PDA

View Full Version : Hit a HR every at bat (IT really works)

Tailz
03-11-2009, 07:57 PM
If you're looking for a way to boost up your HR,RBI totals to attain the Classic Player Cards i have deciphered a fool proof way to do it.

1. First pick a team of your choice and start a Franchise with them.

2. Pick an opposing team and edit their fielding stats tpo zero.

3. Trade for the following players

C. ALbert Pujols (Just pout him in to play Catcher)
1st. Ryan Howard
2nd Chase Utley
SS Alex Rodriguez
3rd David Wright
LF Ryan Howard
CF Lance Berkman
RF Ryan Braun

Edit all their Speed stats to 100

3. Find that team on the schedule. Preferably a team within your divison you play 20+ times

4. Play them on Pro in a 9 inning game at Fenway park or Wrigley Field or a short stadium

5. Change the Camera Settings from the Pitching point of view while Batting.

6. Pay attention to the hand signals and to the location of where the catcher setsup, This is where the Pitching will throw the ball. Place your Shadow Ball there for a "freebie" pitch. BUt always wait for a "1" from the Catcher as this is the sign for a FastBall.

7. If it's on the inside of the plate hit it in that direction by pushing UP/Left on the RS. If its on the outside of the plate Push it Up/Right on the RS.

8. With the fielders so slow if you dont hit it out (Which only happens maybe 20% of the time) You will get an inside the park HR.

In my last 2 games I have scored 93 and 68 runs. With around 48 or so HR's.

Jordan7182002
03-11-2009, 11:12 PM
U can edit ratings after u start a franchise?

Tailz
03-12-2009, 12:41 AM
U can edit ratings after u start a franchise?

YES! Just make sure in the franchise ptions menu you have Yes under "Edit CPU Rosters"

Jordan7182002
03-12-2009, 01:44 AM
nice find man

BLOMBOMB
03-12-2009, 06:07 PM
dumb question maybe, but does this void you from getting any of the achievements?

Deyankees1
03-12-2009, 08:21 PM
dumb question maybe, but does this void you from getting any of the achievements?

No it does not. All achievements are still attainable.

BladeMDP
03-12-2009, 10:27 PM
The only thing you have to be careful of is adjusting the outfielders' fielding ratings, specifically the "catching" attribute - If you adjust all other fielding attributes to zero and max out your batters attributes, any ball hit to the outfield 99% of time will be a HR - but if you adjust the catching attribute to error, the outfielders will have trouble picking up the ball on the fly and it will result in an error, not giving you a chance for an inside the park HR

Tailz
03-12-2009, 11:38 PM
The only thing you have to be careful of is adjusting the outfielders' fielding ratings, specifically the "catching" attribute - If you adjust all other fielding attributes to zero and max out your batters attributes, any ball hit to the outfield 99% of time will be a HR - but if you adjust the catching attribute to error, the outfielders will have trouble picking up the ball on the fly and it will result in an error, not giving you a chance for an inside the park HR

a HR is still a HR in this game. They dont penalize you when you say get a triple and they overthrow it and you go home. It's still a Homerun

Jordan7182002
03-13-2009, 01:31 AM
a HR is still a HR in this game. They dont penalize you when you say get a triple and they overthrow it and you go home. It's still a Homerun

Actually they do. I missed the A-Rod card because of this.

Tailz
03-13-2009, 02:25 PM
Actually they do. I missed the A-Rod card because of this.

Well i haven't personally noticed that they do.

BladeMDP
03-13-2009, 04:53 PM
yeah I'm not necessarily talking about an overthrow - I'm talking about any ball hit to the outfield, if you see the outfield try to pick it up/catch it on the bounce, and he drops it, you WON'T get credit for the HR, it'll be a triple and error....

Tailz
03-13-2009, 05:01 PM
yeah I'm not necessarily talking about an overthrow - I'm talking about any ball hit to the outfield, if you see the outfield try to pick it up/catch it on the bounce, and he drops it, you WON'T get credit for the HR, it'll be a triple and error....

well that doesn't happen all that often for me. Either way i'm getting between 35-45 HR's per game towards the 500 HR's needed for the classic card.

BladeMDP
03-13-2009, 06:05 PM
yeah, it never happens to me, i've got it adjusted to where any ball i hit to outfield, it'll turn into an inside the park HR...but the first couple of games i played, I had set the opposing OFs to catch rating of "0" and it would cause them to bobble or drop balls in the outfield when they went to pick them up....

xYx VeNoM xYx
03-13-2009, 06:35 PM
well that doesn't happen all that often for me. Either way i'm getting between 35-45 HR's per game towards the 500 HR's needed for the classic card.

Theres not a card for 500 hr's.... it stops at 155. Unless im missing cards the only ones that have 500 are strikeouts and runs.

Tailz
03-13-2009, 08:59 PM
Theres not a card for 500 hr's.... it stops at 155. Unless im missing cards the only ones that have 500 are strikeouts and runs.

Are you sure it stops at 155? i'm not sure about that. You may be right i thought it was at 500

DavidKelly18
03-28-2009, 02:13 AM
They stop at 200

erod550
03-28-2009, 05:46 AM
200 HR, 500 RBI. What I did was play my 20 games of franchise and continue trading for guys whose cards I needed, and playing against teams whose pitcher cards I needed. I edited the sliders for contact and power to 100 on the hitters and on Pro, without changing any difficulty sliders (which will keep you from getting cards) or any of the opposing defense's sliders I was hitting 20-30 HRs (over the wall, not in the park) a game easily, sometimes as many as 40 or 50 if I was trying to knock pitchers out to get to a certain bullpen pitcher for his card.

Since you have to get the cards anyway, you might as well be killing multiple birds with one stone and get the franchise achievements, player cards, and HR/RBI cards all at the same time.

And editing the fielding sliders to 0 will just mean more errors which will not count as a HR. If the ball is off the wall and the outfielder kicks it before picking it up, it will not count as a HR. This happens pretty often even without adjusting any sliders.

But the moral of the story is that if you're trying to get all the cards already anyway, you don't really need to do anything special to get the HR/RBI cards because they will come just from getting the cards and doing the franchise achievements. The tough ones are the strikeouts just because you can't get 30 a game easily like you can with home runs.

BigManRob215
03-29-2009, 03:12 AM
uhm....im pretty sure theres only ONE Ryan Howard, so how is he playin 2 positions at once?

Midnight Malice
03-30-2009, 12:07 PM
With any player against any pitcher I can hit HRs with edited sliders... I just went around my order 2 times with 18 HRs. Learn the swing stick timing and don't chase bad pitches... The only reasons innings end when I am playing the computer is if I let them.

As far as the errors go... sometimes it will count as an error, sometimes it wont. What do you expect from a glitchy game. I have tested it a few times...

You shouldn't worry too much about the HR and RBI classic cards, they will come while going for all the other cards, its the strikeout ones that are kinda a bitch.