PDA

View Full Version : Think the game sucks? Look inside for help.

Chris Hoke
03-13-2009, 11:42 AM
Seems like maybe an achievement is glitched or never going to happen? I felt the same way.

1) Unhittable - Should be the first achievement you unlock. Go to rosters pick Yankees.

All you need to do is move each player from their starting lineup's batting average to 0. No other stats matter, if there AVG is 0 they cant hit. Raising a pitchers pitching is not needed.

2) Thief! - 2nd achievement you should unlock. Get on base and hit B to go down and become the base runner, do NOT take more than a 1 step lead or the pitcher will try to pick you off. If you don't have terrible reactions you should get this no problem even without raising everyones speed to perfect.

3) Super Slugger - 3rd achievement you should get -
If you edit your teams stats to be perfect on Homerun and Power they will hit a homerun more often then not, if you don't know anything about baseball, low pitches and pitches that are close to your batter are harder to hit a homerun with. When batting on the game there is a far, medium, or close distance you can be from the plate. Pick the middle stance because otherwise the pitching AI is so ridiculous if you scoot in they will jam you and if you scoot out they will paint the corner and you can't reach it.

4) Offensive Explosion - 4th achievement you should get.
Ok, the guide says that you can just accumulate 20 runs by using all the cheats, I did this 4 or 5 times while finishing the games just to make sure and it never unlocked. The answer to unlocking this achievement for me and a lot of people I've talked to is to get to 20 however you want, but once your over 20 you must hit a homerun. I think the game wants you to score a true OFFENSIVE run past 20 to give you this achievement. This is debateable but it worked for me and multiple others.

5) Robbery - Very easy achievement but everyones description is different on how to do it, and it just confuses people. Here is the correct way to do it.

Play with any team against the Cooperstown All Stars, they will hit many homeruns throughout the game. Hits that don't have a shadow near the wall are not able to be robbed. The hit must have half of a circle shadow against the wall sometimes having a red arrow in it. When you approach the wall sometimes a RS stick icon will appear , THIS IS THE ONLY TIME YOU CAN ROB THE BALL, now in the guide it says to click the stick in and some other stuff thats not correct. Simply, tap the right analog stick up as soon as you see the icon, do not wait until you are near the wall, click it immediately when the icon appears.

Hope this helps you beat this annoying game in less than 1 hour.

Bruk
03-13-2009, 12:37 PM
Thanks for clearing some of that up. The main guide doesn't elaborate on a few things.

One thing I'm wondering, is how to "set" a game up at Pro or higher...I've played a few games and should have gotten 2-3 achievements but nothing has popped for me. I am using cheats and altered roster stats, but I check the difficulty and it is indeed at Pro setting. I am choosing the "Play Ball" option at the top of the selection screen...I'm wondering if it's another mode you have to play for achievements to pop, or if I should try using no cheats next time around.

Also, do achievements unlock on the spot or do you have to wait until the game is over?

Chris Hoke
03-22-2009, 11:54 PM
The game unlocks the achievements as soon as you get them, at least all 5 of mine did. I had trouble with Offensive Explosion not unlocking, until I got past 20 runs and then scored an offensive run. I was just going way past 20 by striking people out and other cheats I had on were giving me runs and I wasn't actually scoring. That's how I fixed that one the others just unlocked for me. If you go into difficulty on the pause menu you can change the difficulty to legend if you want to be safe.

RizlaFino420
04-11-2009, 11:53 PM
i still think this game sucks. i bought it yesterday for 5 bucks used at game stop and i'm returning it today. thats how much it sucks...and no i didn't waste my time getting the achievements for this crap game. The Bigs is far superior (albeit less real). This game just made me frustated.

fronkde
06-29-2009, 04:18 AM
Thanks Chris, very helpful. Your suggestions were bang on.

Kaldo
01-19-2010, 03:11 PM
I hate this game. Finally finished it... 2 hrs my ass!!!!

Cheers for the tips mate

xDEAD SHOTTYx
01-24-2010, 04:21 AM
I hate this game. Finally finished it... 2 hrs my ass!!!!

Cheers for the tips mate

It only took me about an hour. I got all the achievements except for Robbery after the 5th inning then started another game and got Robbery in the 1st inning.

jasonisco0l
03-11-2010, 07:24 PM
i cant get the three homerun with a player one, no matter how hard i try..

Ackis
07-02-2010, 03:39 AM
i cant get the three homerun with a player one, no matter how hard i try..

I managed to get 2 homers with on player once, and 90% of those were with the bunt cheat.

Can't get robbery either.

Overall the game is terrible, I picked it up and 2k7, going to be taking 2k7 back tomorrow.

ruslan74
07-22-2010, 09:46 PM
Just a quick question, if I change the game to anything from the default 9 innings will it in any way affect the achievements? The reason I ask is because I followed the guide in regards to sliders for 2 teams and in a 5 inning game had over 5 steals, 20 runs and 15 strikeouts with one player. Yet no achievements popped during or at the end of the game. Any suggestions or should I suck it up and try again?

X Ech0 Side x
07-27-2010, 09:25 AM
I hated this game with a passion after finishing the achievements I locked it away in a draw to never play again. Thanks for posting this!

ruslan74
07-27-2010, 10:29 AM
Well I finally got it done. I did notice that loading a game which was previously saved would not give me any achievements. Thus playing a new game from the menu's PLAY BALL seems to be the best choice not to "glitch" the achievements. Thankfully this game is also tucked away in a drawer!