PDA

View Full Version : Revamped Vocals?

Itsbrown4606
03-21-2009, 04:54 AM
What does this... ↓

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/screenshots/785/med_Guitar_Hero_Metallica_-__Frantic_.jpg

...mean? Has anyone played the demo on Vocals yet and deciphered what it meant? Also, can you do Expert+ in the demo for drums?

plzkthx.

Alucard0691
03-21-2009, 01:48 PM
What does exactly "what" mean? I can't see what youre looking for. But I can tell you that the Vocalssystem is different to GH:WT. There is no Percentage anymore. It only says "Awesome" or "Solid" in the Statistics.
The other question: I have Ions and Expert+ does not work in the demo for me.

good ol boy366
03-21-2009, 01:55 PM
in the pic i'm guessing you are referring to the rock meter...each instrument now has their own individual rock meter. the guitar, drums, and bass each have theirs situated to the left of the fret boards. however, the vocals are revamped in a fairly big way now because after each individual phrase there is a word that pops up that rates how you did on that phrase...a little more rb-ish.

and i'm not sure about the expert+ question, sorry.

zking918
03-22-2009, 04:06 PM
I have to agree and that the singing is much better handled in GH: Metallica then it was in World Tour. And for the Expert+ situation, I have the same issue because i simply wanted to see if I could handle double bass on one pedal on any of the songs, but I was made very =( to find out I couldn't try one of the key reasons i preordered the game.

KingSigy
03-23-2009, 07:39 AM
You're actually wrong about the rock meter thing. Each instrument had one in WT, but they just mapped them to a different place on the HUD. It certainly is more useful now, but it was there before. Now, if failing results in everything bombing again, this is an instant-fail just like WT.

Lucent Beam
03-29-2009, 07:31 PM
Revamped vocals alright....

Ok, so now, like Rock Band is announcing how well you did, as opposed to having to watch the color of the little explosion.

But what the f is with making it so that yellow breaks your streak??? Yellow didn't break your streak in GH:WT....!!!! So now it is like Rock Band where your streak is only when you get the highest rank (in this can Excellent)........ except the vocals are still seem pretty broken and annoying? So even if it's not marking your percent..... it still feels annoying. I'll go try a song that was in RB that I could 100% on expert vocals and see if it's just the new songs that I suck at that are annoying or if the mechanics as a whole are still annoying.

I haven't played GH:WT in a while... was there a patch that added this into GH:WT (announcing the rank & yellow breaks your streak)?

RINGO
03-29-2009, 09:47 PM
weird.... the idea sounds better that what it was in WT... but if it still breaks your streak if you don't get perfect every time that defeats the purpose.

Bl°°dwolf
03-30-2009, 12:24 AM
Revamped vocals alright....

Ok, so now, like Rock Band is announcing how well you did, as opposed to having to watch the color of the little explosion.

But what the f is with making it so that yellow breaks your streak??? Yellow didn't break your streak in GH:WT....!!!! So now it is like Rock Band where your streak is only when you get the highest rank (in this can Excellent)........ except the vocals are still seem pretty broken and annoying? So even if it's not marking your percent..... it still feels annoying. I'll go try a song that was in RB that I could 100% on expert vocals and see if it's just the new songs that I suck at that are annoying or if the mechanics as a whole are still annoying.

I haven't played GH:WT in a while... was there a patch that added this into GH:WT (announcing the rank & yellow breaks your streak)?

Exactly my thoughts when I played the demo (my rental of the full version should be here by Tuesday woot!)... The flatter parts of the vocals seem to be relatively easy (slightly easier than GHWT IMO, but could be that I know the songs better), but the really peaky parts seem to be just as horrid as GHWT. The fact that you have to "excellent" to keep streak is irritating as hell, since the vocals engine is extraordinarly difficult compared to RB's.

Lucent Beam
03-30-2009, 01:41 AM
Yeah, the problem is that it's "made easier" by removing the individual note percents & making the rating system more like RB's.... but the problem is that it's not any easier to get green/excellent!

EDIT:

but the problem is that it's not any easier to get green/excellent!

Apparently I was just sucking in single player... because just now in band quickplay, it did feel a lot easier... so? I'm confused? Maybe it has actually improved? Earlier though, I felt like the mechanics were still cruddy.... but in a band, I was doing awesome even on songs I didn't know [on Expert]. So now I'm confused..... input from other vocalists?

MuscularTea
03-30-2009, 11:40 AM
I haven't tried it yet since I'm just trying to play all of the songs on drums first, but I'll go through vocals right after. Hope it's better since I just gave up singing in WT since I never liked how it worked.

XxHamRxX
03-30-2009, 11:55 AM
Exactly my thoughts when I played the demo (my rental of the full version should be here by Tuesday woot!)

Where on earth do you live where you can hire a game that isn't out for over a month. Here in NZ, we either get it first when it is worldwide release (first to see the sunrise ftw:)) or like 2 weeks later when the companies remember about us

Bl°°dwolf
03-30-2009, 01:29 PM
Just outside of Philadelphia, PA. I got lucky on the timing of the last return of one of my Gamefly rentals. It got there on Saturday, which since there is no postal service on Sunday, they released their stock of GH:M for rentals.

Bl°°dwolf
03-31-2009, 11:03 AM
Got my copy in the mail yesterday which was a nice surprise.

After playing for an hour or so I can say the vocals have definitely been mildly improved. Where in GHWT a song I know really well I could only manage 90-95%, in GHM songs I know well, I am getting 95-99%.

MuscularTea
03-31-2009, 11:35 AM
Got my copy in the mail yesterday which was a nice surprise.

After playing for an hour or so I can say the vocals have definitely been mildly improved. Where in GHWT a song I know really well I could only manage 90-95%, in GHM songs I know well, I am getting 95-99%.
Still no 100%? But as long as it's improved.

Invader999
03-31-2009, 09:46 PM
You're actually wrong about the rock meter thing. Each instrument had one in WT, but they just mapped them to a different place on the HUD. It certainly is more useful now, but it was there before. Now, if failing results in everything bombing again, this is an instant-fail just like WT. What he means is those little icons with the instruments that change color depending on how good or bad you perform.

Bl°°dwolf
04-01-2009, 02:15 AM
Still no 100%? But as long as it's improved.

Finally manged to 100%, but it was on Alice in Chains.