PDA

View Full Version : Patch for MLB 2k9 Announced.

Gohan Reborn
03-20-2009, 01:11 PM
I'm sure some people here were dissapointed. I've known for a few days about this, seeing it on the 2k site firsthand. However after I realized not everyone here on x360a goes there, just decided to show you what was posted. This is from a 2k Admin.

Hey all,
To confirm what many of you have suspected by my other postings, we are going to have a second update be released in the coming weeks and a first one on PC that will encompass the day one update that was released on the consoles. There is no set date (we will make every effort to get it up pre-Opening day but let me confirm that when I can) but I hope to have a better idea of when that will be late next week. The patch will address many issues, but most notably the AI batting aggression and the ease of home runs in online mode and certain difficulties. Those are the only ones I can confirm at this time. Thanks to those who posted in the Patch Fix List, I will be closing that list now. Please let me know if you have questions about the patch and I will do my best to answer them.

Denny Crane
03-20-2009, 01:20 PM
thats it? i know there may be more fixes than that, but that is all that is confirmed... 65% of this game is broken. 2k is the biggest pile of dogshit ive seen.

edit: although ill will say a homerun fix is a biggie for me, im not optomistic seeing as how they have had 3 games to fix this and its been the same every year.

she haunts me
03-20-2009, 01:31 PM
No patch in the world can fix this piece of shit game. It is the worst baseball game I've ever played.

Gohan Reborn
03-20-2009, 05:48 PM
An update about patch #2 - Posted 6 hours before this post.

Hey all from the cold United Kingdom,
I wanted to give you more details about Patch 2 as they have been passed to me. The patch is almost ready for submission as the final tweaks are being made. From there, it must go through the proper approvals which puts it a minimum of two weeks out. But I did want to share JUST A FEW (read NOT ALL) of the things it will address:

AI Agressiveness
Home Run Totals
Fly balls in the outfield tweaked so ghastly fielding errors will be a thing of the past
1st baseman stepping off bag has been tweaked
Issues with the pitch overlay hud
Fixed pickoffs, especially to 2nd base
Roster issues as it pertains to subsituting pitchers and bench

There is more news to come, but wanted to share at least these fixes with you. Thanks!

Ronnie

ProjectSix
03-20-2009, 10:06 PM
Hopefully they fix the fielding issues and not just 'tweak' them. Routine grounders to short being errors 75% of the time really sucks. Same with outfielders completely missing routine fly balls sometimes.

x TwiZtiD
03-21-2009, 12:47 AM
i wish theyd fix everything except the homeruns.. i have a blast getting so many haha

Gdelectric
03-21-2009, 01:39 AM
Was anything mentioned about fixing the problem with achievements not unlocking?

Midnight Malice
03-21-2009, 01:01 PM
Lets hope these do fix my problems, cause right now I cringe at having to play this game... I rented, but it is one of the easier 1000's to come out lately, and would like to finish it then forget about it. 2k8 was better, how could so many things get past the testers? They probably had no athletes testing it, is my opinion. Prolly Final Fantasy or WoW players...

Gohan Reborn
03-23-2009, 02:11 PM
Just to help out some people.

First off according to many people if you use the right analog stick to throw instead of the buttons for base-throwing, the errors will occur less frequently, especially the 1st baseman glitch. I just can't stop using the buttons -_-

SilverSluggerMZ
03-23-2009, 06:32 PM
Was anything mentioned about fixing the problem with achievements not unlocking?

Other than Spread the Wealth achievement, what isn't unlocking? All my achievements unlock perfectly except Spread the Wealth.

Gohan Reborn
03-28-2009, 01:44 PM
Newest update from Ron. 23 Hours before this post.

Hi all,
I want to officially confirm that the patch has been submitted and is going under approvals as we speak. That still puts us at an approximate Opening Day release without any hitches. I am still in the UK but I am trying to get full notes on it and hope to have that ASAP.

Ronnie

Gohan Reborn
04-03-2009, 01:37 PM
Posted 1 day ago

A noticeable reduction in amount of fly balls missed by outfielders (both the target and slowing down before a fly ball is caught have been fixed).

Tuned overall slider values to get a better stand alone game, based on community suggestions

Turned down Home Runs, should see dramatic improvement in amount of home runs hit during game play.

AI aggressiveness tweaked – AI will take more balls

Throwing in the “Red” was way harder than the best “Green” spot so maximum strength lowered in the red

In-game crash resolved when not opening the Pitch Overlay hud and then bringing in another pitcher. Will resolve late inning crashes.

Added variety so that all fielders arm strength isn’t so similar. Now the better arm strength fielders will make a difference.

Fixed the bug that was causing the catcher to disappear when switched with a DH.

There was another bug fixed when substituting the catcher and the DH that would cause the umpire to throw the ball backwards.

Added more variety in pitching by making the gesture be a little harder to nail down “perfectly”

Fixed a bug where the base runner would JOG home (Sacrifice fly and ground balls)

Tweaked the issue where the 1st baseman’s foot would come off the bag too easily resulting in a lot of infield hits that should have been routine outs.

Pitchers will now walk off the mound after the 3rd strikeout in an inning.

Tuned numbers to fix the fact that pickoffs were too easy, especially at second base.

Increased the delivery speed of the animations from the stretch to improve throwing out the AI when they attempted to steal.

Pitcher rotation bug fixed where users in leagues would have their first bench player put in as their starting pitcher. They could adjust the starting pitcher but never get their bench player back to their line up. This would eventually lead to a crash.

The user was unable to send a trade when having nine pitchers or eleven hitters on their roster in a fantasy draft league online. That has been resolved

Online - Menu - The Winning/Losing Streak will now populate correctly when viewing the Card Battle Leader boards.

League settings changes now will take affect immediately.

Audio settings get reset when going online.

There are a lot of other things, including some franchise stuff, but they are more minor and countless. I am sure you'll come across them, but these are the major updates.

- Ronnie

KingClusk
04-03-2009, 07:08 PM
My game is worse since I got the updates. Every single time my SS fields the ball and throws it to first (its a perfect throw) my 1st Baseman seems to leave his foot off the bag or its like he thinks he has already caught it and the umpire called the batter out. My 3B, 2B, C, P don't have this problem, only when I use my SS.

It happens every single time I throw from SS to 1B. Anybody else having this problem? My first few games I played without connecting to XBOX Live so I didn't get the updates and I didn't have the problem, now I do after getting the updates. Seems like everytime Sport games come in with updates the game gets worse...

TOO Taeglin
04-04-2009, 12:13 AM
Any idea if they fixed the problem with baserunners STANDING on third getting called out?

Denny Crane
04-04-2009, 02:06 AM
My game is worse since I got the updates. Every single time my SS fields the ball and throws it to first (its a perfect throw) my 1st Baseman seems to leave his foot off the bag or its like he thinks he has already caught it and the umpire called the batter out. My 3B, 2B, C, P don't have this problem, only when I use my SS.

It happens every single time I throw from SS to 1B. Anybody else having this problem? My first few games I played without connecting to XBOX Live so I didn't get the updates and I didn't have the problem, now I do after getting the updates. Seems like everytime Sport games come in with updates the game gets worse...
did the patch alrdy come out, i thought it was gonna be opening day. i ask because im not poping that piece fo crap into my xbox unless i know a patch is alrdy available.

bigtoejam
04-04-2009, 02:40 AM
did the patch alrdy come out, i thought it was gonna be opening day. i ask because im not poping that piece fo crap into my xbox unless i know a patch is alrdy available.

from what I read it is supposed to be available this Sat morning

GMoney157
04-04-2009, 02:00 PM
They completely totally and uterly screwed up the pitching and for what reason they decided to do this I have no idea.

Du Werk
04-04-2009, 05:41 PM
WOW 2K, How about make sure the game fucking works before releasing it in the first place. Ive never seen one game need so many fixes shortly after release. And why the fuck are pitchers repetoir (sp?) changed? God this game is epic fail

Du Werk
04-04-2009, 05:44 PM
PS dickheads, outfield still isnt fixed

bigtoejam
04-04-2009, 05:52 PM
They completely totally and uterly screwed up the pitching and for what reason they decided to do this I have no idea.

yeah this is my only gripe as well. I try to throw a Curve or Slider down and away and they end up in the dirt or at the backstop. even when I get the motion, and effort down perfectly

NameTaken69
04-05-2009, 09:38 AM
That update was utter shiiiiiit. Fielding is even worse, barely ever can make a routine play, but the ridiculous over the top plays always seem to happen. Pitching went all to hell! It'll randomly just throw the ball the complete opposite way you intended. WTF!!

Glad I wasn't the only one to notice this..

Midnight Malice
04-05-2009, 02:01 PM
I haven't had the same problems with the patch, ever since the update I have dropped 1 fly ball, cause I dove for it, and have not had a single fielding error... but they totally nerfed the home run hitting. I am in inning 8 of a 3 inning game vs the AI and I have yet to hit a single homerun with nothing but power bats in my lineup. Seems like they tried to overcompensate for the HRs and made it almost impossible to hit one out. Before I could hit them out at will, now I can't even make solid contact with a fastball over the middle of the plate. Guess I have to clear my cache and play offline if I want to hit one out of the park.

O.k, I hit 1 laaate in the game with Hanley Ramirez... I have nobody on my team that can't hit HR's and I should have hit about 6 or 7. Not 1. Screw this game. Give me my 1000 then I'm getting rid of it.

KingClusk
04-06-2009, 09:42 PM
WOW 2K, How about make sure the game fucking works before releasing it in the first place. Ive never seen one game need so many fixes shortly after release. And why the fuck are pitchers repetoir (sp?) changed? God this game is epic fail

Yeah this is ridiculous. For me, it went from OF problems, then to 1B issues, now its BACK to OF issues.

I think they should hire people who know how to do their job cause clearly these people aren't getting it done.

Midnight Malice
04-06-2009, 10:42 PM
Well EA is making the game for 2010 they may be a devil company, but at least they make pretty good games.

bigtoejam
04-07-2009, 12:23 AM
Well EA is making the game for 2010 they may be a devil company, but at least they make pretty good games.

2k has the license till 2012. so unless MLB takes it away from 2K. EA isn't making a MLB game

JPetrillo
04-07-2009, 12:32 AM
I wouldnt want EA to make a 2k

Krynne
04-07-2009, 04:13 AM
This update actually created more problems than the game initially had. The one that irritates me the most and almost makes the game unplayable is when using the right stick to have an outfielder throw, the throw often goes to a base other than the one you want. For example, I'll move the right stick up to throw to second, but the outfielder will throw it home. It's completely random.

Thank goodness real baseball has begun. Go Braves! :)

Midnight Malice
04-07-2009, 05:28 AM
I wouldnt want EA to make a 2k

well.... that is about the best statement ever. :drunk

and to bigtoejam im not saying you are wrong, but where's your source?

All I've heard since I've been playing 2k9 is thank god EA is making next years, but I havn't been able to find anything anywhere.

Gohan Reborn
04-07-2009, 02:24 PM
As people have already noticed the update is up and running. I restarted everything, completly deleted all my sliders and franchise (I stupidly deleted my Profile which deleted all my trading cards -_-) but have not experienced a single issue with gameplay in that one game. Yes, the homeruns are just a bit less likely. I hit an off the wall double, and that was my farthest hit...if it's that big of a deal I'll just raise my sliders....simple.

The gestures are a little harder to perfect, and pitches sometimes go wayyyyyyy off where you tried to place them...but I liked the first game after the update.

bigtoejam
04-07-2009, 10:24 PM
well.... that is about the best statement ever. :drunk

and to bigtoejam im not saying you are wrong, but where's your source?

All I've heard since I've been playing 2k9 is thank god EA is making next years, but I havn't been able to find anything anywhere.

EA was and probably still is trying to buy out Take Two. so thats where people were getting the EA is making next years game.

Midnight Malice
04-07-2009, 11:01 PM
EA was and probably still is trying to buy out Take Two. so thats where people were getting the EA is making next years game.

Yeah that makes sense... With my franchise freezing issue, and still having outfielders randomly drop balls and not hitting homeruns on perfect contact with default sliders..... I won't be playing another MLB game til 2k losses the liscense. They are a big joke for letting this mess out.

They knew the game was crap when it went gold, and they knew they were going to have to patch it to be playable, but they released it anyway, and actually asked that people pay money for it.

MaGiiK MaN
04-08-2009, 01:57 AM
I like the new update. Yea I can't hit 8 homeruns in a game but it's not like that in reality either. I got 2 homeruns in my first online game(he got 1) when before there was at least 15 combined homeruns unless you only threw balls.

Pepperdog8
04-08-2009, 11:33 PM
There is just way to many problems with this game, there is just no way they will fix everything with one patch. They will miss most of the problems and prob just fix the useless muiltiplayer. I think im gonna either get a ps3 or just go back and play 2k8.

sports_guy212
04-09-2009, 11:40 PM
There is just way to many problems with this game, there is just no way they will fix everything with one patch. They will miss most of the problems and prob just fix the useless muiltiplayer. I think im gonna either get a ps3 or just go back and play 2k8.

I agree about 2k8 being better, sadly though that game wasn't even that great to begin with...2k9 just sucks terribly

Gohan Reborn
04-13-2009, 12:53 PM
As an avid baseball fan, I still say the game was worth my $60. (Post-Patch). While there are still a few more glitches and things to be fixed (I get the occasional errors that shouldn't happen, pitching shouldn't be as annoying etc.) It's still a fun game. I was pissed off at first..but I'm back in love

Elekid
04-14-2009, 05:42 PM
As an avid baseball fan, I still say the game was worth my $60. (Post-Patch). While there are still a few more glitches and things to be fixed (I get the occasional errors that shouldn't happen, pitching shouldn't be as annoying etc.) It's still a fun game. I was pissed off at first..but I'm back in love

I have to agree with you. I personally liked the game to begin with because I haven't played a baseball game in years, and now I like it even more with the updates. Last night I played my first game that contained no errors by either side. Yes I lost, but I'm glad it was not because my outfielder did not catch a routine fly ball. I blamed my pitcher. :P

Denny Crane
04-14-2009, 08:30 PM
what did thay fix? i hit atleast 5 homeruns in my first game ater the patch, a slight decrease from before, and they broke pitching. i still had horrible fielding errors occur. all i see is more problems. why do you people accept this trash?

Gohan Reborn
04-15-2009, 02:17 PM
Fixing the sliders is always an option assuming you're playing on Legend already and still hitting 5 homeruns.

The only problems I have with pitching is that curveballs are wacky now, and that sinkers don't produce ground balls as they should on a consistent basis.

Stop making your standards so high. It's a good baseball sim. Not as good as the show...but still.

GrandChamp129
04-16-2009, 02:26 AM
Yeah that makes sense... With my franchise freezing issue, and still having outfielders randomly drop balls and not hitting homeruns on perfect contact with default sliders..... I won't be playing another MLB game til 2k losses the liscense. They are a big joke for letting this mess out.

They knew the game was crap when it went gold, and they knew they were going to have to patch it to be playable, but they released it anyway, and actually asked that people pay money for it.

If your game is constantly freezing save it to your hard drive. I saved mine from day one and have had no problems.

Mike5540
04-16-2009, 06:37 AM
Fixing the sliders is always an option assuming you're playing on Legend already and still hitting 5 homeruns.

The only problems I have with pitching is that curveballs are wacky now, and that sinkers don't produce ground balls as they should on a consistent basis.

Stop making your standards so high. It's a good baseball sim. Not as good as the show...but still.

I'm not tryin to flame you here cause hey, you could be some stud baseball player somewhere in the minors for all I no but... Maybe your not in which case let me enlighten you, sinkers= ground balls is not true. sinkers might slightly improve your chances of getting ground balls because of the spin on the ball and it is very hard not to get on top of it when your hitting it. However, sinkers spin is easy to pick up in real life if your no the pitcher can throw one, and you stay down on the ball and actually hit more line drives off them than a fastball.

This is hard to explain if you dont play baseball and not nessicary at all but you said you were a baseball fan i think... maybe it was someone else.. so i thought you should understand about sinkers. If anyone who plays baseball in life, not xbox wishes to argue with me go ahead but this is my personal take on it playing baseball.

Pretty good game, cant decide yet which is better, 8 or 9 yet. I need to play more 9 before i decide. Stop hatin on a game people, its actually pretty good.

Gohan Reborn
04-16-2009, 01:11 PM
No, I'm not a minor league player...I'm a huge basball fan, who's been watching baseball religiously for the past...14 years? I know not all sinkers produce ground balls, but the majority of the time they do, if you keep the ball low in the strike zone. I would say more than 80% a sinker ball at the knees or lower should produce a ground ball. Not a fly ball to deep center like is usually the case for me in 2k9.

Mike5540
04-17-2009, 02:50 AM
No, I'm not a minor league player...I'm a huge basball fan, who's been watching baseball religiously for the past...14 years? I know not all sinkers produce ground balls, but the majority of the time they do, if you keep the ball low in the strike zone. I would say more than 80% a sinker ball at the knees or lower should produce a ground ball. Not a fly ball to deep center like is usually the case for me in 2k9.

hm. interesting thought... ever played against a good pitcher that throws one? Ever seen a good pitcher throw one to a good hitter? 80%, i dont agree with. And the fact that the ball is a fly out to deep center is actually fairly acurate. A sinker is either a ground ball i would personally say 50-60% of the time, and the other 40-50% almost half are long fly ball outs. The thing about a sinker is that because of the spin and movement of the ball its very hard to hit well, Long fly balls are not that uncommen either with a sinker ball pitcher because the batter is so focused on not hitting the top half of the ball for a ground out that most hitters get to far under it and fly out. I do, i dont think i have ever hit a homerun off a sinker, its usually a line drive or a deep fly ball...

Not that any of this matters, just sayin that the game is pretty acurate.

GrandChamp129
04-17-2009, 03:58 AM
[quote=Mike5540;1834715]hm. interesting thought... ever played against a good pitcher that throws one? Ever seen a good pitcher throw one to a good hitter? 80%, i dont agree with. And the fact that the ball is a fly out to deep center is actually fairly acurate. A sinker is either a ground ball i would personally say 50-60% of the time, and the other 40-50% almost half are long fly ball outs. The thing about a sinker is that because of the spin and movement of the ball its very hard to hit well, Long fly balls are not that uncommen either with a sinker ball pitcher because the batter is so focused on not hitting the top half of the ball for a ground out that most hitters get to far under it and fly out. I do, i dont think i have ever hit a homerun off a sinker, its usually a line drive or a deep fly ball...

I have have been playing and watching baseball since I was five years old and I agree that sinker balls produce ground balls at least 80% like he said just watch a Yankees game when Chien Ming Wang is pitching he has a great one. If the ball is sinking toward it's very hard to get underneath it.

Mike5540
04-18-2009, 03:56 AM
hm... all a matter of opion but ok. enough on this topic.

Jersey33
04-19-2009, 04:48 AM
yea Wang who just lost 22 to 4 tonight against the Indians...great example to use [quote=Mike5540;1834715]hm. interesting thought... ever played against a good pitcher that throws one? Ever seen a good pitcher throw one to a good hitter? 80%, i dont agree with. And the fact that the ball is a fly out to deep center is actually fairly acurate. A sinker is either a ground ball i would personally say 50-60% of the time, and the other 40-50% almost half are long fly ball outs. The thing about a sinker is that because of the spin and movement of the ball its very hard to hit well, Long fly balls are not that uncommen either with a sinker ball pitcher because the batter is so focused on not hitting the top half of the ball for a ground out that most hitters get to far under it and fly out. I do, i dont think i have ever hit a homerun off a sinker, its usually a line drive or a deep fly ball...

I have have been playing and watching baseball since I was five years old and I agree that sinker balls produce ground balls at least 80% like he said just watch a Yankees game when Chien Ming Wang is pitching he has a great one. If the ball is sinking toward it's very hard to get underneath it.

GrandChamp129
04-19-2009, 04:56 AM
yeah 1 learn how to quote you idiot you have two different quotes from 2 different users and 2 regardless of how many earned runs he gave up he still makes more money than you.

Denny Crane
04-19-2009, 06:09 AM
no matter what you say, if they make a patch to fix things that should not be broken to begin with and different things come back broken, they are obviously have a hard time w/ this game... my standards arent high, they just arent in the toilet. and maybe if this wasnt a $60 game at its launch id expect a worse game...