PDA

View Full Version : Even easier 'Ruthless' achievement guide!

BuddhaMD
03-18-2009, 11:05 PM
Yes, I've watched the youtube vid for doing this in the 1st section of the 1st chapter but failed on numerous occasions to actually get it. I finally got it in the last but one section of the same (1st) chapter...

Just as you enter the teahouse turn left & go up the stairs to your left, diving & shooting the 1 or 2 guys as you go up. Turn left at the top & dive & shoot a couple more guys then do a U-turn & groups will start to come out of the door in front of you (door on the right @ the top of the stairs). Keep diving backwards & forwards shooting these groups.

After 2 or 3 groups you should be up to around 42 stars. Jump on the banister to your right & onto the light/swing & finally shoot 2 or 3 guys on the opposite balcony... Achievement unlocked.

This method took 2 or 3 attempts to get right whereas I had attempted what I had seen in the Youtube vid (& failed) many times.

Hope this helps all you people who are as crap @ shooters as I am :p

A 1FingerSalute
05-02-2009, 01:21 AM
Yes, I've watched the youtube vid for doing this in the 1st section of the 1st chapter but failed on numerous occasions to actually get it. I finally got it in the last but one section of the same (1st) chapter...

Just as you enter the teahouse turn left & go up the stairs to your left, diving & shooting the 1 or 2 guys as you go up. Turn left at the top & dive & shoot a couple more guys then do a U-turn & groups will start to come out of the door in front of you (door on the right @ the top of the stairs). Keep diving backwards & forwards shooting these groups.

After 2 or 3 groups you should be up to around 42 stars. Jump on the banister to your right & onto the light/swing & finally shoot 2 or 3 guys on the opposite balcony... Achievement unlocked.

This method took 2 or 3 attempts to get right whereas I had attempted what I had seen in the Youtube vid (& failed) many times.

I can say that Buddha's method above works excellent. Even better than expected. After talking to him a bit (he's the only XBL player who is a Zen Monk & Doctor-of-Botany) Buddha and I agree that this method is by far the best and easiest.

I can add to this that you don't even need to frag the initial guys at all as you enter the Tea house. In fact, it worked better for me if you just do this on Casual mode, and just run up the stairs ASAP, and this way the guys will follow you up the stairs giving you a slew of Style Kills that easily ring up a 50.

Doing it this way, it was completely unnecessary to even jump over onto the chandelier to the other side of the map. There are more than enough kills to be had doing it my "Buddha-Enhanced" Zen version.

Everyone is there at the top of the stairs, and the guys keep coming out the door. Just do Style Kills over & over.

Im4evasmart
05-06-2009, 06:24 AM
Well its a shame i have done it already, but im sure this can help some off my friends, thanks :).

crabbycrabcrab
05-22-2009, 11:36 AM
Gonna try this now :)

A 2rue boofer
05-22-2009, 02:31 PM
ya I tried to and it works better than the first level 1. I bet you watched my videos on youtube of the ruthless achievement :) youtube username -- boofarama

knifetotheeye
05-27-2009, 08:53 PM
Thanks for the tip off Dude, works a treat!

JDSensations
08-04-2009, 07:21 PM

ok how the hell do you do this? i run u the stairs shoot what guys there are jumpoing diving everything, then noone comes out of the room then i lose my stars combo then eventually they come out, biggest i can get is 34 then they stop and there is noone across the room, there are 2 hiding behind pillars by the time i even find them the combo is lost again...

Magicman10893
08-05-2009, 08:10 AM
I used the Youtube vieo where you slide down the railing and run up the next railing. I got it on my first try and got it between 54 and 65 stars. Also in the teahouse I took cover behind a pillar on the first floor and just popped out with a shotgun and got around 60 stars from just that!

JDSensations
08-11-2009, 02:54 PM
my problem is i just keep losing the combo.....

Lara Croft
09-07-2009, 05:45 AM
this method works great, thank you BuddhaMD
especially when you shoot an enemy several times with a pistol and keep jumping

OmegaFleegman13
09-07-2009, 05:53 AM
Ok, this is a MUCH easier method that I used to get 50 stars. When you enter the teahouse in the first level, go into the kitchen, turn left and take cover in the doorway so you can look out and shoot people. If you stay there, they just line up. If you go for headshots, its 4 stars for every person and they just line up. You should probably just go for headshots but I got the achievement no problem, plenty of people to get in this area.