PDA

View Full Version : N+ rant pt. 2

PoMoGub
03-21-2009, 02:09 PM
Ok let me first just say that I'm not someone who want to complain because this game is difficult and I can't beat it. I absolutely love this game and find it uniquely challenging and addicting. However it seems there are simply too many levels without much variety. The earlier levels and a few select later levels are innovative and insanely fun, but most seem very stale to me. There seems to be a general formula for most levels. There will either be a closed space with tons of criss-crossing electrodes or missile launchers with hard to scale walls. There's not a lot of originality. Not hard enough? Ok add irregular geometry to make it hard to dodge missles. Still not enough? Add bombs at all logical landing points. Don't get me wrong, I love dodging missles. It looks amazing when recorded and it's super fun but I'd have to say I'm a bit sick of them. The default manner of adding difficulty is to add missile launchers. How many times to you see the spinning laser? Once or twice? The machine gun? A little more often but still rare. OK this went way longer than I intended so I guess the point I'm getting at is I'd like some variety. I'm sick to death of missles. That is all.

CutmanMike
03-23-2009, 11:36 AM
I haven't come across a single level with a rotating laser yet (or the shield deflectors). Still stuck on hexacity :(

tHE gypsie KINg
03-23-2009, 04:52 PM
I mainly did the multiplayer boards with a friend. I found them to be quite varied. much more so (unfortunately) than the single player boards.