PDA

View Full Version : Game forum links in my checklists

horstwayne
03-18-2009, 07:35 AM
I looked up the previously suggested ideas and did a search and did not find something about it, so sorry if this has been suggested before.

I regularly visit the forums of the games on my checklist, to see if some of my questions have been answered or new posts are up.

The problem is the following: I have to open each game in a new tab, then have to click the forum link in each tab and have to close every game tab to have all game forum tabs up.

Would be far easier if I had forum links next to the game status thingies, so that I could instantly open the forums in new tabs without visiting the game page first.

Asian47
03-18-2009, 04:00 PM
Instead of bringing up all the tabs at once, why don't you make a tab for each game one at a time? Doing that, you could easily go through your checklist of games without drastically slowing down your computer.

horstwayne
03-19-2009, 10:06 AM
My computer/browser combination can handle multiple tabs pretty well.

I can see your point there, but it would still be 2 clicks and a close each. And it is against my standard forum browsing behaviour. When I use the many-tab way, I don't have to remember which thread (game here) I already checked. And it's a lot faster than going back and forth all the time. The loading of the other tabs is done while I am still opening the others or reading the first.

It's even better for the servers because loading the game achievement page is pure overhead here because I don't even look at it, yet it still has to load. And I guess it's not only me who regularly checks his game's forums this way.

Aren't there any more tab-o-maniacs out there?