PDA

View Full Version : Any achievement/cards that you need- read this.

SilverSluggerMZ
03-21-2009, 08:21 PM
Okay. I have a solution to everyone's problems with achievements or cards. This is exactly what I did to get ALL 320 of my cards and a handfull of my achievements.

Get 4 of your buddies (or 3 guys from this forum) together, including yourself, and create a league online on XBOX LIVE. The settings don't matter when creating the league, just don't change them too much. Set the league to private so only 4 players can be in the league and make sure you send them a league invitation so they can accept it. Once you have created the league, be sure to select a team that you need cards for and set the schedule of games to atleast 10. Basically, you can do whatever you want from here. You can get cards, get all achievements with your other league members and raise up your stats. Now they don't count as ranked matches, but it will unlock ALL achievements and it will unlock ALL cards that you need if you select the desired team. It will cound towards your classic cards as well. This is exactly what I did and I now have 790 gamerscore, which is the highest possible, for this game.

Ryyann
03-22-2009, 07:13 PM
nicce this looks very helpful....wait so how do you create a league, like where do you start

erod550
03-23-2009, 07:23 AM
You can get the cards even faster just by playing Franchise mode. Start with a team, get all the cards on that team in a game or two (you have to play 20 anyway), then trade the guys you already have cards for for guys that you need. Edit the players if you want to make it even easier. Get the cards for those players in the next game, trade them for new guys, etc. etc. I'm only 7 games into my franchise and I already have 126 cards. I played 2 Play Now games and one online game just for cards before realizing I could be killing two birds with one stone.

The only thing that would be faster online is the strikeouts. But otherwise once you have all the cards for your team and the other 3 teams, you're playing a bunch of extra games for nothing but stats.

SilverSluggerMZ
03-23-2009, 06:26 PM
You can get the cards even faster just by playing Franchise mode. Start with a team, get all the cards on that team in a game or two (you have to play 20 anyway), then trade the guys you already have cards for for guys that you need. Edit the players if you want to make it even easier. Get the cards for those players in the next game, trade them for new guys, etc. etc. I'm only 7 games into my franchise and I already have 126 cards. I played 2 Play Now games and one online game just for cards before realizing I could be killing two birds with one stone.

The only thing that would be faster online is the strikeouts. But otherwise once you have all the cards for your team and the other 3 teams, you're playing a bunch of extra games for nothing but stats.

If you ask me, playing in a league with 4 friends would be a lot faster:

You won't have to change sliders.
You can go back and forth getting individual cards every single game.
You are GUARANTEED to get the cards, as opposed to not being guaranteed playing the AI.

To create a league, go to Xbox Live- Online Leagues- Create League

SpeakDoggYo
03-27-2009, 12:30 AM
Personally, I edited the rosters and played exhibition games to get the majority of my cards (Also editing the sliders for each player). It takes a little time to get the rosters set, but once you do you can pile on the cards in every game you play.

For example, put 12 batters on your team that you need cards for and max out their stats, as well as some relievers that you need cards for as you can pick up multiple reliever cards in a game. For the computer, fill a lineup with hitters that you need the cards for, as well as a bunch of starting pitchers. With their sliders knocked down to 0, you can rock the pitchers and the computer will continue to bring in new pitchers as you pick up cards along the way. This is much faster than trying to pitch 7 perfect innings with a starter.

By the end of a game you can pick up around 30 cards or so. After you pick up the cards you can rotate new players onto your team. You can also do it for the computer, but I recommend only changing the computer's pitchers, that way you dont have to change the stats for the hitters again.

Also, if you are using maxed out stats and playing the computer with each players sliders at 0, you will undoubtedly pick up a bunch of HR's, RBI's, and K's towards unlocking legends cards.

It may not be the fastest way of doing it, but I got all 320 cards doing it this way. Just one more method that you can use.

t00thgrinder
03-27-2009, 02:51 AM
Just want to check on somethin.. u have to be on Pro level or higher to get cards, i know that. If u edit gameplay sliders, itll change it to custom, right? But, u can still just edit their roster and that wont change it?

SpeakDoggYo
03-27-2009, 03:22 AM
Correct, you can edit individual stat sliders for players but not the main difficulty sliders.