PDA

View Full Version : GLITCH: achievement doesn't register

SXY S14
03-19-2009, 10:20 PM
This problem has happened twice on this game, and once on Halo 3. When I do what the achievement says needs to be done, I don't get the achievement, but the game reads it as having been done. For example, The 1000 mile achievement. I have 3800 miles now, and still haven't gotten the achievement. Same with Single Player Victory Level 4. I've gotten the 6th one, but still never got the 4th. The game understands I got it, and has it filled in on the Info tab at the home, (and come to think of it, added in the achievement score for the expert, champion), but the Xbox never gave me the points towards my global gamerscore. When I contacted Microsoft Support, they said that I "may not have triggered" a spot in the game where it's supposed to give it to you.

Has anybody else had this problem?

Oh i should add each time this problem occurred, I was playing offline while I 'earned' the achievement, and when I connected, it never updated my gamerscore online, and thats when i noticed it.

Shinobi273
03-19-2009, 10:23 PM
Did you recover your profile from Live at any time between the two times you played online?

SXY S14
03-19-2009, 10:37 PM
yes. i had my bro's xbox, and no live account, then got my own xbox, and bought live, so recovered mine.

Almighty Tubsta
03-19-2009, 10:39 PM
You will most likely have to start a new game, not definite though. Sucks about the single save file, so I feel bad for ya if you have to start again.

SXY S14
03-19-2009, 10:41 PM
yeah. im glad its only 1000 and not higher, but yeah, i dont have much interest in playing this game much after i beat it, so i dont care if my progress is for nothing.

SXY S14
03-08-2010, 06:43 AM
Just wanted to follow-up, and hope someone can help. Finished all the achievements on my first play-through, and am looking for someone to sell me a cheap, fast car for me to more easily complete the challenges, instead of play through as normal. I have a Saleen S7 TT, Stage 3, so if so, I could either 'loan' it to you until I restart, or just give it to you, and you sell me some other B or A class car. Thanks

Stronghammer338
05-07-2010, 04:56 AM
I don't have a glitched achievement, but i do have a similar problem: i GOT the achievement for buy/selling a car in TRADE. but on the game's achievement tracking screen, its still grayed out. i wonder if it'll keep me from getting 100% completion?

Nevander
04-14-2012, 01:52 AM
This is sort of relevant, sorry to bump this thread (like two years old) but it makes sense. Basically, my achievements for buying cars are out of order. The achievement for owning four different cars is before two different cars.

I used to play this game a while back but stopped after this happened, now it's at the bottom of my list. I was playing offline and got the achievement for two cars. Bought a third, then had saved my game and left it.

Later I had to recover my GT for something (I had gone to a friend's house I think, this was years ago) and I hadn't signed back in since, so the achievement was gone. However, I still had the three car save. Didn't think about it and instead loaded it up and went to buy another car and there it was, four cars owned before two. I had signed in before I started playing this time so there was no going back after I had it, I then realized that I had f**ked up.

After this happened I was turned off from the game.