PDA

View Full Version : A Must buy, rent or pass ?

Ashmira
03-23-2009, 02:12 PM
Im totally not sure wheter i'd gotta buy this one, rent/lend it or just ignore?

I mean Metallica totally put me off after their 'going to the big bucks' change of direction after the Freddy Mercury tribute concert where i was constantly confronted by sudden non-rock metallica 'fans' only coz i had some metallica patches on my jeans rock jacket in those days, just because of that tribute but i like the old songs...

Second, i totally dont like the Online achievements in GH:WT as i dont bother to buy a Live Gold just for 1 game, and im sure there will be online achievements again, as leaderboard scores 'only' for Gold.... but i like the older metallica songs...

I also think paying full price for an updated songlist with almost no new things in it (wow, the band as characters wtf?) is a bit over the top, i personally feel a price at about 70% of full price would be sufficient as its not like a totally new engine and all as with other game expansions... but then again... i like the old metallica songs...

What do you guys think/feel about this one... i think i leave it for now and concentrate on the games i currently have and try to max out the achievements i can score without a gold membership first... then maybe if someone sells it for less then 60 euro's i might try it.... (although i saw it a t play asia for 42 euro's... but dont have experience with that site, and dont like to drop my creditcard on every website that offers something cheap)

SaCkaveli20
03-23-2009, 10:15 PM
Well if you like a challenge, this will be the game for you.
I'm a huge Metallica fan, so I pre-ordered my copy. I think it'll be one of the better Guitar Heroes released.

good ol boy366
03-24-2009, 03:51 AM
a must buy...and a keeper for me this time...with aerosmith i played it for a while, got my 1000 gs and got rid of it...i don't see myself parting with this game. it's gonna be one of the best plastic guitar games ever.

FonduYouLoveMe
03-24-2009, 04:11 AM
A must buy in my opinion. I love Metallica and this game will most likely be one of the better GH games to come out since GH3.

nightmare975
03-24-2009, 08:56 AM
If you love Metallica, buy it

If you like them sort of, rent it

If you hate Metallica, ignore it.

That's pretty much all there is to it.

Dr. twinkletits
03-24-2009, 09:05 AM
It's a must buy for all GH fans because these songs look waayyyyyy better than Aerosmiths, a lot better too from the demo.

nightmare975
03-24-2009, 04:34 PM
It's a must buy for all GH fans because these songs look waayyyyyy better than Aerosmiths, a lot better too from the demo.

Meh, I like Metallica, but I hate playing they're songs just because of their difficulty, that's what makes it a rent for me.

Bitis1078
03-24-2009, 10:38 PM
This is the best one by far. Even hard is working me over bad, and I can usually play through hard pretty well. I have had the game for a week now, and I am only 1/2 way through the hard career. Yeah, thats right I have the actual game. Found it at target last week.

Codypotamus
03-24-2009, 10:48 PM
If your a GH fan or a Metallica fan I think its a must buy, but if you just enjoy the games or the band a little than maybe just rent it. From what I've seen on the demo this game rocks though!