PDA

View Full Version : "Big In..." Achievements with Voxtar?

applepie774
03-23-2009, 02:54 AM
First of all, before I say anything, Voxtar means Vocals and Guitar. I was wondering if I can get the Big In achievements by playing by myself both on Easy Vocals and Guitar. I did see that to get certain venues you would have to get a whole bunch of fans. So what difficulty for both instruments do I also have to play on? And just one quick question, I can play the Hall of Fame Inductee gig on Easy Voxtar right?

TwistedFate
03-23-2009, 02:57 AM
You will have to play on at least Hard with both to play some gigs, and I don't think there is a single "Big In" you can get on easy. All require at least Medium, IIRC.

Nirumano
03-24-2009, 06:00 PM
You will have to play on at least Hard with both to play some gigs, and I don't think there is a single "Big In" you can get on easy. All require at least Medium, IIRC.

Yep, some gigs definately require hard or higher difficulty for all members.

IWi11KickU
03-25-2009, 01:04 PM
If you are already pretty good at Vox and Guitar it's not that hard to learn though. I play both on expert and just started doing Voxtar last week. I failed, badly, at first, but now I can do most lower tier songs on Xvoxtar, and harder ones on Xguitar Hvox. For random setlists I'm still doing Hvoxtar. I've got too much difficult DLC to go X on randoms.

applepie774
03-25-2009, 09:26 PM
Since this is how I got all of the Big Ins, I figure I'll chime in here.

First, I'm fairly sure that it will require at least Medium on all band members. Many will require Hard for the last set on the last venue in the city.

Second, instead of Guitar, I'd suggest Bass. Especially since you WILL have to play at higher difficulties if you plan to get everything. Bass is simpler than Guitar for pretty much every song on the RB1 disc at least. And there are very few chords to worry about.

Third, I see that you have both Virtuoso and Lord of the Strings. So you can clearly do Expert for both Guitar and Vocals. Why are you asking if you can be a wussy and play on easy? You shouldn't have TOO much problem starting off at Hard Bass + Medium Vocals, and getting used to that and pushing yourself up to Hard/Hard and then Expert/Hard, and finally Expert/Expert.

And if you plan on trying to get Platinum Artist this way, trust me, its deeply satisfying to know you did it yourself. Plenty of people have platinum, but few got it dual wielding. I viewed getting the Big Ins as practice for my solo platinum run. It takes a few weeks of moderate play to really get all the Big Ins, and over that time you can really push yourself to get better at it.

Anyways, good luck- I hope that advice helps.

Alright thanks. That did help me a little. It did give some hope that I could do Voxtar on higher difficulties. But the problem is that I can only 4 star songs on Easy Voxtar so I pretty much suck. It might be because I can only use my 360 Wireless Mic since I don't have a mic stand. Is there any other ways of holding the RB mic up? I'll try to practice and if I manage to get all the Big In achievements, I'll definitely do the EL by myself.

IWi11KickU
03-26-2009, 02:08 PM
Some ideas for mic stands:

If you're sitting while you play, the method smacd gave you is great. I stand when I play, so I use a similar design. Get a dowel, about 3-4 feet long. Duct tape the mike to one end. Take the drum heads off the stand, and slide the dowel into one of the legs. That way the highth is adjustable, just like the drum leg highth.

Another one that I saw on scorehero is a little silly, but actually works great. Get a milk jug or orange juice jug and cut the body off so that you are just left with the mouth and the handle. Turn it upside down and tie the handle around your neck. The mic should fit perfectly in the mouth of the jug, and be just at the right level to sing into. If you go with this route, you ARE required to post pictures.

Lympathia
03-28-2009, 06:14 AM
Some ideas for mic stands:

If you're sitting while you play, the method smacd gave you is great. I stand when I play, so I use a similar design. Get a dowel, about 3-4 feet long. Duct tape the mike to one end. Take the drum heads off the stand, and slide the dowel into one of the legs. That way the highth is adjustable, just like the drum leg highth.

Another one that I saw on scorehero is a little silly, but actually works great. Get a milk jug or orange juice jug and cut the body off so that you are just left with the mouth and the handle. Turn it upside down and tie the handle around your neck. The mic should fit perfectly in the mouth of the jug, and be just at the right level to sing into. If you go with this route, you ARE required to post pictures.
Dude, just buy a mic stand, there like $20 or less.

applepie774
03-28-2009, 02:26 PM
Some of us don't really want to use up our money just to buy a mic stand when we could just use things we don't normally use. i got my mic stand by taping my mic on top of a fan that I don't use. Anyways, I'm somewhat good at Voxtar now Expert Bass/Hard Vocals. I was planning to move up to Expert soon so I can get ready for the ES. I just want to beat the EL and get all the achievements for RB anyways/