PDA

View Full Version : Pro and S Ranks

Evo Kazz
03-19-2009, 07:19 AM
Firstly, how hard is Pro? Normal had a few awkward moments but nothing too bad, how does Pro compare? Sorry if this has been asked before.

Secondly, can S Ranks be gained in Amatuer?

mercsavage
03-19-2009, 07:30 AM
Pro is very difficult unless you have infinite weapons like the rocket launcher, Hydra, Handcannon, and maybe even the PSGI Sniper Rifle
If you get melee'd by a weapon you are almost guaranteed to die and you even die faster when it says you are dying.
Also arrows can almost kill you in one shot but if you have melee vest and the bulletproof vest. They can reduce the damage a bit when you get hit.
The Giant boss battle is really difficult and I bet the soldier zombies are too.
Right now I am about half way through it.

oh yeah
you can get S rankings on Amateur

Boston15
03-19-2009, 07:34 AM
Pro is pretty tough. I suggest playing through normal or vet first and upgrading a weapon and getting infinite ammo for it. There's not much spare ammo laying around. Basically one melee hit from the basic enemy kills you. It's fun though. Throw on the melee vest and bulletproof vest and it will help alot. If you have something like the infinite rocket launcher or infinite L.Hawk it shouldn't give you much trouble.

And yes, you can get a S rank on amateur. Basically have good accuracy, don't die, and get through the level pretty quick and you can get an S rank.

Jet1337
03-19-2009, 08:39 AM
My friend unlocked Pro before me, but since he was so unprepared I beat him. He was on the Uroboros boss before 5-3 and I went in there with my infinite rocket launcher and killed the boss in one shot! I laughed so hard when I saw that the completion time was 1:05:00 xD

S1lent B Deadly
03-19-2009, 09:30 AM
Pro is very difficult unless you have infinite weapons like the rocket launcher, Hydra, Handcannon, and maybe even the PSGI Sniper Rifle

i disagree on weapons choices this poster made. All of his choices are way less powered than mine. and the perks arent as useful.

M3 shotgun is superior to Hydra
ASG Rifle is superior to PSGI
S&W M 500 is best weapon in game

with just these 3 you can do pro

if you don't have the action points to purchase all yet start with S&W 500 first. It's a magnum but you can use it as your default pistol and never have to reload. It does 5000 damage fully upgraded which is HALF A ROCKET!

Honestly with just this unlocked pro is very doable

burdened3
03-19-2009, 11:11 AM
id have to say the hardest level in pro was 2-3, u cant heal and that gay ogre dude is soo hard... otherwise, i beat it in one day in less than 3 hours... with inf rocket launcher (GREAT FOR BOSSES AND MASSIVE MANJINI), the m3 (great accuracy, damage, and quick shots), and sometimes the m500 mag (really only for the final form of wesker when u had to shoot the weak spot) other than that its dead easy.. just remember where your opponets are and you should be fine.

and any time i attempted for an s rank in amateur, i got it first try. inf weapons go a really long way!

WonderCaliban
03-19-2009, 11:44 AM
Do the kills your AI partner get count towards the total kills needed for the S ranking?

Or do only the kills you get count?

It would influence the weapon choices I give Sheeva.

Soliduma
03-19-2009, 12:59 PM
As far as I know, they do not count but you must give good weapons to Sheva since some times she can help you get that Majini from your back, not to mention that when you send her alone in some chapters she's gonna have to protect herself.

And with that principle, I've got most S's in Professional.

id have to say the hardest level in pro was 2-3, u cant heal and that gay ogre dude is soo hard... !
Just shoot the guy when he's about to attack to stop it, don't overheat it shooting when he's just glaring at you since you do 0 damage.
And keep a look out for the majini that regularly appear.

S rank on pro easy.

Jet1337
03-19-2009, 01:30 PM
That Savanna level was pretty easy on Pro. I only died once and that was because I was so used to the button commands on Amateur, but I still S-ranked it.

The game was a walk in the park on Pro with that infinite rocket launcher xD