter.

SilverSluggerMZ
03-10-2009, 09:08 PM
for those of you who have alot of trouble striking batters out. you can also (save game and quit) after each inning or after each strike out, when you reload your game you will be right where you left off and works for no hitter.

Uh.. okay?

SengIV
03-10-2009, 09:16 PM
Uh.. okay?

Why did you comment like that? Seems like a jerky responsr to me I thought his tip was very good. I'm actually going to add it to the guide now.

SilverSluggerMZ
03-10-2009, 09:18 PM
Why did you comment like that? Seems like a jerky responsr to me I thought his tip was very good. I'm actually going to add it to the guide now.

Because what does it have to do with striking batters out and a no-hitter? Am I missing something here?

FonduYouLoveMe
03-10-2009, 10:07 PM
Because what does it have to do with striking batters out and a no-hitter? Am I missing something here?
Yes, you can save after every successful inning of not giving up a hit in case in the bottom on the 9th you give up a hit, you dont have to restart!

very good tip

SengIV
03-10-2009, 10:13 PM

This is what he posted:

Seems to me that he showed an easy way of getting the achievement. Save and quit after each inning. Load it back up. If you give a hit, quit. Load up save.

Seems to me it is helpful.

SilverSluggerMZ
03-10-2009, 10:52 PM
This is what he posted:

Seems to me that he showed an easy way of getting the achievement. Save and quit after each inning. Load it back up. If you give a hit, quit. Load up save.

Seems to me it is helpful.

Yes. Sorry. I wasn't even thinking about it in that way. That is a good piece of advice. I didn't even know you could save a game.

SengIV
03-10-2009, 11:20 PM
Yes. Sorry. I wasn't even thinking about it in that way. That is a good piece of advice. I didn't even know you could save a game.

No harm done. It just seemed weird that you had posted it. LOL...

GrandChamp129
03-11-2009, 12:42 AM
you can also use the pickoff trick in last years game as well.

sports_guy212
03-11-2009, 02:07 AM
i agree with the save tip, definitely a nice insurance policy...just seems ridiculous to me how this game can get with sliders turned down and urs up and you edit the opposing team to zero's across the board and still they get 1 to 2 random hits a game... go figure, i'll definitely be saving after each inning to be sure i get this. thanks for the tip!

CozierZebra
03-11-2009, 12:37 PM
Isn't the suggested "save and reload" tip considering game saving? Not trying to harsh on anyone, I've just seen the topic come up and people getting into sour moods about it.

SengIV
03-11-2009, 02:37 PM
Isn't the suggested "save and reload" tip considering game saving? Not trying to harsh on anyone, I've just seen the topic come up and people getting into sour moods about it.

Wow. No. You have no idea what game sving is dobyou? Game saving is where you download someones saves offline. Then you put it on your xbox. Then you put in the games disc and it unlocks all the achievements for you.

This is not gamesaving at all.

t00thgrinder
03-11-2009, 02:41 PM
ranked match on xbox live makes this achv very easy too :)

CozierZebra
03-11-2009, 07:24 PM
No, I have no idea what game saving is... I thought the question about it might have hinted towards that.

pokerpro619
03-11-2009, 07:53 PM
easiet achievement ever...a kid let me strike him out 25 times on xbox

Ryyann
03-12-2009, 01:19 AM
can you do a 3 inning game...iknow seng kinda answered it at the top but it was unclear

NameTaken69
03-12-2009, 06:55 PM
can you do a 3 inning game...iknow seng kinda answered it at the top but it was unclear

No. No. No. No. No.

Not being a dick.. needed atleast 10 characters.

SengIV
03-12-2009, 08:38 PM
No. No. No. No. No.

Not being a dick.. needed atleast 10 characters.

LOL. Sorry I found that post funny.

Ryyann
03-19-2009, 08:27 PM
No harm done. It just seemed weird that you had posted it. LOL...

how do oyu save a game in the middle....and when you do how will oyu load like in your "save load" thing in the menus will it say load exhibibition game?

SengIV
03-19-2009, 08:30 PM
how do oyu save a game in the middle....and when you do how will oyu load like in your "save load" thing in the menus will it say load exhibibition game?

You:

Press Start -> Quit -> Save and Quit -> Save it -> Go to Load under options-> Load the game

There you have it.

BladeMDP
03-19-2009, 08:31 PM
When you hit start you'll see the option to save & quit - then what I would do is when I wanted to resume game, I went to load, clicked on exhibition, and came back to where you left off

Ryyann
03-19-2009, 08:35 PM
When you hit start you'll see the option to save & quit - then what I would do is when I wanted to resume game, I went to load, clicked on exhibition, and came back to where you left off

thank you! one more question...do you have to go to main menu to load your game or can you do it from the pause menu like right after you let up a hit

BladeMDP
03-19-2009, 08:42 PM
thank you! one more question...do you have to go to main menu to load your game or can you do it from the pause menu like right after you let up a hit
Honestly I'm not sure if you can do it from the pause menu - (I don't remember seeing the "load" option).

SengIV
03-19-2009, 08:42 PM

Try reading my post right above the one you quoted:

You:

Press Start -> Quit -> Save and Quit -> Save it -> Go to Load under options-> Load the game

There you have it.

Answered right there.

Ryyann
03-19-2009, 08:47 PM
Try reading my post right above the one you quoted:

Answered right there.

was the atitude nessasary, i dont think so

SengIV
03-19-2009, 09:17 PM
was the atitude nessasary, i dont think so

If you would have read one post up your question was answered. So I say yes it was.

DavidKelly18
03-19-2009, 10:31 PM

I got it from doing this, THANK YOU! took a while, but it was worth it.

ProjectSix
03-20-2009, 12:52 AM

Thanks a lot. This helped me get the no hitter one. The strange thing was I did it while trying to get the trading card for Adam Wainwright (6 shutout innings) and nothing unlocked for him. The trading card thing on the menu just showed 0/6 throughout the game. I was playing on pro and got cards for some of my hitters in the game.. weird. I was planning on doing the save thing for some of the perfect inning cards but hope it doesn't mess up the streak or something for it.

ProjectSix
03-20-2009, 01:06 AM
The strange thing was I did it while trying to get the trading card for Adam Wainwright (6 shutout innings) and nothing unlocked for him. The trading card thing on the menu just showed 0/6 throughout the game. I was playing on pro and got cards for some of my hitters in the game.. weird. I was planning on doing the save thing for some of the perfect inning cards but hope it doesn't mess up the streak or something for it.

Confirmed this doesn't seem to work for the perfect innings pitcher cards. I threw one perfect inning with Chris Carpenter and the trading card menu thing showed 1/4. Then I did a save and quit and loaded it again for the 2nd, and it showed 0/4. Darn.

NUTZILLA313
03-28-2009, 08:29 PM
Great advice, works perfectly. Glad I saved after every couple innings. Funny how my created pitcher ends up getting injured in the 9th with 2 outs to go for a perfect game. Good thing they implemented that save and quit function to make things easier for us.:uzi::eek:

SengIV
03-28-2009, 10:11 PM
Great advice, works perfectly. Glad I saved after every couple innings. Funny how my created pitcher ends up getting injured in the 9th with 2 outs to go for a perfect game. Good thing they implemented that save and quit function to make things easier for us.:uzi::eek:

Yeah. I always screwed up in inning 5. So it gets deep into the game. I throw it as I always have. And wham they knock it up the middle. My guys suck and miss the ball. And then I scream and yell and throw the controller.

But with the save and quit, it was a life saver!

KingOfGotham
03-31-2009, 09:03 PM

This helped me out get the No-Hitter and don't give up any hits in a game achievements

I used the Marlins (Ricky No-No-No-Nolasco) vs. Colorado Rockies (Ubaldo Jimenez) :woop: