PDA

View Full Version : Playing Scrabble in UK problems

ponypo2001
03-18-2009, 04:42 PM
Like others I'm sure,I hopped onto my US account today and downloaded the trial of Scrabble.It seems however,that even after downloading the USA version of Game Night,Scrabble does not appear on the games there.Have EA region locked Scrabble or am I just being thick.I've tried everything now but it will not show,not even on my USA account.

Lympathia
03-18-2009, 04:44 PM
I'm not sure if it's been released yet but I'm wondering the same thing.

aussiestatic
03-18-2009, 04:50 PM
Win one game of Scrabble. (Scrabble is only available in North America & English).

Doesnt English mean UK?

Strident
03-18-2009, 04:57 PM
As Hasbro don't own the rights to Scrabble in the UK I can understand the strict region blocking but they should've worked out a way of removing those achievements that we have no way of getting.

Lympathia
03-18-2009, 04:59 PM
As Hasbro don't own the rights to Scrabble in the UK I can understand the strict region blocking but they should've worked out a way of removing those achievements that we have no way of getting.
The problem is, we are perceiving this as one game, when in reality it is nothing more than a collection of arcade games.

aussiestatic
03-18-2009, 05:05 PM
This stinks.
so people in the UK and australia cant attain the full 1,4000 gamerscore?

XopsX
03-18-2009, 05:13 PM
people who cant play scrabble cant get the achievements. that is correct. The problem is that xbox live will not let a game have a different set of achievements based on the regions. other games have similar issues but they solve it by having two different titles, one EUR and one USA or something. This of course means that people with USA cannot play people with a EUR. Therefore segregating the online community. so the choice the developers have is either people have a gap on thier achievement list, or people cant play thier friends abroad. the latter being the worst case i think.

ponypo2001
03-18-2009, 06:14 PM
At the moment it is looking like you'll need an NTSC console to do it.I have one arriving on Friday but this really is not fair.I,and I'm sure others,really thought that having access to a US account would be all that was necessary.Looks like EA just want to wave their wand of power again by region branding.Not letting Euro players play with other countries and vice versa is their little power game.Remember Mercs 2? I so wish I didn't love the ol's GS cause I'd boycott EA in a flash.

TanyaSpace
03-18-2009, 07:11 PM
I almost downloaded this earlier with my US account.
Good thing I tried to play the demo first
and saw that no matter how you try, you canīt play scrabble
unless you actually live in the US (thatīs how it looks anyway)

XopsX
03-18-2009, 08:18 PM
Looks like EA just want to wave their wand of power again by region branding.Not letting Euro players play with other countries and vice versa is their little power game.Remember Mercs 2? I so wish I didn't love the ol's GS cause I'd boycott EA in a flash.

This time it isnt EA, its a mixture of the limitations of the xbox live system and hasbro only owning the rights to the games in some territories. EA made the deal with hasbro to make the games, and hasbro dont own the rights for scrabble world wide, only North America.

weffalump
03-18-2009, 11:07 PM
Thought I'd post just to confirm that the game only checks that it is running on an NTSC-U console. It doesn't check where your account is registered (you just need a US account to buy it in the first place).

It does suck however that you can log onto your US account on a PAL console and purchase it, only to find out that it doesn't appear ingame. If you don't have an NTSC-U console, dont waste 800 points trying!

Giantxxx
03-19-2009, 01:05 PM
Any chance Hasbro will get the rights and this may be available at a later date??? Or am i only dreaming???

TU0MA5
03-19-2009, 01:17 PM
english means in this case probably the language, not the country because i have ever heard about somebody living in english, only in england! <- SEE THE DIFFERENCE F-O-O-L-S
so united states means language aswell.

united states= american-english
english=english that people in UK speak

YogiB
03-19-2009, 01:23 PM
If you live in Norway,Sweden,Denmark or Finland you only have Connect 4 & Battleship why can`t we also least get Yathzee (haven`t try too DL trial of Yathzee on my UK account yet too see if it works). But sucks anyway D:.

xTIGERLILLIEx
03-19-2009, 04:58 PM
EA games should not be able to get away with this.

army of two
mercs 2
family game night

really starting to piss me off

NorthernLass
03-19-2009, 05:59 PM
bummer was hoping a us account would get round this

Rusty Nail zh
03-20-2009, 09:33 AM
Actually I wanted to download Scrabble aswell from the US and A. What I think is, that you have to download the free version of Family Game Night (Base Version under Arcade Games) in USA region, so that Scrabble appears in the menu.
Well I don't like it, that for the EUs there are still 1400GS to get, but we will never be able to complete this collection. That sucks.
Well, hope they come out on disc.... (cheaper)

TanyaSpace
03-31-2009, 01:03 PM
So this definitely works if you have an NTSC-U console?
Just checking because I got one last week :)

TanyaSpace
04-12-2009, 06:23 PM
It works in the UK if you have a US console.
Tried the demo yesterday (kinda forgot about it ;) )
Not sure if Iīll buy it though.
Might just wait til the end of the year when the whole bundle is out on disc.
(should be cheaper than DL it from LIVE)

Seany Show
04-30-2009, 10:44 PM
Wow I really have to get an NTSC Console to 100% this game. I am glad that I didnt download the full game on my US account as dont want to waste 800msp. Doesnt this break some kind of Achievement rules as only people with US Consoles can achieve all points but will still have to have those 200 unachieveable points on our gamercards!!

B Rabbit FNFA
05-01-2009, 02:56 AM
There are other ways around it if u just want the full 1,400 gs. i have a very trusted friend in the u.s that i have gamed with for like 3 years!!
i just asked him if he would get those achievements for me. We traded accounts for the day and he got me a few cheevos and we will probly do it again sometime in the future.

if you have a reliable friend in the u.s get them to do it for you!!

SetoChaos
05-15-2009, 05:35 PM
Hmm, interesting what people are saying here. How are you all buying this in the UK with US accounts anyway. I can understand free content like Aegis Wing and Yaris, but when I tried to get Buku Numeros with a Mexican account I either needed a Mexican credit card or a Mexican points card? So are you using US point cards to do this? Thanks and if anyone knows where to get Mexican point cards too, please tell me :)

AdamVG-R
06-08-2009, 08:13 PM
This is just bullshit. EA should at least try and negotiate with Hasbro to release it in the UK, even if they take a share of the profits. FFS! Is there a reason why Sorry Sliders isnt out in the UK either?

OneSweetShannon
06-09-2009, 07:11 PM
This is just bullshit. EA should at least try and negotiate with Hasbro to release it in the UK, even if they take a share of the profits. FFS! Is there a reason why Sorry Sliders isnt out in the UK either?

Hasbro doesn't own the rights to Scrabble in the UK, Mattel does, and even if they were to release Scrabble in the UK, it then wouldn't be a part of Hasbro's Family Game Night.

Also, Sorry Sliders isn't out anywhere yet.

SetoChaos
06-09-2009, 07:46 PM
Also, Sorry Sliders isn't out anywhere yet.

I'll take a guess that everyone who has 1400 in the game is a cheater then?

http://www.mygamercard.net/leaderboard.php?gt=&g=742&z=&c=&x=70&y=18

Or are you mistaken, a lot of people seem to have 1400.

OneSweetShannon
06-10-2009, 06:28 PM
I'll take a guess that everyone who has 1400 in the game is a cheater then?

http://www.mygamercard.net/leaderboard.php?gt=&g=742&z=&c=&x=70&y=18

Or are you mistaken, a lot of people seem to have 1400.

Yes, they are cheaters.

Ruthless Remix
08-04-2009, 05:42 PM
So how do you do it? I downloaded the Full game from my US account and i have a US console (not tried it yet) Any other way like using a UK console? I see it does work as PonyPo has it on his 360voice completed games.

Ruthless Remix
08-04-2009, 05:43 PM
Yes, they are cheaters.

No they clearly are not. I know Uk people with 1400 GS that are not cheater's im just gonna ask them :)

OneSweetShannon
08-04-2009, 07:56 PM
No they clearly are not. I know Uk people with 1400 GS that are not cheater's im just gonna ask them :)

Back on June 10th when I proclaimed they were cheaters it was fact. Since that time Sorry Sliders came out and 1400 is possible, provided you have an NTSC console and a US account.

Anyone who had 1400 before June 24th is definitely a cheater. Anyone who does not have an NTSC console who has above 1200 is also a cheater.

You might want to check dates and context before you post.

WyldeWolf
11-03-2009, 04:35 PM
I have an NTSC console living in the UK, and the game shows up in the family game night room. However Scrabble neither shows up on the marketplace, nor does it allow me to unlock the full game. Anyone know how to get around this?

Seany Show
11-03-2009, 04:42 PM
I have an NTSC console living in the UK, and the game shows up in the family game night room. However Scrabble neither shows up on the marketplace, nor does it allow me to unlock the full game. Anyone know how to get around this?

Are you playing on a US account or a UK account when you are playing on your NTSC console?

As for it to show up you need to be on a US account on your NTSC console.

WyldeWolf
11-03-2009, 06:52 PM
Are you playing on a US account or a UK account when you are playing on your NTSC console?

As for it to show up you need to be on a US account on your NTSC console.

Can I change it? I ask because it started off as a UK account on the original xbox, but I moved to America and renewed it when I bought a 360, and now I'm at uni back in the UK where I changed the tag, but it's still the same account. How do I check? And if it is a UK account, should I just make a temp american account to purchase it?

marKot1k
11-04-2009, 10:31 PM
If you make another account to purchase it, you'll have to add points to that account, then you'll only be able to play it with that account...

If you did that, I'm not even sure you would be able to log in as player 2 with your main account seeing as they would be from different regions on the same game - maybe try making a temp uk account and finding out if you are able to play 2 player games with both us and uk on one of the other games - like say Boggle which is available in both regions.

I wouldnt like to say either way - just thought I'd add what I was thinking when I noticed to dilemma. Hope you get it sorted - I too am from the UK and feel a bit miffed how we dont get Scrabble here. Its played round the world in 100's of countries - so I dont understand why its not out here??

xMac Kellx
03-29-2010, 11:35 PM
Bumping this. Hopefully someone with the answer reads this.

I downloaded the game on my US (USADemos187) account and am currently playing on my NTSC Xbox with my Main (xMac Kellx) account logged in.

I just finished my first game and unlocked achievements for xMac Kellx. Great.

However, I can only play Scrabble when USADemos187 is the main account signed in. I cannot go onto Xbox Live with this account because it's not signed up.

My question is, if I sign up for Xbox Live with the USADemos187 account, can xMac Kellx play online too?

xMac Kellx
03-29-2010, 11:45 PM
I found a 48 trial and put it on my USADemos187 account. I can play online with this account but I can't play online with my xMac Kellx account.

xMac Kellx
03-29-2010, 11:48 PM
Ah, all I had to do was change my locale to the US on my xMac Kellx account. I'm playing online now. Nice.

Gottle
07-04-2010, 02:05 AM
If you: use a NTSC 360 with an US account, download scrabble, log out your us gamertag, log in your EU gamertag, change your international settings to USA, then you can play scrabble?! Here in Italy we can't even play Boggle...
Damned EA

luuwat
12-13-2010, 02:43 AM
If you: use a NTSC 360 with an US account, download scrabble, log out your us gamertag, log in your EU gamertag, change your international settings to USA, then you can play scrabble?! Here in Italy we can't even play Boggle...
Damned EA how do you change your location from UK TO US?

CATSBUM2010
02-07-2011, 03:09 AM
i am just wondering, the only cheevos i have left on this game is for scrabble. i am just wondering how do you go about setting up an us account. do you need an imported xbox 360 or can you just buy the NTSC-U booster cable so i dont have to get rid of my current xbox 360

Banco Billy
06-15-2011, 09:02 AM
I completed the game yesterday and can confirm that you need a US Xbox, a US account with US MS points to download the game. I had my US account signed in as well and used my main account to play the game.