PDA

View Full Version : Is this game worth it?

Ace IIXII
03-14-2009, 02:21 AM
Is this worth picking up? Yes I've tried the demo, and I liked it, but from experience demos usually boast the best part of the game and the rest is downhill. So does this game get better? Feedback would be much appreciated.

cbssi
03-14-2009, 04:58 AM
No, it's not "worth it" (I'm assuming you mean "worth the $60"). It's $60 for seven levels, and a lot less depth and gameplay than you would expect. I do, however, recommend it. It's a very good and entertaining gaming experience. As I explained earlier, my only gripe is the price. It should have been $40-$50, not $60. If you want the full experience and story, as well, it's $80. Worst part is that the "full experience" (AKA extra levels you purchase that give a somewhat bear-all view to the end of the game), only adds about three hours of gameplay total. That's right, you pay $20 for three hours of play time. In my opinion, that's a huge rip off.

But, as I said, if you have money to burn, burn it. The game is entertaining and fun.

Ace IIXII
03-14-2009, 09:05 PM
Much appreciated. I found it on Amazon for $40. I do have the money to burn, but I'm picky about the games I play. As long as it's fun and entertaining. I'm still playing CoD4 regularly. Halo Wars may keep me busy for another week. I just really need a change of pace. As long as the core gameplay is good, I'll keep myself amused.

SPARTANJEDI
03-15-2009, 08:23 PM
this game is worth it

helterskelter
03-22-2009, 11:35 PM
40 bucks, wow i just picked this up today on the clearance rack at target for 15 bucks. guess i got lucky

Poida
03-31-2009, 09:56 AM
Definitely is worth it regardless of price, its a challenging game in terms of the traps and puzzles.

Logical
04-01-2009, 02:08 PM
I was thinking about buying this yesterday, It's only 14.99.

Ben Sharpe
04-01-2009, 02:25 PM
I was thinking about buying this yesterday, It's only 14.99.

I got it for that too, I got a 2 for 30 in Game yesterday

big red marino
04-01-2009, 07:22 PM
I agree - great game but very short.

Logical
04-01-2009, 07:26 PM
btw, would you say 1000/1000 would be fairly easy to get or are there some hard achievements to get?

Kif
04-02-2009, 05:49 PM
btw, would you say 1000/1000 would be fairly easy to get or are there some hard achievements to get?
Don't worry, they're easy if you keep track of what you're doing. Anniversary has harder achievements than this.

I'd say it's worth a rental. It's a quick game once you know where to go and how to solve the puzzles. Fun but definitely not the best TR.

pined5551
05-19-2009, 06:46 PM
I've been looking at getting some older games. I too am very picky about what games i play, i dont mind buying games with tough achievements but if the game is crap then just doesnt make sense to buy it, lol. I played the demo and it was pretty good, despite some awkward camera angles and terrible targetting system. The acievements look easy as well so if i can find it around for 10 then i think i'll get it.

Bearded Bugs
05-28-2009, 06:22 PM
I've been looking at getting some older games. I too am very picky about what games i play, i dont mind buying games with tough achievements but if the game is crap then just doesnt make sense to buy it, lol. I played the demo and it was pretty good, despite some awkward camera angles and terrible targetting system. The acievements look easy as well so if i can find it around for 10 then i think i'll get it.

Yeah if you can find it for 10 somewhere then get it, I paid full price for it when it came out and I was happy with it, so for a tenner it's a bargain.