PDA

View Full Version : Ask me a question about Resistance: Fall of Man (fanboys stay out)

FlyingAE86
11-29-2006, 02:53 AM
Title: Resistance: Fall of Man
Platform: PS3
Developer: Insomniac Games
Publisher: Sony Entertainment Central of America (sp?)

First of all, does this game have achievements?:confused:

Yes it does. They are called 'skill points.' Many of them revolve around Single Player. Medals are the achievements for Multiplayer. Each skill points will add up to unlock unlockables. Skill points vary in value. And before you call Insomniac Games a rip-off of Microsoft's achievements, they've done it in the second Ratchet and Clank, before the 360 came out.

How is the difficulty?

Easy- Don't let the name of the difficulty fool you. It wasn't that hard, but it wasn't 'Easy' either. Play this mode to get the feeling without getting frusturated.

Normal- Pretty much the same game as easy. But this time, new weapons are added and the game throws more enemies at you. While Easy mode that you can pretty much plow your way through, but Normal mode will force you to pace yourself, take it slower, and look for more stratgetic options.

Hard- This mode was a complete blast to play. Not only it adds even more enemies, and I mean that they changed the enemy spawn points and changed up the types of enemies encountered in certain areas, and the enemies' health are upgraded too.

Superhuman- Almost identical to Hard difficulty. Enemy spawn points, types, and numbers are all the same. Except that the AI is smarter now, much more accurate, inflict more damage, and have more health than before.

Where can I get a reliable review?

Reliable User Reviews:

AznFusion's Review
http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/ps3/review/R107645.html

IGN.com-9.1
http://ps3.ign.com/articles/745/745206p1.html

Gameinformer- 9.5 (tied with Gears of War for Game of the Month)
http://www.gameinformer.com/Games/Review/200612/R06.1113.1731.25750.htm

Gametrailers.com-9.0
http://www.gametrailers.com/gamepage.php?id=1686

Now ask a question (No fanboy/trolling questions) relating to this game.

MATTUMUZ
11-29-2006, 07:37 PM
What's your opinion on it? I notice that no where in you post YOU say what it's accturly like!

Thx
MATTUMUZ

Webb
11-29-2006, 07:41 PM
What about the graphics? I'm such a graphics junkie and was just wondering whether it looks awesome or just average...

Wreckon Dracgon
11-29-2006, 07:55 PM
It looks okay but IMO there is no more a wow factor than when you play GoW.

FlyingAE86
11-29-2006, 11:25 PM
What about the graphics? I'm such a graphics junkie and was just wondering whether it looks awesome or just average...

Graphics are good, but not Gears of War quality. It makes this up by having more enemies on-screen and having alot of allies and explosions that make it seem you are in a war.

It is awesome on both Single Player and Multiplayer. Mulitplayer, if you don't have crappy connection, will have no lag at all.

Mt opininon:
Awesome, stays up with Gears of Wars. It really immersises you into the game by the atmosphere. Replay value is high because of skill points and unlockable weapons. Difficulty is good. Orginal weapons (The Bullseye and Auger are my favorite,) Co-Op (But no online co-op, that might be in Resistance 2,) AI is smart, and no framerate drop at all no matter what. The cons is that you'll see that your allies are more of cannon fodder, spamming of Hybrids, and a kinda loose off story(there is going to be a Resistance 2.)

Multiplayer has medals (MP's achievements,) 60 ranks, huge levels, and *lag-free 20vs.20 player. This is where the game shines. One bad thing is that people don't talk, but that's because the system just launch, and headsets are availble. All for free too.

*= That is if you have decent connection.

Most likely, it is tied with Gears of Wars in my opinion, and is a killer-app. This is Sony's first good FPS.

MATTUMUZ: there's my opinion.

Webb
11-29-2006, 11:32 PM
Good to hear man. I am currently on "Should I, Shouldn't I" purchase PS3 turf. I have till March and beyond to decide as well, so this type of review first up is a positive :)

acurate bob
01-04-2007, 10:28 PM
Now i have played the PS3's biggest title, yes Resistance is supposed to kill HALO! But come on really, i know a lot about computers and the PS3 is no more a match to the XBOX360 as the Wii is. Now don't say that it dont look as bad as that because your right. Resistance does look good! It actually does, but it looks no better than what the XBOX360 can and already has suppassed.

What i'm saying is that Microsoft will NOT be gently brushed aside to let Sony bring out its big guns. Resistance IS the big gun, there last REAL big shot at stealling the market from XBOX360, and guess what!
Resistance: Its not all that great!

highpass
01-05-2007, 05:06 PM
Ah that's not quite true is it bob, Resistance is hardly their last big shot, merely the first of many imo; MGS4, the FF series, er, Lair, Heavenly Sword, and i'm sure there's heaps of others that could easily be termed big guns.

dnut24
01-05-2007, 06:50 PM
yea not sure how this is sony's big gun since its their 1st game. let alone to compete with halo? naw, i dont see that happening or heard such comments. if you're refering to halo2 yea, it blows that away, but not compared to what halo3 will be.

as far as the game, Flying AE pretty much sumed it up. i was amazed at playing a 40 person death match with no lag! there was non, straight carnage. pretty brutal and fun. and the point system was cool, had the halo 2 sytle of badges.

but yes the gritty realizm of Gears it doesnt have. although the landscapes are vast and look great. the weapons are nice and enemies get cooler as you go along as the weapons do. they have some real unique weapons all with secondary firing. i love the sniper rifle which slows things down, and the "hail storm" that shoots tons of pellets or you can throw a full clip like a grenade and it will shoot rounds in every direction. what about that gas grenade?? :eek: wow, never seen anything like that and the fire effects are unreal.