PDA

View Full Version : Complete Career is WAY too easy

Crazy006
03-25-2009, 02:19 PM
OK, I got my copy of GH: M and noticed that once I completed about 35% of the songs (i think that was the %), and played the final song in the Ice stadium, I "completed" career mode.

Basically you can avoid all the hard songs and do all the songs on the 1st 3 tiers and get the complete career mode achievement. This makes the Expert career complete achievement a joke honestly.

At least their is the achievements for scoring big points on certain songs, as I did 2 runs through Enter Sandman and scored 320K with a 98% (bad path / even worse misses). This one shouldnt be a problem, but the Fight the Fire achievement for bass is going to be horrible....

imSabbath
03-25-2009, 07:18 PM
there is no "expert career" acheivement

Crazy006
03-25-2009, 07:43 PM
Metallica (75 points) - You completed an instrument career on Expert

patches4711
03-25-2009, 08:13 PM
So if I understand you can play a certain number of songs and then play in final pavillion and get career achieve?? If so that is kind of lame I am not real good at the GH games but I always enjoyed playing through them.

Crazy006
03-25-2009, 08:19 PM
Yup, you can play the 1st 3 tiers (which are equivilant to the 1st 3 tiers of GH3) and play the final song, which is a joke compared to other songs at the end of other GH games, and get the "Expert Career for an Instrument" achievement.

I want to say you have to play around 1/3 of the songs in the game if you can 5 star them, more if you can 3/4 star them.

surge1
03-25-2009, 08:27 PM
yeah, it is pretty easy.. so is the last song. almost FC'd it but the quick solo trills threw me off cause i didnt know that song :(

nightmare975
03-25-2009, 09:12 PM
This sounds interesting considering I just can't seem to beat a GH or RB game on Expert.

Might give this a shot now...

silentbob0
03-25-2009, 09:56 PM
I've heard that the last song is The Thing That Should Not Be - is that correct? If so it will be laughably easy. Oh well easy achievement FTW.

surge1
03-25-2009, 10:02 PM
I've heard that the last song is The Thing That Should Not Be - is that correct? If so it will be laughably easy. Oh well easy achievement FTW.

yeah, it is

NightListenerUK
03-25-2009, 11:13 PM
I was fortunate enough to be able to play through the whole career too myself today.

Basically it says for each setlist "6 more stars needed to unlock the next stage" - so you can 5 star one song and play another, or you can play a couple anyway.

The problem I have with people saying its easy is this:

Were on a forum where only the "good" or "experienced" guitar hero players visit - so ofcourse its going to be easy.... The developers aren't going to make the game suited so only the minority can complete it!

Saying that, It was easy but It was also DAMN fun - some of the other bands songs had some crazy long solo's (near the end of the game) which were great.

This game feels SOO much more polished over than world tour ever did - it really shows that they spent alot of time and effort getting it the way they wanted it. Its a great game but I don't think it will provide much challenge for guitar players.

Mustkill9
03-26-2009, 05:41 AM
Maybe they realized how wack some of these songs are- and they decided to spare us? :)

DubaiESP
03-26-2009, 11:46 AM
In this game, you'll need a number of stars to pass it to another gig. In the other games, you have to passed 4 o 5 songs or 3 of 5 songs.
I pass the game with around 10 songs in 5* in Expert. You got the 10 first songs in 5* and more or less you have passed the career.

Actually I got all songs in expert 5* with guitar.

Mak2402
03-26-2009, 11:47 AM
It is very easy to get the expert achievement. You only have to play the last song on expert and the achievement will pop up. So you can beat all songs on easy till you get the last venue and then switch to expert.
I`ve done the whole one on Bass hard, after completing I wanted to play the last song on expert and got the achievement.

Zak777
03-27-2009, 06:43 AM
It merely depends on skill in my opinion, the better you are the easier it will be, I read people fretting over how ridiculously hard it is to get the Enlightened Guitarist achievement and the Guitar Hero achievement from Guitar Hero 3, but when I played through on expert I 5 starred every song on my first try and only had to play 3 more songs to get 20 FCs. But that doesn't make them easy.

Cissnei
03-27-2009, 08:32 AM
You only have to play the last song on expert and the achievement will pop up. So you can beat all songs on easy till you get the last venue and then switch to expert.

I didn't think this would really work, but it does. I played through bass career on medium and changed for The Thing That Should Not Be to expert and I unlocked Metallica.

It's ridiculous how easy this song is on expert bass. Normally I can't really complete songs on expert but I did this one on my first try with 98%.

Just a guess: There will be a patch soon, this can't be intended.

TRAV1STYx
03-28-2009, 02:24 AM
honestly guys if you are complaining about the achievements being easy you are surely retarded, so be it if the achievement is easy, the games songs surely are not, Fight fire with fire, war ensemble are easily some of the harder songs i've played in any music games, i mean your either good enough to get the achievement without exploiting it (so go back and try and perfect your scores), or your a nub (in which case u shouldnt really be complaining) i five starred all the songs not a problem on expert guitar, and can honestly say the soundtrack is the best i have encountered (of course subject to opinion)
the layout, the engine, everything about this game is great, and if u really want a challenge go get the scores on creeping death and fight fire with fire,
it took me a -8 note run on creeping death to get that score, that is where the challenge is....

rockhopper
03-28-2009, 11:33 AM
Awesome! It looks like I will be getting my first expert career achievement in a Guitar Hero game. I play hard/expert guitar or expert bass. I try to beat expert bass career and it's always a song or two that keeps me from doing it. World Tour had B.Y.O.B that kept me from beating expert.

The last song in this game doesn't have a ton of open lines with random notes mixed in between like B.Y.O.B does it?

wwwdotloldotcom
03-28-2009, 03:48 PM
Yah the Expert career achievement isn't tough, but any of the 80's Metallica songs in the last setlist (ignoring the Ice palace one) are blistering fast and challenging.

d2x_caleb
03-30-2009, 12:42 AM
Having grinded my way through GH 2, GH 3, GH:A to get all of the achievements, I am happy to see that the career works this way. I hate GH:A now. I will probably finish GH:M before I finish GHWT. I'm not upset about that at all though.

MuscularTea
03-30-2009, 12:06 PM
I noticed it when I was playing yesterday as well... just isn't as fun since it's not as challenging, but oh well...

Tenacious
03-30-2009, 12:14 PM
Oh well. Those 30 point score achievements are the achievements that will keep people from completing the game this time around I guess.

The Enter Sandman one is really easy but I'm having trouble with the Creeping Death one.

Hoffer
03-30-2009, 12:44 PM
I'm fine with the short career. Reason being is that I want to do it for all 4 instruments and I don't want to play every song 4 times. I've done guitar and have started on bass. All I'm doing is playing songs on bass I didn't on guitar. Once I get done with all 4, I'll go back and just play songs I enjoy for fun. I find some of the non-Metallica songs great like War Ensemble. Some of the songs, once is all I need to play it.

MuscularTea
03-30-2009, 01:16 PM
I'm fine with the short career. Reason being is that I want to do it for all 4 instruments and I don't want to play every song 4 times. I've done guitar and have started on bass. All I'm doing is playing songs on bass I didn't on guitar. Once I get done with all 4, I'll go back and just play songs I enjoy for fun. I find some of the non-Metallica songs great like War Ensemble. Some of the songs, once is all I need to play it.

Like "Turn the page" by Bob Seger or whatever and the new version of "Am I evil?", I just don't like them...
I'll play SOAD and time it's there or any great Metallica classic.

Dex
03-30-2009, 09:08 PM
Like "Turn the page" by Bob Seger or whatever and the new version of "Am I evil?", I just don't like them...
New version? You do realize that both of those songs are the originals, and Metallica did covers of them later in their career, right?

Bl°°dwolf
03-30-2009, 09:13 PM
New version? You do realize that both of those songs are the originals, and Metallica did covers of them later in their career, right?

If you had to ask, then the answer is probably no.