PDA

View Full Version : Team 2K Achievement Discussion #2

norcalsniper
03-09-2009, 06:13 AM
I know this Achievement is not available until the 11th, but I just want to start a thread to discuss it and if you get the achievement, maybe help others out.

Urban Myth
03-09-2009, 08:23 AM
I'm gonna try and make the Team 2K.

I just started playing online ranked yesterday and went 11-0.

Wish I would have started earlier. I may have made a run at #1 this week.

I play with the Tigers. A good but not great club. I laugh at all the 'cheese' out there. People using Boston, Philly, and the Yanks to try and get easy wins. :woop:

Clutch2290
03-09-2009, 08:28 AM
cant forget the Mets

ReverendPhill
03-09-2009, 05:34 PM

I play with the Tigers. A good but not great club. I laugh at all the 'cheese' out there. People using Boston, Philly, and the Yanks to try and get easy wins. :woop:

The funny thing is that it doesn't matter what team you use. I played someone who was using the Yanks and I was the Reds. Basically if you pitch smart you can beat them. Of course if I ever threw anything in the strike zone to A-Rod it'd be a homer but other than him they seemed easy enough to handle. Watch out getting #1 though, from what I've heard the very top guys are cheaters. They'll walk your players and pick you off at second base since you can't stop it.

norcalsniper
03-09-2009, 06:08 PM

To beat a Team 2K Member, do you have to be a Top Ranked player or are there going to be people who work for 2K playing and they are Team 2K? I hate these achievements. I still don't have NHL 2k9's Team 2K Achievement!

EOU Findub
03-09-2009, 07:01 PM
To beat a Team 2K Member, do you have to be a Top Ranked player or are there going to be people who work for 2K playing and they are Team 2K? I hate these achievements. I still don't have NHL 2k9's Team 2K Achievement!

It is a competition between gamers that try to get to most points every week to get on Team 2K. They had to for NHL 2K9 and NBA 2K9 so why not MLB 2K9. :) You have to be a top-ranked player to "activate" this achievement. Then, whoever beats those bastards will get the achievement and so on. Eventually everyone will get it that wants it.

Urban Myth
03-09-2009, 09:14 PM
It is a competition between gamers that try to get to most points every week to get on Team 2K. They had to for NHL 2K9 and NBA 2K9 so why not MLB 2K9. :) You have to be a top-ranked player to "activate" this achievement. Then, whoever beats those bastards will get the achievement and so on. Eventually everyone will get it that wants it.

Thanks for explaining that to him. To be clear: Team 2k has to be established first. 10 weeks. Top ranked player for each week will be enshrined into the 2k hall if you will. There is only 1 so far as the competition has only just begun. When the officially post the first ten weeks of winners. Ony then, will the achievement begin to be available as soon as these winners go down to others. From then on, it becomes a "viral" achievement. Those who beat those who have it, can get. Got IT!?! Lol Good.

EOU Findub
03-09-2009, 09:19 PM
Thanks for explaining that to him. To be clear: Team 2k has to be established first. 10 weeks. Top ranked player for each week will be enshrined into the 2k hall if you will. There is only 1 so far as the competition has only just begun. When the officially post the first ten weeks of winners. Ony then, will the achievement begin to be available as soon as these winners go down to others. From then on, it becomes a "viral" achievement. Those who beat those who have it, can get. Got IT!?! Lol Good.

A little tidbit to add (good summary though) is that the final 10 don't need to be established before the achievement can be spread around. I got mine in the middle of Week 3 or 4 for NBA 2K9. It really shouldn't be too hard to get this achievement when it starts spreading around.

FiLtHy FoWl
03-09-2009, 10:37 PM
I laugh at all the 'cheese' out there. People using Boston, Philly, and the Yanks to try and get easy wins. :woop:

I would normally agree with you on this quote, but I am guilty of using Boston because well #1 I am from Boston and #2 I am a Red Sox. I do hate though that whenever I pick the Sox the other person plays as the Yanks.

Deyankees1
03-09-2009, 10:46 PM
I would normally agree with you on this quote, but I am guilty of using Boston because well #1 I am from Boston and #2 I am a Red Sox. I do hate though that whenever I pick the Sox the other person plays as the Yanks.

I play as the Yankees 80% of the time the other 20 with the Brewers Mainly because I'm a Yankees Fan. Every time I pick the Yankees they pick the Red soxs lol. But it depends if the other person picks a team that is not the soxs or mets I then pick the brewers which are my fav NL team.

Urban Myth
03-10-2009, 03:18 PM
FYI

For all that are actually interested in getting this achievement. The first 2k member has been posted.

So yeah. The achievement has gone 'live'. Now all we need is someone to beat the guy and start spreading the thing around.

Good Luck everyone.

UnerringBiscuit
03-10-2009, 08:06 PM
If any of you get it spread the love and add me

UnerringBiscuit

SilverSluggerMZ
03-10-2009, 08:17 PM
Yes, please post as soon as you get the achievement please. Anyone at all who receives it, please let us all know. What I thought was peculiar is that the guy who became the Team 2K member (I believe his name was maddenchamp001 or something) didn't receive the achievement himself for becoming the member. So?

EOU Findub
03-10-2009, 08:19 PM
Yes, please post as soon as you get the achievement please. Anyone at all who receives it, please let us all know. What I thought was peculiar is that the guy who became the Team 2K member (I believe his name was maddenchamp001 or something) didn't receive the achievement himself for becoming the member. So?

Well, you can't beat yourself now can you? Unless you have two accounts of course. :) I am sure he will get it eventually, you have to be pretty good to make Team 2K.

SilverSluggerMZ
03-10-2009, 08:31 PM
Well, you can't beat yourself now can you? Unless you have two accounts of course. :) I am sure he will get it eventually, you have to be pretty good to make Team 2K.

Don't you think you would recieve the achievement once you have played as a 2K member?

Urban Myth
03-10-2009, 09:07 PM
Don't you think you would recieve the achievement once you have played as a 2K member?

He is right actually. The achievement is for beating a Team 2k or someone who has the achievement.

So that would mean the Maddenchamp001 won't get it till someone beats him and he gets a rematch and wins for example. For most ppl. Just being a part of the teamis enough glory.

You don't get it just by becoming a member of the 2k team.

SilverSluggerMZ
03-10-2009, 09:20 PM
He is right actually. The achievement is for beating a Team 2k or someone who has the achievement.

So that would mean the Maddenchamp001 won't get it till someone beats him and he gets a rematch and wins for example. For most ppl. Just being a part of the teamis enough glory.

You don't get it just by becoming a member of the 2k team.

I guess you all are right. But just seems like he would deserve the achievement for getting there in the first place.