PDA

View Full Version : Site Navigation in Forum

narcolepticshee
03-12-2009, 12:37 PM
I'm not sure if this is possible but I thought it would be a good idea to add the site navigation from the home page into the forum pages as well.

I made a mock-up of what I mean:

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a294/narcolepticsheep/Suggestion.png

I feel this would be really handy and save having to go back to the homepage everytime you want to click one of the navigation bars.

Peace

dakisbac
03-12-2009, 12:51 PM
I agree. Good idea. Beats having to press home every time

Jappe XBA
03-12-2009, 01:36 PM
It is possible, at least with SMF forums, I have own experience on that ;)

Mantra
03-12-2009, 06:10 PM
Thumbs up for that.

weesplash
03-14-2009, 04:07 AM
I'm not really sure about this one. I kinda like how the site is split up into two different sections; the "Home" section for checking out the achievements (among other stuff) and the "Forum" section for discussing them.

I jump about from the "Home" section and the "Forum" section quite a bit myself but one thing I do to speed things up is have the two sections of the site open in two separate tabs in my Internet Explorer window. This saves me time when I have to flick between the two because I just select the different tab.

Next time you login to the site give it a try: When you're on the homepage just right-click on the "Forum" button and then click on "Open Link in New Tab", then you're free to navigate both sections of the site much easier.

Eternal
03-14-2009, 04:39 AM
Just click the home button... Or have two tabs open at once. Can't be that hard.

Ingles
03-14-2009, 05:59 AM
With tabbed browsing, I just load the home and forum pages up into two separate tabs. It's easy and fast.

Besides... the website and the forums are really two separate things in themselves. Mixing them would jumble too many things into one place I think.

Contrah
03-14-2009, 10:43 AM
I use the xbox-green-wide forum theme so i just have 2 tabs in firefox open.