PDA

View Full Version : Double Bass for Rock Band Drums?

MkMaster13
03-22-2009, 04:52 AM
will there be double bass for rock band drums? cuz i wana play expert+, but dont want to buy a whole new drum set.

prowlerdante
03-22-2009, 02:46 PM
I don't think it really matters which kit you use as long as you have two bass pedals and a y-splitter. When you connect them, the game (rock band or world tour) will recognize that you have one bass pedal but the other one can be used as well, since they are both connected to one headphone jack through the splitter.

But anyone else can correct me if I'm wrong.l

dm master
03-22-2009, 05:22 PM
well the way u use a double bass is like that on GH:WT kit. (same port with a splitter) So id assume u can do ecactly the same on RB kit

IWi11KickU
03-23-2009, 01:08 PM
well the way u use a double bass is like that on GH:WT kit. (same port with a splitter) So id assume u can do ecactly the same on RB kit

Nope. You can't just plug in a Y adapter and a second pedal for the RB kit. If you do that, they'll both work, but if one pedal is held down, the second pedal won't register a hit. You need a pedal that has an instantaneous switch (like the GH kit pedal), the RB pedals are a constant switch.

Omega pedal makes an adapter that will allow two RB pedals, and Harmonix just leaked last week that RB will soon be releasing an official double pedal.

Also, the maker of Destroyer pedals got a double destroyer working on Rock Band last weekend, but I don't know how problematic it's going to be to make it market-worthy. It took a lot of splicing and soldering and altering, so I don't know if he's going to put one up for sale or not.

Lord Chabelo
03-23-2009, 04:11 PM
Harmonix will also have a pedal and splitter kit coming out later on, here is the manual for it

http://www.postimage.org/image.php?v=gx1J0D09

anusmonger
03-25-2009, 12:21 AM
any word on when that rb double bass pedal is supposed to come out?

Your Madrigal
03-26-2009, 10:16 PM
I work at the local gamestop near me and we actually already carry that rock band bass drum pedal with the double bass adapter.

I tried it with just the normal Y splitter and it did not work with the RB2 drums. I may have to get that adapter as well.

Stunray
03-27-2009, 06:38 AM
Yeah, I already have this. I got it from gamestop about 2 weeks ago actually. It works perfectly for Rock Band 2 but I'm wondering how it will work with Metallica.

Jaster Mereel04
04-02-2009, 09:21 PM
Why wait, just go here and pay the $25 for the splitter that works.

http://omegapedal.com/twinrocker/index.html

ChaosGod87
04-02-2009, 10:57 PM
Yeah, I already have this. I got it from gamestop about 2 weeks ago actually. It works perfectly for Rock Band 2 but I'm wondering how it will work with Metallica.

It seems to work pretty good, I got it the other day and tried it out.