PDA

View Full Version : 40 saves achievement...

xYx VeNoM xYx
03-13-2009, 06:26 PM
Now I know you have to play 20 games in franchise for it to count but theres obviously no way you can get 40 saves in 20 games.... Has anyone confirmed/denied the ability to sim up to say the last week and just trade for a pitcher w/ 40+ saves or 40+ hrs or 200+ strikeouts..... Just curious as this would solve some ppls problems to get the 40 saves in the first play thru.... I know it worked on other sports titles for example if you had to have the mvp on ur team you could just sim to the last game and trade for whomever was going to be mvp and you would get the achievement?

SilverSluggerMZ
03-13-2009, 06:37 PM
Now I know you have to play 20 games in franchise for it to count but theres obviously no way you can get 40 saves in 20 games.... Has anyone confirmed/denied the ability to sim up to say the last week and just trade for a pitcher w/ 40+ saves or 40+ hrs or 200+ strikeouts..... Just curious as this would solve some ppls problems to get the 40 saves in the first play thru.... I know it worked on other sports titles for example if you had to have the mvp on ur team you could just sim to the last game and trade for whomever was going to be mvp and you would get the achievement?

1. You cannot trade players the last week of the season. Trade deadline- July 31st.
2. If you're going to trade for the pitcher that has the highest amount of saves at the trading deadline, usually the highest amount of saves someone has (in this game) around the trade deadline is about 20.
3. If this is the route you choose to take, be advised, even simming to the very last game, the closer will still not have more than 35 saves more than likely.

This is what I did. I had all the season achievements except the saves one. I played 20 games with Mariano Rivera on my team. Then when the trade deadline came, I traded for Bobby Jenks. I simmed till the last month of the season to see how many saves he needed. I played 8 games, got 8 saves to make it 40. Then, I simmed to the final game.

NOTICE- Once you get the 40 saves, you have to play an additional game AFTER you have gotten the 40 saves in order to unlock the achievement. This means if you play on September 20th and get your 40th save, play the very last game of the season and the achievement should unlock directly after the last game of the REGULAR season. Makes the season achievements much easier.

Tailz
03-13-2009, 09:04 PM
1. You cannot trade players the last week of the season. Trade deadline- July 31st.
2. If you're going to trade for the pitcher that has the highest amount of saves at the trading deadline, usually the highest amount of saves someone has (in this game) around the trade deadline is about 20.
3. If this is the route you choose to take, be advised, even simming to the very last game, the closer will still not have more than 35 saves more than likely.

This is what I did. I had all the season achievements except the saves one. I played 20 games with Mariano Rivera on my team. Then when the trade deadline came, I traded for Bobby Jenks. I simmed till the last month of the season to see how many saves he needed. I played 8 games, got 8 saves to make it 40. Then, I simmed to the final game.

NOTICE- Once you get the 40 saves, you have to play an additional game AFTER you have gotten the 40 saves in order to unlock the achievement. This means if you play on September 20th and get your 40th save, play the very last game of the season and the achievement should unlock directly after the last game of the REGULAR season. Makes the season achievements much easier.

You can trade for any player the last game of the year by turning the trade deadline off in the options menu. Then just play the last game and you'll get it (assuming you played 20 games). thats what i did

ProjectSix
03-19-2009, 11:19 PM

It also works if the next game you play is in the playoffs. It doesn't also have to be during the season. I got my 40th save in the last game of the season then simmed through to the last game of the world series, won that one and both the 40 saves and world series ones unlocked.

XxBlueSpade2xX
03-25-2009, 03:03 AM
Everytime I sim after twenty games, no one has more than 28-33 saves. I have tried Jenks a bunch of times too.

erod550
03-25-2009, 03:40 AM
After I got my 20 out of the way in the first half, I simmed until September a couple different times and no one had more than 25 saves. So I just played 15 3-inning games. Hit a homer or two just to get a 2-3 run lead and then bunt/steal to get out on purpose to make the game go faster. Bring in your closer in the 3rd and that's it. About 5-7 min per game. It goes faster if you are the home team too because that's one less time you have to bat.

The Cripplers
03-25-2009, 06:50 AM
I made sure to get a save with one guy in almost all the games I played. I started playing early in the season and when I simmed, checked to make sure he was getting some saves. Ended up with 44.

StuHemm
03-25-2009, 01:14 PM
I found that if you change the simmed games length to a lower number, the number of saves increases. Then I simmed for a week at a time. If my guy got a couple of saves a week I saved and continued, else reload and try again. For some reason 3 inning games didn't work well but 6 inning games worked great.

BladeMDP
03-25-2009, 04:08 PM
yeah, I had to play more games than needed (about 34 instead of 20) to get the 40 saves ach (only got 6 simming because my boosted team was blowing everyone out) - but not that big of a deal when playing 3 inning games.

t00thgrinder
03-25-2009, 04:12 PM
ya i played the 20 then simd. had 34 with like a little less then a month to go. u have to play 1 more game once u get the 40 in order for the achv to pop-up.

NUTZILLA313
03-29-2009, 05:10 PM
I was simming with 9 inning games, after about 24 games played, simmed the season to get to the WS and get the HR, RBI, 20 wins, 200K ones, and noticed Rivera only had about 29 saves, and when I played I got him about 18 of those. So decided to finish the WS and go back to the save before I started simming, and simmed to the last month, and now he has 37 saves, so I just have to play 3 more games and get a save. So I'd suggest simming the season a couple times after you play 20 games, and look at your closer stats to see where he's at.:uzi::eek: