PDA

View Full Version : Quickest way to get Nightmare achievement.

Nusentinsaino
03-10-2009, 03:24 AM
In under 40 seconds lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZwfBlH2Xy8I&eurl=http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=115396

Telexen
03-10-2009, 06:16 AM
Exactly how I did it.

Watched the video of doing the first level of Inferno and thought, "WTF, that level is twice as long so it cannot possibly be easier"

AcidGlowx81
03-11-2009, 02:57 PM
Did it in the first level also.

Dysitis
03-11-2009, 09:28 PM
Exactly how I did it.

Watched the video of doing the first level of Inferno and thought, "WTF, that level is twice as long so it cannot possibly be easier"

Length and difficulty aren't related. The first level of Inferno is easier than this level. FACT. Although it doesn't really matter because both levels are extremely easy to complete on nightmare.

vmu
03-12-2009, 02:22 AM
was this really worth posting?

Telexen
03-12-2009, 06:06 AM
Length and difficulty aren't related. The first level of Inferno is easier than this level. FACT. Although it doesn't really matter because both levels are extremely easy to complete on nightmare.

A handful of lost souls...vs A WHOLE LEVEL FULL OF VARIOUS ENEMIES that I'm expected to dodge fireballs from. You spend the same amount of time dodging them as you do going through the whole first level of Knee Deep. That's a fact.

Seriously? You're wrong.

Dysitis
03-15-2009, 08:25 PM
Hey moron, first of all, neither level has any lost souls. Secondly, the first level is loaded with shotgun guys. You can't dodge bullets, and they do a lot of damage. Hell Keep has no shotgun guys, only fireball shooting enemies and demons. They can all be dodged and avoided. It may take a bit longer, but it's easier to stay alive. Third, I was taking my time in that video because it's easier to hang back and dodge a bit than rush through the level, and I wanted to show people the easiest way to get the achievement. Also, I was showing how to get 100% stats so it obviously took longer than if I were just trying finish the level. I could easily beat it much faster than I did. In fact, you can see me do so right here:

YouTube - Doom - Episode 3 - Nightmare shotgun only speedrun

Seriously. I'm right.

x somebody x
04-10-2009, 04:36 PM
on episode 1-1 go to the left room kill the 4 shotgun guys and whoever spawn and on the right side of a pillar theres a switch to a door and when you press it speed run out and to the right will be an opening to the outside, get the blue armor and go to a secret door to the right and you skip by everyone and its really easy from there

Mister Buds
04-24-2009, 04:27 PM
can someone please help me. i keep watching all these videos, but that window they jump through to get outside isn't there in my game!? i don't understand.

TrashTrampo
05-02-2009, 04:12 PM
o thank you man for this video, you help me for this achievement!!:woop:

Trinity145
05-07-2009, 02:02 AM
all i did was rush through the 1st level without killing any enemies, took afew atempts but i got it :)

rocadepunk
05-08-2009, 09:15 PM
took 19 seconds, lol.

Reaver UK
05-18-2009, 12:44 AM
I did the same, just held left trigger and ran through the level first time in around 10 seconds. Didnt kill or pick up anything.
Ended up with 2% health when i hit the exit trigger though :) Close one lol

TU Kryptonian
05-18-2009, 11:53 PM
This is probably the easiest achievement in the game thanks to this method.

jwprice1974
05-19-2009, 01:33 AM
sounds like a hard achievement, but it's so easy it's comical

Indie Hero
07-24-2009, 04:32 PM
I did it on the first level, and ran like hell.

I think I only killed like, two enemies.

Scanrog
07-29-2009, 11:51 PM
Personally, I prefer the "Original" versions of Doom, containing enemies like the Pain Elemental, which I was expected to face in the first level on Ultra-Violence difficulty, as nightmare didn't exist, finding 100% Secrets in every level took some real doing aswell. I can't believe just how many there were, there was so much more in the original versions for the PS1 and the PC.