PDA

View Full Version : How to get Defending Champion by yourself

HamKet
03-13-2009, 09:19 PM
Don't have any friends with Lips? Don't want to post in the achievment trading thread?

You can get the Defending Champion all by yourself with a second gamertag!*

Here's how:

1. Sign in as your main GT
2. Send challenge to second GT
3. Return to Lips title screen
4. Sign in to the second GT (do not sign out of your main GT)
5. Go to My Lips and accept the challenge
6. Sing the song twice, completing the attempts for the profile
7. Return to the title screen
8. Load up your other profile
9. Go to My Lips and sing the song both times
10. View the results
11. Return to Lips title screen
12. Load up your other profile
13. Go to My Lips and view challenge results
14. Send a challenge to the other profile
15. Repeat steps 5-14 nineteen more times

You can quit each song just after they begin, there is no need to even sing. If both profiles tie in score, they both get a win.

*I haven't tried this with a silver account, but I understand that it works as well. It will definitely work with two gold accounts.

x400C
03-16-2009, 05:15 PM
it works with a gold and a silver account. i use my son's silver account to get some wins when i don't get any challenges.

Boss Kamikaze
04-04-2009, 02:44 PM
How to do I get the challenge finished of so I can re challenge again

x400C
04-04-2009, 03:44 PM
view the results for both profiles. then refresh. you might have to give it a few seconds. patience is key.

chronovore
05-15-2009, 05:29 AM
I just figured this out on my own yesterday, and came here to post this very technique. Your step-by-step is more well-written than mine, though. :-)

Note: You /can/ sign out of your main GT after completing the first step, as long as the system has saved your progress. However, LIPS auto-save timing is very strange, and it's possible to mess up your save data by interrupting its process.

Korrawi
05-22-2009, 06:27 PM
There is also this way which was posted in the "Achievement Guide" thread by Morbus Iff.

MartiniKiss0x (http://live.xbox.com/en-US/profile/profile.aspx?pp=0&GamerTag=MartiniKiss0x) and I finished Defender last night. Some tips:

* You don't have to sing the whole song.
* We used Bust A Move, as it had the most immediate 2 notes ("Bust it") - literally within a second of starting. Singing them gets you 3150 points, and then you can hit Start and End Song. The winner sings "Bust it" on the first song, quits, and then quits the second song as soon as it starts. The loser quits both songs as soon as they start.
* When you're starting a song, after selecting the red "Rival" badge, you'll see a Loading screen in the lower left, then the song title. You can X past the song title screen, saving a few seconds of time.
* Once you get into the rhythm of the above, it takes about 3 minutes per win, giving a grande total of 2 hours to boost the achievement (and this counts all the annoying and repetitive Y button refreshing you have to do.)

TeamNolife
12-28-2009, 03:54 PM
OMG now i have to do it 40 times lol i have a 100% tag as well pff:)

chamberzezz
08-11-2010, 10:53 AM
How do you send a challenge to the second gamertag/profile. It only show my list of friends.

HamKet
08-30-2010, 09:06 PM
How do you send a challenge to the second gamertag/profile. It only show my list of friends.

You may have already figured it out, but you'll need to have the second tag on your friends list, so send it a friend request if you don't.

chamberzezz
08-31-2010, 02:47 PM
You may have already figured it out, but you'll need to have the second tag on your friends list, so send it a friend request if you don't.

Thanks. I did figure that out but only recently. Got all confused as I tried sending a request ages ago and it didn't receive the invite. (after more than a few tries) so I just assumed the same xbox couldn't have one profile friends with another (Stupid thought I know) ...But then I tried it again and it worked.

ewlong
11-14-2010, 04:13 PM
This sounds brilliant, I'll have to give it a go soon!

Ivanich E Ringpiece
03-23-2011, 08:08 AM
Well blow me down and roll me over..
If I had known this before my son broke his xbox I would have completed it today...
Now I will have to challenge my mate lol..
Or if anyone has it and would like to add me as friend, I can send you some challenges..

chronovore
03-24-2011, 05:46 AM
You don't need a second xbox, you just need a second gamertag. You can create an offline gamertag on your single xbox, and then log-in and log-out each gamertag in turn.

You might even be able to do it with two controllers, never logging anyone out, but I don't think INIS' menu management is smart enough to track menu display/results based on the active controller's gamertag.