PDA

View Full Version : a Female perspective on gaming

xTIGERLILLIEx
03-10-2009, 11:59 AM
the female gamers are becoming more and more known about, with over 7000 members of the gamerchix and 1000's of others that havent registered. i think that having a female blog or article page ( viewable by all) would boost the knowledge of female gamers and make us more accepted in a community thats known to be male dominated.

i currently write articles, reviews etc for a website named gamebetties. for the past 3 weeks the owner has decided to take a more hands of aproach and has shown lack of interest in her website.

because of this i have decided to take my articles and a girls view on gaming else where.

i think an addition of a girl view on gaming and gaming events would be a great addition to this site.

opinions anyone?!

narcolepticshee
03-10-2009, 12:09 PM
Specifically making a 'female' blog/section would in theory be segregating males and females even more. Gamers are gamers, no one cares if you're male, female, black, white etc.

Making a special section for females just shows there is a difference between the two sexes when it comes to games. I feel this would have an opposite effect of what you intend, which seems to be unite all gamers.

Also, if there is a female only section, then other select groups would also want their own section which would get completely out of control.

I say, come here and enjoy the site. If you want to write acrticles from a female perspective then do it, but you don't need a brand new section for it.

Peace

Genesis x360a
03-10-2009, 12:13 PM
Specifically making a 'female' blog/section would in theory be segregating males and females even more. Gamers are gamers, no one cares if you're male, female, black, white etc.

Making a special section for females just shows there is a difference between the two sexes when it comes to games. I feel this would have an opposite effect of what you intend, which seems to be unite all gamers.

Also, if there is a female only section, then other select groups would also want their own section which would get completely out of control.

I say, come here and enjoy the site. If you want to write acrticles from a female perspective then do it, but you don't need a brand new section for it.

Peace

I need not say no more - Narco is completely right, There would be to much conflict with everyone else saying they want a Blog/Forum page Etc.

xTIGERLILLIEx
03-10-2009, 12:41 PM
i wasnt saying it was only viewable by female gamers. im surggesting a place for a female view on gaming.

how many blogs on the front page of this site are written by women???

narcolepticshee
03-10-2009, 12:48 PM

Does it matter what the sex is of the 'blogs?' authors'?

Look, no offence - but it seems that you want special treatment because you're a woman. Everyone is equal here no matter what sex/race/nationality you are.

As I said before, no one is stopping you writing articles in the perspective of a woman and posting them up in the forums. Just don't expect them to go front page just becuase of your sex.

Peace

xTIGERLILLIEx
03-10-2009, 12:57 PM
i dont want special treatment i want equal treatment

Ortep
03-10-2009, 01:08 PM

Don't you already have that?

I've yet to read a gamer blog geared towards the Y chromosome. Creating difference isn't going to create equality, equality exists when you don't see difference.

Just because your a girl doesn't mean you have a different understanding of the games as boys would. Every boy, girl, hybrid has their own viewpoints. No website i've seen claims to be what the guys think about games, it's what the reviewers, writers, bloggers, whoever is writing be it male, female, xenomorph.

Nightdragon
03-10-2009, 01:31 PM

What on earth makes you think that you don't have equal treatment, the only private sections of the forums are for subscribers and staff. Also, social groups can be made private if you wish to talk privately with other members.

For your interest, the girl gamers group can be found here:

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/group.php?groupid=98

Like Narco said, making a girls on section is just segregating you even further, all gamers are treated as equals. Male, femalee, black, white, alien....

Jappe XBA
03-10-2009, 02:03 PM
Like Narco said, making a girls on section is just segregating you even further, all gamers are treated as equals. Male, femalee, black, white, alien....

You always bring some light to my day, Night ;)

And to the topic, I don't also think that girls should receive a different treatment than boys (sorry for not saying women and men...), but also boys shouldn't receive different treatment than girls (I'm not saying that boys are getting treated better but...). And you can always write your articles, reviews and stuff and send them to Minty or Webb and they'll see if it's approved to the site, then if your reviews are good enough you may be even asked for the Review team!

PS. If that avatar of your is a picture of you, I want to know why I know at least 10 girls that are gamers and have black hair, but non of them has blonde hair :eek:

[Waggly Bean]
03-10-2009, 02:58 PM
Good job on not letting on about the Boys Only Forum Section guys! :D

phobzy85
03-10-2009, 03:32 PM
Shhhh that's boys only, oh nooess! :drunk

jackanape
03-10-2009, 03:55 PM
i wasnt saying it was only viewable by female gamers. im surggesting a place for a female view on gaming.

Do we have blogs on the front page? If you mean the news articles, reviews etc then most of them are done by staff members and (to the best of my knowledge) the reason they are mainly guys is because they have actual contacts with a number of games companies which is where we get news from. There is no bias - we just use people who have been here a while and can help get the information we need.

If you want to get on the review team then we have held a few open 'casting' sessions (if you will) where anyone was free to submit work and the best were added to the team. I can't remember one girl ever submitting a review.........

For the record - girls can do anything they like on this site, but the only way to become a member of staff or on to one of the teams (guide, review, GSL etc) is to help around the site and be a longstanding and trustworthy member.

[Waggly Bean]
03-10-2009, 04:14 PM
Do we have blogs on the front page? If you mean the news articles, reviews etc then most of them are done by staff members and (to the best of my knowledge) the reason they are mainly guys is because they have actual contacts with a number of games companies which is where we get news from. There is no bias - we just use people who have been here a while and can help get the information we need.

If you want to get on the review team then we have held a few open 'casting' sessions (if you will) where anyone was free to submit work and the best were added to the team. I can't remember one girl ever submitting a review.........

For the record - girls can do anything they like on this site, but the only way to become a member of staff or on to one of the teams (guide, review, GSL etc) is to help around the site and be a longstanding and trustworthy member.

Just to add to this, there may not be any girls posting news up on the main page, but there are some girls on the staff here.
LilMissRoxy on the GSL team, and Pandora on the 1000s and 200s clubs are the two I can think of! ;)

The Globalizer
03-10-2009, 04:42 PM
This is a funny thread.

I'm all for a "chicks" section if there's a "dudes" section as well.

And despite what a few people said above, it's not an issue of segregation at all. If it's by choice, it's free association, not segregation.

hashbr0wnies
03-10-2009, 05:01 PM
Does it matter what the sex is of the 'blogs?' authors'?

Look, no offence - but it seems that you want special treatment because you're a woman. Everyone is equal here no matter what sex/race/nationality you are.

As I said before, no one is stopping you writing articles in the perspective of a woman and posting them up in the forums. Just don't expect them to go front page just becuase of your sex.

Peace

Truth. End thread!

StolenKyle/
03-10-2009, 05:01 PM
You guys also get an award to for being a female member lawl.

I don't see woah male member reward.

I agree with everyone who said what they said in the thread.

Da CRU Mughhh
03-10-2009, 05:03 PM
wow this thread is terrible.. lol you say that you want to be equal but yet you say you would like a girls view on gaming.. why there are threads for that people make threads all the time is this game any good. But your oppion in there.. Why are we any more specail to have our own spot, hell we already have awards, but do guys no.. i means seriously there are tons of theads you can put your oppion in or are you worried they are gonna get over looked or maybe not the attention you would like...

still i don't get it you want to be treated equal but yet your making threads on female this and femal that..

maybe there aren tthat many females doing something on this site cause they don't want to or don't have the time.. its not that the site wouldn't let them help in ways im sure

StolenKyle/
03-10-2009, 05:06 PM
wow this thread is terrible.. lol you say that you want to be equal but yet you say you would like a girls view on gaming.. why there are threads for that people make threads all the time is this game any good. But your oppion in there.. Why are we any more specail to have our own spot, hell we already have awards, but do guys no.. i means seriously there are tons of theads you can put your oppion in or are you worried they are gonna get over looked or maybe not the attention you would like...

still i don't get it you want to be treated equal but yet your making threads on female this and femal that..

maybe there aren tthat many females doing something on this site cause they don't want to or don't have the time.. its not that the site wouldn't let them help in ways im sure

:eek:
Took the words right outta my mouth. Look above my post lol

But yeah i'm glad that there is a girl here that understands our point of view.

NFaMuS one
03-10-2009, 05:08 PM

CRU FTW! lol

Hmm...this thread puzzled me. Simply for the fact that x360a is an even playing field, and to see that all that it would take is not even an hour of browsing the forums to see it. :drunk

agentplatypus
03-10-2009, 05:09 PM
Where's my guy gamer award? :p

NFaMuS one
03-10-2009, 05:13 PM
Where's my guy gamer award? :p

I second that notion. ;) j/k

Tomscfc
03-10-2009, 09:14 PM

:goodpostI don't think anyone can put it better than that... I don't understand why you (tigerlille) feel like your not being treated fairly just because of your sex..

Impulse
03-10-2009, 09:33 PM
I'm gay, i think i should get a Gay and Proud award :)

(before i get any pm's, i'm joking)

Bishop566
03-10-2009, 09:34 PM

Peace I agree,thats why I find it funny that x360a gives an award for being a girl gamer.

NBG
03-10-2009, 09:55 PM
the female gamers are becoming more and more known about, with over 7000 members of the gamerchix and 1000's of others that havent registered. i think that having a female blog or article page ( viewable by all) would boost the knowledge of female gamers and make us more accepted in a community thats known to be male dominated.

i currently write articles, reviews etc for a website named gamebetties. for the past 3 weeks the owner has decided to take a more hands of aproach and has shown lack of interest in her website.

because of this i have decided to take my articles and a girls view on gaming else where.

i think an addition of a girl view on gaming and gaming events would be a great addition to this site.

opinions anyone?!

xTIGERLILLEx those guys are all negative :(
girls gamers only section, it would not be a bad idea ;)
more girl gamers the better, i say :Bounce:

Zombie Ghandi
03-10-2009, 10:42 PM
;1694742']Good job on not letting on about the Boys Only Forum Section guys! :D

is it members only club?

Colonel Chunk
03-11-2009, 12:13 AM
is it members only club?

Woo, woo! Members FTW!! :uzi:

Who gives a toss if a post, a blog, a review or anything of a similar nature is written by a man or a woman?

I could not give a flying donkey's anus who writes a blog so long as it is well written, entertainining or engaging in some way. But most importantly of all, where the author has some basic grasp of the concept of spelling, grammar and punctuation (which, by the way, seems to be few and far between judging by many of the posts on this thread).

Seriously folks, learn how to fucking spell and punctuate your posts:

This => , is Mr. Comma everyone! He's your friend! He wants to join in this debate too, as he's feeling rather lonely and neglected.

Hi everybody! I'm Mr. Full stop, you can best put me to use when YOU WANT TO FINISH A FUCKING SENTENCE. And after me comes Mr. CAPITAL LETTER.

Hello Kids! Use me at the begining of a new sentence. Thanks:woop:!

Let me just finish by saying that for an article or blog to be posted on this or any other site, the factors used to judge whether or not it should be published should fall down to the quality of the article, not as to whether the author has breasts or a penis.

Zombie Ghandi
03-11-2009, 12:15 AM
...not as to whether the author has breasts or a penis.

I have both.

Missis Beki
03-11-2009, 12:25 AM
I think girls on this site get treated as fair as the guys, only thing I would liek to see is more women but with Roxy and Pandora atleast we have a foot in the door.

As for a girls view of gaming how is that any different to a guys?

When I came to this site I was like oh man I get called a bitch, I should be sucking c**k etc but i have since realised that so many people get this shit too.

Yeah its hard for a girl but seriously having a girls only forum would not help, the only way for men and woman to get along is to unite them not further cause a divide.

I know I should technically be agreeing with you because im a girl too but i really think its a bad idea.

SetsunaFSeiei
03-11-2009, 12:38 AM
Wasnt this posted on Off topic too ?

Whatever , ill repost my original post here incase no one saw it x3

Female Gamers .. are judged in different ways

[Note: If you cant read my typing , Copy and paste it , Act like your posting and just raise the font size]

Generally heres how it works ... from experience in past matches, If the girl gamer just totally owns you, All sore losers respond : "Your probably some ugly fat bitch" or something relative to that cause they lost, Pride of a Male Gamer i guess .. that or there just jerks. Now if you were to lose .. or do horrible and your voice sounds like ... what some may label HOT, Then the gamer may think your just a Hot Girl Gamer .. or your just playing on someone elses account and start hitting on you , flirting and whatever way they can , and so its hard for girls to make friends online that they could trust

Because of comments like these its hard for some girls to speak openly in games, mainly shy nice girls. As for the outgoing girls who dont care ... Stand up for Girl Gamers YEAHHHH xDD

Iunno how this problem will ever be solved , especially with our society getting worse and worse , The kids are learning things theyre not suppose to too early and will generally approach girls differently now.

But if Girl Gamers are not able to escape this cruel fate of discrimination upon the Gaming World , Id say

Get together with the Girl Gamers here on x360a, become friends with all of them on LIVE and just chat , play games together , If you can get a party of 4 and you all have Halo .. Ramage on Halo , Show the might of a Girl Gamer

As for the other guys ... If all your looking for is the mess around with the girls .. i say you guys need to grow up and change your ways .. because your the reason Girl Gamers are in this predicament

[EDIT: Forgot to mention .. i was trained in BR's in Halo 3 by one gamergirl i met in a party chat, i had no idea how to use them correctly until she took me into a custom match and we practiced , so dont underestimate them]

Well thats all i have to say .... now i play Star Ocean ^.^v

gooniesala
03-11-2009, 01:11 AM
Wasnt this posted on Off topic too ?
I thought that too when i first saw this thread.

If i wanna write and tell my thoughts on a game - I'll do it in the thread/forum area for that game .. o.O. Thats equal treatment.

DefJamV
03-11-2009, 01:13 AM
Geeze, what is this? Back in the kitchen the lot of ya!

^.^

Crimson Ridley
03-11-2009, 01:35 AM
*Sigh* There's a difference between "Equal" and "Wahhh we're women, we need to get everything, men get more, blah blah blah". You don't need anything like this.

Do we men ask for this? No, it's not our fault there's more men than women here, we're no different from you (Well we don't complain near half as much as you seem to, but whatever), so why do you think we are? You are treated the same as us, none of us get special treatment.

You have your damn Gamerchick award, what else do you want? We don't get a Gamerguy award... Oh wait, I've just realised, you girls do get special treatment!

Dammit, now I have to start a thread! Post-haste!

EDIT: Just so you all don't jump down my throat, this isn't about women being bitchy as a whole, but just this girl... Calm people, calm.

berserkerninja
03-11-2009, 01:38 AM
*Sigh* There's a difference between "Equal" and "Wahhh we're women, we need to get everything, men get more, blah blah blah". You don't need anything like this.

Do we men ask for this? No, it's not our fault there's more men than women here, we're no different from you (Well we don't complain near half as much as you seem to, but whatever), so why do you think we are? You are treated the same as us, none of us get special treatment.

You have your damn Gamerchick award, what else do you want? We don't get a Gamerguy award... Oh wait, I've just realised, you girls do get special treatment!

Dammit, now I have to start a thread! Post-haste!

EDIT: Just so you all don't jump down my throat, this isn't about women being bitchy as a whole, but just this girl... Calm people, calm.
Godspeed to your thread posting!
But i agree with j1mmy, there is no gamer guys award so i think its all fair

gooniesala
03-11-2009, 01:53 AM
maybe it shouldn't be called an "award" for being a female gamer - maybe it should just be an indicator on what gender we are.. :Dinstead of that should have a little "girl symbol" and the guys can have a "guy symbol"..

Zombie Ghandi
03-11-2009, 02:09 AM
the guys can have a "guy symbol"..

EXCELLENT SUGGESTION.

Hopefully something suitably phallic in nature.

gooniesala
03-11-2009, 02:20 AM
http://tbn2.google.com/images?q=tbn:1qiuZ3ktXrxeTM:http://www.istockphoto.com/file_thumbview_approve/4398866/2/istockphoto_4398866-gender-symbols.jpg

and if you're confused:http://tbn3.google.com/images?q=tbn:U_3f-d4EtArnCM:http://ocw.mit.edu/NR/rdonlyres/Special-Programs/SP-406Fall-2006/AF6B9D54-5457-43DD-9D0C-170518E6C38F/0/chp_genders.jpg

Crimson Ridley
03-11-2009, 02:25 AM
I'll take the confused one please! If I use that does it mean I can use both bathrooms? If it does, then super sweet!

SetsunaFSeiei
03-11-2009, 03:04 AM
I'll take the confused one please! If I use that does it mean I can use both bathrooms? If it does, then super sweet!

I 2nd that xD

Itsbrown4606
03-11-2009, 03:28 AM

*takes one large step away from J1MmY*

SetsunaFSeiei
03-11-2009, 04:27 AM
Now that i think about it

Hate to say , but this has nothing to do with Feedback to make this site better , so why post it here

Surely a mod can delete this .. close it , cause its already in 2 spots as it is

KFZ Scrubs
03-11-2009, 10:04 AM
Didn't you post this in off topic?? :P

phobzy85
03-11-2009, 10:59 AM
I know us men never really grow up and are immature most of the time. I hate hearing when girls get talked to like crap. Just for the fact that it's alrite for lads to own at games but when it comes to a girl owning they get called... basically because they lost and are sore losers. Other than that that's a complete different story. This thread is bringing up differences between women / men (POV) which is not what this site is about.

The OP could go make a kick anus guide for a new game or improve on a guide or completely re-write a guide if it's poor and of low quality or write up a brilliant review. It wouldn't matter to this site because it's more of a resource engine. Churning out wonderful ideas from a massive community of people that want to help each other. Splitting up men and women isn't going to do anything useful is it?

Well i'm going to make my first guide for this site soon and I hope it get's put in and people like it. Just awaiting capture card and parts so I can get cracking. My point is that if I was a man or a women would it make any difference to the person who was reading it... nope, not one tiny bit.

Missis Beki
03-11-2009, 11:35 AM
Counting Roxy and Pandora as 'staff' there is probably a higher ratio of female staff than male when compared to the ratio of male/female members.

I'm not saying this is a bad thing, just pointing out that female members are fairly represented here at x360a.

I would hope that 'technically' you wouldn't just side with a female for the pure fact you are the same sex! And to think us guys get accused of being sexist................................

I was thinking more like getting a female mod in but like i say we woman are well represented by roxy and pandora.

I admit im sexist towards my own sex, I think too many women demand special treatment just because they have a vagina and feel over looked.
There should be no special treatment, just equal treatment.
Silly feminists thinking they are better than everyone else....*walks of rambling*

[Waggly Bean]
03-11-2009, 11:39 AM
I admit im sexist towards my own sex, I think too many women demand special treatment just because they have a vagina and feel over looked.

That's not actually being sexist, that's stating a fact. Some women do do this so you're just telling the truth. That's not being derogatory towards women.

KFZ Scrubs
03-11-2009, 01:09 PM
Silly feminists thinking they are better than everyone else....*walks of rambling*
BUT I AM SPECIAL!!
lol, but seriously...... i don't see how things aren't equal here.
In the famous words of Jackie Moon, ELE
EVERYBODY LOVES EVERYBODY!
I haven't seen any unequal treatment the entire time i've been here. Live is the only place and there is no way to ever stop that without it being unfair.

Ninja Wanda
03-11-2009, 02:20 PM
It's all good.