PDA

View Full Version : [Fixed] Minimum character input in search function on main page.

Phate
03-12-2009, 12:01 AM
Would it be possible to put it up to 4 characters minimum? Search terms such as "NBA", "NFL" and even "Gun" seem to be unrecognised, returning a "Could not search for the game you requested. Please redefine your search" message.

Jappe XBA
03-12-2009, 01:32 PM
You can seach for "madden" to find NFL games.

Tomscfc
03-12-2009, 05:57 PM
This has been brought up soooo many times but it never happens :p i can't remeber the reason why though..

Telexen
03-12-2009, 06:03 PM
There are some valid search terms that are too short...but I'm 99% sure you won't find what you want with terms like "NBA", "NFL", and "Gun".

the_b1ues
03-12-2009, 06:05 PM
Its the same with most forum they all tell you to search before posting. But nearly every forum i go on there are problems with it.

l BANi l Shadow
03-15-2009, 08:42 PM
Yeah, that would be a good addition to a search engine, it kinda sucks when you can't find short-named games

Phate
03-17-2009, 06:02 PM
There are some valid search terms that are too short...but I'm 99% sure you won't find what you want with terms like "NBA", "NFL", and "Gun".

So, if by chance I want an achievement guide for the game "Gun" (y'know, the western), you don't think typing in "Gun" is a valid search term?

Or am I reading you wrong?

Spuffeld
03-17-2009, 06:26 PM
So, if by chance I want an achievement guide for the game "Gun" (y'know, the western), you don't think typing in "Gun" is a valid search term?

Or am I reading you wrong?

You don't read wrong, This is a valid point that needs to be fixed, Considering forums all ways nag people to use the search engine.

If your using firefox you can press CTRL+F to bring the search up and find the game page you are looking for.

For example if I'm looking for Project Gothem Racer I would type Gothem and press down until I find what game page I wanted.

Gumby™
03-17-2009, 06:50 PM
Searching "Gun" would bring up results from not only the game, but every other post in the entire board talking about a gun.

Same goes for NFL and NBA. If you're looking for Madden games, etc., you'd get posts about the NFL and NBA, but not games.

You can much easier just go to the main board page and press ctrl+f to find the game.

CyanideBreathMint
04-09-2009, 04:34 AM
Is the search off the main index page not working? It's not for me anyways. Getting error after error on it. Let us know, thanks. :)