PDA

View Full Version : Ripping songs to the Xbox 360 HD

IIMF DoomII
03-21-2009, 03:58 AM
I am trying to get songs onto my xbox in order to play them in Lips but I can't find out how to do this.
I have tried my Ipod but it is a touch so it won't work, Now I am trying to use CD's but nothing comes up to say for me to rip it, does anyone know what I should do?

tnargus
04-20-2009, 04:14 AM
I'm still looking at getting Lips, so can't answer on the interface of it, but....

You can't rip CD's or transfer audio files onto the HDD as far as i know. I think for the purposes of this game, you need to stream them from your connected ipod, zune, etc or via a networked Media Centre PC (or Mac with 3rd Party software like I have).

BigChris8T4
04-20-2009, 10:28 AM
Now this is going on the UK version of the game but i assume that it is the same worldwide. From the Xbox dashboard you need to insert the music disc you wish to burn to your HD. It should start playing auctomatically and below the play options you should have the option to "Rip CD". Do this and once complete all the tracks you selected should be burned to your HD.

Right now to get those songs available on the game. Load the game up as normal and go to the "get music" section. From here you need to select the source as your HD. This should bring a list up of all tracks stored on your HD and give you the option to add them to free mode by clicking on them. Be warned though songs added this way or via an Ipod, Zune or equivilant will not have the lyrics or music video available and you will not be able to achieve any medals for these songs, you will only be able to achieve stars. Hope this helps.