PDA

View Full Version : Demo!

moshr666
03-20-2009, 11:24 AM
According to major nelson. Demo now available from the marketplace

VeNGeD
03-20-2009, 11:26 AM
I just checked the marketplace, it's available for download now.

NTA RazmaGT
03-20-2009, 01:47 PM
...and its good! Interface alot better than i exprected. Also, dunno if its just me, but it feels like the HO and PO feels like GH3?!

good ol boy366
03-20-2009, 05:06 PM
...and its good! Interface alot better than i exprected. Also, dunno if its just me, but it feels like the HO and PO feels like GH3?!

i don't know about the hopos being like gh3...maybe a little bit looser, but nothing really noticeable that i could tell.

did anyone notice the star cut-off meter and how it seems to move on its own, even when no notes are being played? you can see it in stone cold crazy and at the beginning of sad but true...it's weird, i guess neversoft worked up some other way to calculate it...

Lord Chabelo
03-20-2009, 05:33 PM
So for those that have played the demo, what can you do; drums, guitar, vocals, all instruments. How many songs can you play?

TriRock
03-20-2009, 06:53 PM
Aargh! It takes so long to download... :(

Inyaface13
03-20-2009, 06:55 PM
Hope you can use the controller.

good ol boy366
03-20-2009, 07:49 PM
So for those that have played the demo, what can you do; drums, guitar, vocals, all instruments. How many songs can you play?

all of them! :woop:

Hope you can use the controller.

i haven't tried, but according to the word on scorehero, you cannot.

KFZ Scrubs
03-20-2009, 07:58 PM
i haven't tried, but according to the word on scorehero, you cannot.
OH what... really?
Lame

impmeister
03-20-2009, 08:01 PM
I dont understand why anyone would want to play with a controller lol its not fun at all. I have a question does it have the purple slider sections during fast solos?

Poisonheadcrab
03-20-2009, 08:39 PM
I dont understand why anyone would want to play with a controller lol its not fun at all. I have a question does it have the purple slider sections during fast solos?

Yes, but your purple has been changed to Black...

Stufin135
03-20-2009, 09:10 PM
did anyone notice the star cut-off meter and how it seems to move on its own, even when no notes are being played? you can see it in stone cold crazy and at the beginning of sad but true...it's weird, i guess neversoft worked up some other way to calculate it...
I think it might be because star rating has always been figured out by an average multiplyer not by score (score can just leave a good indication becaus eyou have to get near a certain multiplyer to get that score ;)

Rogue Batleth
03-20-2009, 09:10 PM
its downloading as i speak but i cant wait

TriRock
03-20-2009, 10:13 PM
Played all songs on guitar, and I'm more than happy! A pity I'll have to wait until March for the full game!

Rooster425
03-20-2009, 10:25 PM
So glad they finally released a demo. It's a good way to tease me just enough to want next Sunday even more.
Five starred all of them on expert guitar already, and FC'd No Excuse. My impressions:
No Excuses is mostly three note chords, RYB and GRB, and reminiscent of Cherub Rock from GH3. It's a pretty easy chart, save for a sliding section trill of Greens and Yellows that will trip you up if you don't expect them.
Sad But True is very basic, it's an easy chart, as you'd expect from a later Metallica song, and is very nondescript overall.
Seek and Destroy is the hardest in the demo, by far. Still not the hardest to come, but a decent challenge.
Stone Cold Crazy was surprisingly difficult. I haven't heard the song in years, but I don't remember it being quite as heavy as it was. A good chart, though.
In terms of vocals, it's luckily much more like Rock Band than WT was. It's more phrase-oriented, and you get feedback about how well you do, instead of singing and wondering how well you did.

Tenacious
03-21-2009, 02:24 AM
I FC'ed Sad But True and No Excuse on my sightreads.. still a very fun demo though, can't wait for the 29th

Pootcrum
03-21-2009, 02:29 AM
Arrgh has anyone had the "disc is unreadable" issue with this demo? That was a long wait for something that doesnt work! Im gonna go redownload and see what happens.

KFZ Scrubs
03-21-2009, 01:21 PM
Fun for some, not fun for others. I think it's fun to use it

good ol boy366
03-21-2009, 01:48 PM
I think it might be because star rating has always been figured out by an average multiplyer not by score (score can just leave a good indication becaus eyou have to get near a certain multiplyer to get that score ;)

that's true...i don't know, is rb's like that? i haven't ever really sat there and stared at it before. lol.

TA Sasuke
03-22-2009, 02:04 AM
The Metallica songs are so fun, on guitar AND bass!

fragerfox
03-22-2009, 03:24 AM
If any one has the Lips microphones they do work for vocals.

Defcizion
03-22-2009, 07:56 AM
Only beef I really have is you can't go to the options to fix synchronization, damn HDMI cables

KingSigy
03-23-2009, 07:44 AM
Only beef I really have is you can't go to the options to fix synchronization, damn HDMI cables

You actually can. Start up a song, pause and then go to options. It's stupid how they situated it in the demo, but for some reason my VGA enabled monitor had 0 lag. I think they finally nailed down the HD aspect of the games.

Contrah
03-23-2009, 07:51 AM
Whoo!
Downloading it now!

Crowleyman
03-24-2009, 08:39 PM
Niiiice! Downloading now! Can't wait for the 29th!