PDA

View Full Version : Missing Pythagoras, Sargon, Gilgamesh. Any sugestions appreciated!

COBRAtheENEMY
03-15-2009, 09:28 PM
I've read some posts about not doing beta centauri if the great person is an early tech one.

Just wondering if there's any other tips out there because these 3 a re proving difficult for me.

Thanks

LLTC
03-19-2009, 05:21 AM
Sargon was the last guy I needed, and he proved very difficult for me to get. I ended up getting him last night, playing as the greek in beta centauri on chieftain difficulty. He arrived way into the game (around 2400 AD), and when he arrived I had at least 20 cities, taken over 3 of the 4 opponents (didn't actually find the 4th, not sure if that matters) and was generating about 2000 culture per turn.

Hopefully this helps you in at least finding sargon lol, as he is quite a pain.

As for the other two, my best advice would be if they dont show up in the search for sargon, go through each civ in beta centauri and aim for a cultural victory, but when you get it, dont finish, wait the game out. This way you will be generating lots of culture and should be able to get lots of great people, and hopefully flushing out the ones you need.

KillTheft Gator
03-28-2009, 10:33 PM
I've read some posts about not doing beta centauri if the great person is an early tech one.

Just wondering if there's any other tips out there because these 3 a re proving difficult for me.

Thanks

Your best bet in going for great people would either be the Romans or the Greeks in the Beta Centauri scenario. Despite popular belief, the great person you get is completely random. So just keep building cities and keep getting up that culture.

Bahaumaut
04-03-2009, 01:49 AM
From seeing the Civilopedia, I don't think it's *totally* random. I think you may have to research the tech under that Great Leader for it to be available. Once available, though, it probably has an equal chance as all the other available leaders, which means a lot of randomness in Beta Centauri as you've got every tech already at your feet.

One question to think of, which might be a problem: whether leaders that other civs get ahold of and host in their cities out of the pool you can get yourself? And whether a 'used' leader that confers a special ability (immediate project finish, for example) acts the same way.

I'm not sure if you have to win for it to record your Great Leaders. I got Ms. Nightengale as my last leader, and it did the standard Momentary Freeze then Happy Achievement Beep right before she popped up as a unit. Might be worthwhile to test and see if you can save before a cultural leader pop, and see if A) the leader varies and B) if you pass a turn or two, then quit, whether it records the leader in the great hall. If both are true, you can always try load, play, quit and see if you can roll one up.

thefunktopus
04-03-2009, 07:31 PM
I was missing Pythagoras today but got him by doing a normal game on chieftain with the zulus (only because i hadn't used them yet!!). I just played through and i beleive he is connected with mathematics, so make sure to research that ASAP. i did it by Alphabet, pottery, writing, masonry and finally mathematics. Can't help you on the others though!!

Hope this helps.