View Full Version : DLC: Beneath The Ashes, Achievement Guide.
E vee dub
03-24-2009, 05:16 PM
Tomb Raider: Underworld – Beneath the Ashes sends Lara back to the remains of Croft Manor where she uncovers a massive series of never-before-seen caverns and age old crypts used to protect and hide a deadly source of power.
The pack contains six new costumes and delivers a gamer score boost of 125 achievement points.
[Available for 800 Microsoft Points in March of 2009.]
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/achievements/580/UP-eUm4=.jpg Beneath the Ashes -50 http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/site/gp-g.jpg
Complete the Beneath the Ashes Mission.
-In case you get stuck, check out THIS WEBSITE (http://www.tombraiderchronicles.com/underworld/beneath-the-ashes/walkthrough/level01.html) for a spoon-fed version of every jump and ledge.
-The shotgun is effective for large enemies up close. You can switch for other weapons in the PDA if you deplete ammo.
-If you die before a checkpoint chime, you do not have to recollect a treasure. Not true for medkits.
-You can save your game at any time. Manually save before turning off your console.
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/achievements/580/UPp8uZc=.jpg Master Collector -50 http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/site/gp-g.jpg
Find the Hidden Relic and all Treasures in Beneath the Ashes.
-Refer to THIS THREAD (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showpost.php?p=1743775&postcount=2) for a list in order of play through.
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/achievements/580/UPm9SLE=.jpg Collector -25 http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/site/gp-g.jpg
Find the Hidden Relic in Beneath the Ashes.
-See "Master Collector" above.
E vee dub
03-24-2009, 05:17 PM
TIPS & REMINDERS:
--Use the shotgun for large enemies up close. You can always switch for other weapons in the PDA.
--I've given locations, not directions (although some). I leave it to the player to enjoy solving their way to each treasure.
--Some of these rooms are large and the game makes you double back. So don't fret if you see a treasure before the list points it out.
--You do not have to recollect a treasure once you've picked it up and then die. Not true for medkits.
--You must save your game before turning off your console. You can save your game at any time.
Beneath the Ashes (1 Relic) (28 Treasures)
--Descriptions grouped together are in the same area/room.
1. At the start, turn on your light. Then turn around and kick the vase.
2. After the slo-mo bridge collapses and you grapple the ring, swing straight across to other side. It's in a vase to the right.
3. Looking at the bridge frame, climb the wall on the right and jump back to the frame. Balance walk to the surface on top of the frame. Credit to: Little Templar
4. After you crawl through the tunnel, there's a "right gate" and a "left gate". You can see it in the water in plain sight on the right.
5. A treasure is located on the ledge above the right gate.
6. You come to a room with a large water wheel on the left. Dive underwater and look behind the first pillar on the left.
7. As you climb up to the left of the large wheel, kick the vase on the ledge in front of a barred door.
8. As you swim through the underwater tunnel, take the first right up high.
9. After you come up for air, dive back down and look in the corner.
10. You'll come to a room with a pole in the middle. Climb up, perch on top and jump to the ledge with the vase.
11. In the next large room with a wet floor (this room will eventually have the spinning-blade columns and higher water level), perch atop another pole and jump to the wooden beam. Instead of wall jumping to the bar above, jump to the open door. Go left to a dead end and a vase is in plain sight when a spider attacks.
(Do not repel up to the ledge. Go through the door below it first.)
12. After you wall run to the door below a ledge (a ledge you'll later explore) you'll ascend some stairs. At the top of the stairs, turn around and check the corner for the vase.
13 & 14. Next you'll shimmy some ledges and see a pillar below. Jump and slide down the pillar to get these in the dead end area.
15 & 16. In the room with a large pillar in the middle with spiked rollers around it, you can find the two vases at the bottom. One is next to the pillar.
17. Shimmy around the pillar and jump to the available ledge that has two boards to pull together. A vase is in plain sight in the corner. Look across the room to see #18.
18. Back in the water wheel room, you have to jump across and grapple a ring. Wall run to the left under the stairs to grapple another ring. (You can actually jump back out and grapple this ring again after you pick up the treasure.)
19. Grab this in the corner once you jump from the spinning spiked column.
20. After you leave the room with the spinning pillar, you'll kill a thrall soldier and some bats. Swing to the small ledge on the right in plain sight. Now save your game!
21 & 22. Shimmy around and jump to the pillar and slide down to the bottom. These two are at opposite ends in vases. (If you shimmied and jumped to the next ledge, you can't get back to the pole, so reload the save.)
-You come to the dragon puzzle room.
23. Perch on the second pole, and instead of jumping to the wooden beam toward the middle of the room, jump to the other wooden beam. Navigate up to the ledge above that beam.
-Now solve the dragon puzzle to spin the columns with blades. (You can see treasure #27 next to the dragon statue before you move it.)
24. Jump in the water on the ladder side. Climb the wooden beam. Wall jump to the pole and perch. Jump out and grab the ring. Repel up and wall-run to the ledge. Kick the vase.
25. Now jump out and perch on the pole. Look down to the other side of the room and you can see the treasure on a ledge.
RELIC -Crawl through the tunnel below #25. You come to a room now filled with water. Climb out to one ledge then jump to the other. Here's some visual help (http://www.tombraiderchronicles.com/underworld/beneath-the-ashes/walkthrough/images/screens_level_bta_l.html). [Achievement "Collector"]
26. Back to the dragon statue. Repel down from the ring on the dragon statue and make your way to the first blade-spinning column. Jump from the column and grapple the ring. Then wall run left to the ledge.
27. Jump from the second blade-spinning column to the ledge.
28. Before you swing across to the fenced-in area, hang from the ring. Look right and you can see the treasure.
[Achievement "Master Collector"]
Now finish the stage.
[Achievement "Beneath the Ashes"]
Congratulations on completing the level.
No, there is no cut scene after the credits.
E vee dub
03-24-2009, 05:18 PM
In case I need more space.
E vee dub
03-17-2010, 10:17 PM
Hey mods, sticky this if you feel it's worthy.
vBulletin® v3.8.7 Beta 1, Copyright ©2000-2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.