PDA

View Full Version : You call this hard?

AcidGlowx81
03-14-2009, 12:57 PM
this is FEAR on normal diff... good thing I didn't pay for the game. Instant Action was my main gripe for not paying for this damn game.

BioHazard117
03-14-2009, 05:32 PM
Not sure if this will or has happened on the 360 version, but the PC version was just patched to make the hard difficulty much more difficult. Be careful what you wish for. :P

AcidGlowx81
03-15-2009, 03:22 AM
It's too late. I went through the whole campaign on HARD and now I just have multiplayer achievements. First try and it wasn't hard at all. They won't get me playing hard anymore unless they add better achievements or more which we all know will never happen for a game like this.

yosambo
03-15-2009, 04:16 AM
Don't be so sure. The first FEAR came out before it was a common thing to add more achievements. When that trend started the first FEAR was almost dead, and it already had DLC for it. It wouldn't surprise me if this games multiplayer didn't pick up with a few good DLC releases, and of course more achievements. They could always add an extreme mode.

BluntmanX
03-15-2009, 11:36 AM
I haven't played Hard yet, but I really hope it's at least half as difficult as the first FEAR on Extreme..god that was hard..took me forever. lol

phobzy85
03-17-2009, 10:11 AM
It's not hard. It's like playing Moderate gearing down towards low difficulty on Fear 1. There we're no moments of being stuck. Just plain sailing easy stuff that a non fps player could probably slaughter with ease.

I had more of a challenge completing quake 4 / moh a on easy.......... i've completed Fear 1 on extreme and I was expecting a challenge and frantic gameplay. Urghhh me so sad/angry :uzi:

xEndriux
03-17-2009, 10:17 AM
Don't know FEAR but FEAR2 is not hard in hard difficulty
It's hard to get 1000 due to the General achivement

ToxicVampire
03-22-2009, 12:03 AM
To get the Veteran achievement, can you just beat each mission via the Mission Select screen?

XxDarkMaster1xX
03-22-2009, 11:45 AM
Hard Difficulty is like Normal difficulty on the first F.E.A.R

Heners
04-09-2009, 12:25 PM
its quite hard on insane but its rather fun:woop:

Jewls
04-20-2009, 07:01 AM
You call this hard?

That's what she said. :p

But yeah, piece of cake.

Judivarious
04-21-2009, 01:24 PM
Not sure if this will or has happened on the 360 version, but the PC version was just patched to make the hard difficulty much more difficult. Be careful what you wish for. :P

Even after that PC patch, the Singleplayer STILL remains pretty easy.......

Another thing they need to fix is the differences from PC to Xbox 360.....

There are so many more scarier parts in the 360 version (such as alma behind doors you really wouldn't go by usually), and the lighting was a lot better..

Monolith really s**t on PC gamers when it came to FEAR 2.

Jewls
04-21-2009, 07:04 PM
Even after that PC patch, the Singleplayer STILL remains pretty easy.......

Another thing they need to fix is the differences from PC to Xbox 360.....

There are so many more scarier parts in the 360 version (such as alma behind doors you really wouldn't go by usually), and the lighting was a lot better..

Monolith really s**t on PC gamers when it came to FEAR 2.

Didn't they "s**t" on them with the first FEAR? I hear it was hard to play FEAR unless you had a high end computer effectively.

Judivarious
04-21-2009, 09:27 PM
Didn't they "s**t" on them with the first FEAR? I hear it was hard to play FEAR unless you had a high end computer effectively.

I never had a problem with the first F.E.A.R., and I had a pretty crappy computer back then......

I would say the 360 players got worse on FEAR 1, I tried playing it, and the controls bugged the crap out of me.