PDA

View Full Version : Mini-Guide: Get Stars & Medals Twice as Fast

TheVinster
03-10-2009, 05:13 PM
In this thread I will explain the simple, and somewhat obvious, way to get stars and medals in half the time. Grinding for 100,000 stars? What if I said you could get 600 - 1,000 stars a song. Keep reading then. What you will need...

Two controllers, if you only have one use a guitar or something similar that is recognized as a controller.
Two mics. Comes with the game, so just replenish the batteries if need be.
A solid set of songs to play. You want to play songs in the range of 300-500, when playing by yourself. Songs such as...

Bleeding Love [350+]

Leona Lewis

Over My Head (Cable Car) [500+]

The Fray

With You [350+]

Chris Brown

I'm Only Me When I'm With You [550+]

Taylor Swift

Potential Break-Up Song [550+]

Aly & AJ

Set up your game so that two players are ready to play. If you're not sure how to do so, read this paragraph, otherwise skip it. Load up the game with one controller, turn on associated mic. Plug in a second controller and turn on the other mic. You don't need to sign in the second player.

Find the co-op options and have it set to versus, this way both mics will rack up stars and medals. I am entirely sure both player's stars and medals will contribute to the first player's total. [[Thanks HamKet for medal confirmation.]]

Now just use the TV method, remember the pull LT to turn off feedback (do this for both mics obviously). Turn up the volume, set down your mics, and just try not to get too bored of the songs. Shake for star power, etc. you should know the rest.

Just some final tips...

You can check stars on "My Lips" at the menu.
Be sure to track what songs bring in hefty stars and which to avoid.

----------------------------------------------------------

Bonus help. If you need the 300 songs synched achievement ("This is Madness!"), but aren't the biggest music buff, like me, yet still have a Zune, again, like pathetic ole me, check out a way just below.

Hook your Zune up with a sync cable of course.
If you don't have Zune Pass (download unlimited songs for $14.99 a month) then great. Don't want to pay? Don't worry, the first time you can sign up for a Zune Pass Trial for 14 days. Completely free.
Click here to get further details on the free pass. (http://www.zune.net/en-us/software/zunepass/default.htm)
Download 300 songs, put them on your Zune, and then upload them to Lips as you might figure. Voila, an achievement that might have been elusive to some.

HamKet
03-10-2009, 05:38 PM
I did this, except I sang the majority of songs. I got 50000+ stars in one day.

I can confirm that the medals stack in addition to the stars.

TheVinster
03-10-2009, 05:46 PM
I did this, except I sang the majority of songs. I got 50000+ stars in one day.

I can confirm that the medals stack in addition to the stars.

Thank you for the confirmation. Some people know about this trick, but not enough. I would sing them but I am already tired of them so that's completely up to the player whether or not to use this trick.

MusePT23
02-06-2010, 08:43 PM
I just can't seam to get this working on the nš1 hits... I did this in the 1st lips, but in the new one, the co-op is only duet... If I go for the Single/VS it says "shake the mic to play" or something like that... I shake it but to no avail... I tried it with 2 controllers turned on and only 1 profile, I tried it with 2 profiles sign in and nothing... I can't do VS... what am I missing??

Also I have the 2 mics on but when I go to assign the mics I can only change to whom the MIC 2 is assigned... How do I assign MIC 1???

Thanks

TurdFerguson64
02-07-2010, 05:37 PM
You only need one controller and one profile but two mics. When the song starts, shake the mic to activate the second mic.

MusePT23
02-07-2010, 06:14 PM
That's what I do but it never activates the 2nd mic... the mic is on, I play Duet's just fine, but "vs" never activates!!! :S

Evo Kazz
02-11-2010, 11:49 AM
Yes same here, it just wont work, I would love to know how someone got 50,000 stars in a day, as thats insanely awesome, how long did it take?

HamKet
02-12-2010, 06:10 PM
Yes same here, it just wont work, I would love to know how someone got 50,000 stars in a day, as thats insanely awesome, how long did it take?

I did that in the first Lips game almost a year ago. There have been a few updates to the first game since then, so it might not work anymore.

Also, I don't think this method will work in #1 Hits; it seems that only medals and stars you earn yourself as count towards your total.