PDA

View Full Version : Beating Roll-ing Rampage 3 and Conveyor Contraption 3 Minigames

Bolooen
03-25-2009, 05:47 PM
These are the last two minigames to 1000. I can't even come close to beating either one. Does anyone have any secrets or tips to conquering them? Here is my main trouble:

Roll-ing Rampage 3: Around every 6-7 tries, I finally can make it to the rolls that spin in a circle and go up and down. i'm having a terrible time though judging where and when to jump. I am constantly jumping way off. I've only made it to the second spinner once. I'd like to wait and watch to see how they move to plan the jumps, but the time is so short, I have to keep moving without looking ahead well.

Conveyor Contraption 3: I need to collect 20 stars. The max I can get is 3 so far. Many times, in order to jump high enough to make it over the obstacle, I seem to miss the stars. Also, right in the beginning is three sets of silver spike things that you need to jump over. The third one seems too long though. I have never been able to jump over it. I always hit it right at the end and immediately fail. How do you jump over it? 30 times now, and no luck.

Anyone have any tips?

For a "family" game, this game is horribly unforgiving with this stuff. I wonder if they planned that the biggest family affect may be teaching your kids how to swear and throw the controller in anger. Hehe

kornloud5
04-11-2009, 05:36 PM
no offense but almost everyone gets this in about 5 tries, i beat them both with no problem. Its just for the stars, u got to sprint a lot and jump way before the star because its moving foward so that gives u some speed ahead when u jump. Also pay attetion to your shadow on both mini games. that should be the best i think. Give it a go.

Bolooen
04-14-2009, 01:52 PM
Well, my hats off to all of you for getting it so easy. Wow. After taking a break, I got roll-ing rampage 3 after another 30 or so tries and conveyor contraption 3 after about 35 or so tries. I finally got my 1000/1000.

Andrealinia
05-02-2009, 09:45 PM
I have to say I'm finding the Conveyor Contraption 3 really hard. It's the only thing I have left to do! Sometimes I can make that really long jump and other times I can't. I wish I knew why I can do it sometimes so I can figure out what I'm doing to make it so that I can make it more often!

Bolooen
05-02-2009, 10:45 PM
I finally figured it out I think. For the long jump over the silver spikes, if you push forward on your controller too soon, you hit the spikes. You need to jump first, then when near top of jump push forward and do second jump. Hope that helps.

GODNOAHME
05-30-2009, 06:08 PM
I had the same trouble with CC 3...I found I was trying to double jump by pressing A twice when in fact after springing I would only press it once and go much further. It helps to hit the spring boards square in the middle. That being said, I don't know why I can't finish. I get to the end with 20-21 stars with 4-6 seconds left but I get stuck on a high platform and it appears that its the end as there is no way to jump forward yet the mini game does not end and I get "Try Again". It seems glitchy or else I am doing something wrong???

Bolooen
05-30-2009, 10:21 PM
If I remember correctly, you have to reach an oven at the end of the conveyor. When I first saw it, I panicked thinking I'd never make it to the top. I missed the top of the oven and landed on the conveyor and ran up to the stove, winning the minigame. So, you don't need to land on it, just get to it (unless I was bugged).

DutchHooligan
06-15-2009, 10:06 PM
i hate these levels

Dstrukt
06-16-2009, 04:24 PM
They really aren't that bad once you run through most of it figuring out the layouts and timing needed.

DutchHooligan
06-16-2009, 10:18 PM
edit edit: YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH
after a total of about 4 hours of gruwling horror, near controller smashing moments, game flying out of house syndrome i finnally got it :)

edit:....... stars one done..... after 2 hours of training... grrrr
1 left to do..

They really aren't that bad once you run through most of it figuring out the layouts and timing needed.

I am stuck on both conveyor levels... i keep getting like 80% done and then either double jump fails or i land too hard on the conveyor belt and cant get up in time...
gggggrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

tips?

Raviolicaponi
10-04-2009, 01:10 PM
Its nice to see that I'm not the only one having problems with some of the mini games. I haven't done any conveyer mini games yet but I am stuck on Roll-ing Rampage 3. I just made like 50 attempts and can only reach the grey looking roll things and can't make it past the 2nd row. I was getting so frusterated I bit my highlighter marker in half and cut my gums. I'm so frusterated with the game I just want to quit. Gonna take a break and try it again later.

Bolooen
10-04-2009, 02:57 PM
Taking a break is a good idea. Thats what i did. I gave it about a month, then came back fresh and finally managed to get it, although it still took a bunch more tries. Don't give up, you'll get it when you least expect it.

MaElena
06-03-2010, 12:17 AM
I hope breaks help... I've taken a break of over a year. I'm ready to finish up this game. I honestly thought I was the only one having problems with these two mini-games. Wish me luck :)

Bolooen
06-03-2010, 12:22 AM
Taking a break helped me. Otherwise you get so frustrated that you can't think straight. Good luck. You can do it!!

MaElena
06-03-2010, 02:59 AM
I guess taking a break helped me too!! haha I got it!! It took me about an hour to finish both mini-games but I got it! I couldn't believe it...hehehe... I'm glad I finally completed this game.

Bolooen
06-03-2010, 12:18 PM
Woot! Congrats!

MaElena
06-03-2010, 02:59 PM
Thanks! :woop:

BlackIrish4094
07-02-2010, 04:00 PM
You guys have inspired me, I've been stuck on these last mini-games for a while and had pretty much given up on them. I'm gonna go back this long weekend (after a month break from it) and try and finish them off. If at first you don't succeed...

LH Cerberus
09-07-2010, 07:01 PM
these stupid minigames are totally ridiculous.