PDA

View Full Version : Rate and criticize my New York Mets fantasy team

Gohan Reborn
03-23-2009, 02:41 PM
I am a huge mets fan, but to add some spice to my franchise I've done a fantasy draft. I will not include the players that are not on my 25 man roster.

Rotation

Johan Satana
Roy Halladay
Roy Oswalt
Barry Zito (I still belive in him. Lol)
Mike Pelfrey

Relievers

JJ Putz
Houston Street
Billy Wagner
Chad Bradford
Darren Oliver

Lineup

1. SS - Jose Reyes
2. CF - Torii Hunter
3. LF - Pat Burrel
4. 1B - Carlos Delgado
5. RF - Rick Ankiel
6. 3B - Scott Rolen
7. C - Jason Varitek
8. 2B - Freddy Sanchez

Bench
SS - Omar Vizquel
RF - Endy Chavez
2B - Mark Grudzelanek
C - Paul Lo Duca
1B - Sean Casey

My team is currently 8-5. I was draft pick #5. I've done the following trades

I traded Ken Griffey Jr. to the braves for Chad Bradford and Darren Oliver.

Traded Brian Roberts, Duaner Sanchez and 3 Minor league AAA players (If I'm not mistaken Arthur Rhodes, Tom Gordon and another) for Jose Reyes.

Traded 2 minor leaguers and 1 Major leaguer (So Taguchi, Jason Isringhausen and Nick Punto) for Freddy Sanchez.

Traded Brian Bannister for Fernando Tatis. After 3 or 4 days he got injured for 100+ games =[

BladeMDP
03-23-2009, 03:25 PM
I am a huge mets fan, but to add some spice to my franchise I've done a fantasy draft. I will not include the players that are not on my 25 man roster.

Rotation

Johan Satana
Roy Halladay
Roy Oswalt
Barry Zito (I still belive in him. Lol)
Mike Pelfrey

Relievers

JJ Putz
Houston Street
Billy Wagner
Chad Bradford
Darren Oliver

Lineup

1. SS - Jose Reyes
2. CF - Torii Hunter
3. LF - Pat Burrel
4. 1B - Carlos Delgado
5. RF - Rick Ankiel
6. 3B - Scott Rolen
7. C - Jason Varitek
8. 2B - Freddy Sanchez

Bench
SS - Omar Vizquel
RF - Endy Chavez
2B - Mark Grudzelanek
C - Paul Lo Duca
1B - Sean Casey

My team is currently 8-5. I was draft pick #5. I've done the following trades

I traded Ken Griffey Jr. to the braves for Chad Bradford and Darren Oliver.

Traded Brian Roberts, Duaner Sanchez and 3 Minor league AAA players (If I'm not mistaken Arthur Rhodes, Tom Gordon and another) for Jose Reyes.

Traded 2 minor leaguers and 1 Major leaguer (So Taguchi, Jason Isringhausen and Nick Punto) for Freddy Sanchez.

Traded Brian Bannister for Fernando Tatis. After 3 or 4 days he got injured for 100+ games =[
Good team except I do have to call you out on that Barry Zito pick - thank goodness this is the video world! :) Defensively, you're great at catcher, but a little weak offensively. Just beware of that Mets "September collapse" LOL

Gohan Reborn
03-23-2009, 03:42 PM
I tried to make my team about people I like, not just getting the best players. I had to get Reyes at any cost because he's my favorite player.

Eh, Barry Zito has been decent. What a 4th starter should be. 1-1

At catcher I've always like Varitek. No real catcher out there I like besides him and Lo Duca. (Piazza :()

And don't remind me of the september collapses -_-

EOU Findub
03-23-2009, 06:58 PM
Isringhausen is a minor leaguer? I know he has been hurt in the past but didn't think he had sunk that far. Good trade by giving Griffey...while I love the guy, he is past his prime and you got good value for him.

I only question the trade for Jose Reyes (I know you like him...but seriously). Brian Roberts by himself is better than Reyes. The fact that you GAVE away Tom Gordon (who is really good) and Arthur Rhodes (flashes of goodness) is beyond me.

Oh yea, the bullpen is kind of weak. Putz needs to have a rebounding year after last years debacle of a season. Huston Street is also coming off a year where he lost the closer job. Better hope he has a better season or you will be blowing a lot of saves (Kind of like the REAL Mets....had to throw that in there. ;)) I kid, I kid. They should make the playoffs if not have a chance to win the WS this year. I have faith in Mets Nation.

Overall, good team but it has holes..just like any team would.

Gohan Reborn
03-23-2009, 08:04 PM
I have faith in the real Mets too this year. New stadium. Decent pitching even though we essentially dropped Pedro Martinez and we're picking up Livan Hernandez -_-

Much better bullpen...I have hope

Anyways back to my fantasy team. Trust me, it hurt giving up Brian Roberts, because he was doing good on my team, however I will not say Roberts is better than Reyes even putting my favoritism aside. I will agree I gave a bit much, but they wouldn't take it -_-. I don't like at all Tom Gordon, and eh...Arthur Rhodes...eh...

Comparing Roberts and Reyes

There averages were identical in 2008 just one point difference (In Reyes's favor)
Reyes has twice as many triples (19-8) and almost twice as many homeruns (16-9)
The only stats that Roberts has better is in walks (66-82, however Reyes makes it up in Hits 204-181) and Doubles (51-37). He's better in the RBI's, SB's and Runs. Also Brian Roberts struck out more times but Reyes was caught stealing 5 more times than Roberts. In terms of stats it does seem Reyes has quite the edge. More speed, and more pop in the bat. Also Reyes is 6 years younger, and if he continues on the pace he's going he can be in the 3000 hit club by his mid 30's.

Isringhausen was on my opening day lineup, was moved to make room earlier in the season. Nick Punto was platooning SS with Vizquel.

BigManRob215
03-23-2009, 10:55 PM
this looks like a good team....to choke and come in second to the PHILLIES!! 09 time to repeat!

qaaqaaww
03-26-2009, 05:55 AM
Sean Casey is retire... He joins the MLB Network now.

Gohan Reborn
03-28-2009, 01:47 PM
ugh. I might trade him then. I wanted a veteran there to backup the alreadt old Delgado. I wanted Jeff Kent, but chose not to because of his retirement. Wonder who I'll pick

Anyways I haven't played due to Street Fighter 4 and Resident Evil 5. Also because the game has been freezing on me :-X