PDA

View Full Version : I have this game!

Doominatorx6
03-26-2009, 03:08 AM
That's right, I do have it (check my gamercard for proof) and if anyone wants to know somethings about it, or are just impatient for the 29th just post here!

Expected Questions (and answers)
Q: How did you get GH: Metallica early?
A: A tip from a friend that a local, smaller gamestore got it in, and was selling it. Most stores do get games about a week in advance, but don't sell them until the release date.

Q: How is Expert +?
A: Beats me. My rock band drums are still busted and I have no working pedals. Looks to be interesting however.

Q: Anything really changed since GH:WT?
A: Other than it being Metallica, not really. More refined I would say, like GH: Aerosmith compared to GH3

Tailz
03-26-2009, 03:20 AM
That's right, I do have it (check my gamercard for proof) and if anyone wants to know somethings about it, or are just impatient for the 29th just post here!

Expected Questions (and answers)
Q: How did you get GH: Metallica early?
A: A tip from a friend that a local, smaller gamestore got it in, and was selling it. Most stores do get games about a week in advance, but don't sell them until the release date.

Q: How is Expert +?
A: Beats me. My rock band drums are still busted and I have no working pedals. Looks to be interesting however.

Q: Anything really changed since GH:WT?
A: Other than it being Metallica, not really. More refined I would say, like GH: Aerosmith compared to GH3

So basically the game sucks and is nothing different except its Metallica instead of Aerosmith? SO it sucks then?

Itsbrown4606
03-26-2009, 03:34 AM
So basically the game sucks and is nothing different except its Metallica instead of Aerosmith? SO it sucks then?

I think what he is saying is that Aerosmith is to GH3 as GH:M is to GH:WT.

Draw your own conclusions from that statement but don't knock it until you play it.

NightListenerUK
03-26-2009, 09:26 AM
Well I too have the game but my opinion is certainly different to you're s.

It CERTAINLY is not guitar hero aerosmith gone metallica - and its nothing like world tour either.

I wouldn't listen to the thread starters opinion :p

Sottle
03-26-2009, 11:59 AM
This the best Guitar Hero since Guitar Hero 2, and i don't even like Metallica.

Doominatorx6
03-27-2009, 01:41 AM
Well I too have the game but my opinion is certainly different to you're s.

It CERTAINLY is not guitar hero aerosmith gone metallica - and its nothing like world tour either.

I wouldn't listen to the thread starters opinion :p

It's a little hard to explain. Aerosmith felt a lot like GH3, but was not exactly the same. Metallica is the same feel as GH:WT but again not exactly the same.

Not to mention I never said this was like Aerosmith. I initially thought it MIGHT be, but it's really not at all.

peterk
03-27-2009, 01:53 AM
Got it yesterday at a Target store in Montclair, CA. I'm liking the game quite a bit but... yep, it's a hand killer. Big shock, I know.

Frozenghost001
03-27-2009, 02:25 AM
I had someone on my friends list who has almost 1,000 on this game. He had it for at least 2 weeks now. Asked him how he got it, never told me how. He just said he got it from a friend of his.

surge1
03-27-2009, 05:47 AM
you know what sucks about this game? you cant do a band career online. the person has to be in the room playing next to you

SILENT HAV0C
03-27-2009, 05:53 AM
Congrats and have fun.

Cissnei
03-27-2009, 08:51 AM
This the best Guitar Hero since Guitar Hero 2, and i don't even like Metallica.

Actually I would say it's the best Guitar Hero ever released. Great cover band, lots of great songs, WT engine(really the only thing I liked about WT), vocals that DO work, full online support, pretty easy achievements (could be good or bad I guess). I'm looking forward to DLC :woop:

GTukC
03-27-2009, 10:15 AM
That's right, I do have it (check my gamercard for proof)

I'll make sure to nominate you for the Victoria Cross for this simply outstanding lifetime achievement you have gained.

Dude incase you haven't realised, it's really not that hard to get hold of games before release dates, and most people probably don't care that you have the game early.

And finally, I'll make my own assumotions of the game when I play it, peoples opinions vary so differently on these boards that I tend to just keep them to myself and only listen to my own.

nimets
03-27-2009, 10:18 AM
i got the game same as you . the small game store by me doesnt care about the release date. they sell everything as soon as they get them. i love it. i got a couple of friends who got it the same way. all of are in NYC but got them in different places. i got a spot in queens, ny. if people wanna know where it is, send me a private message. not tying to blow up the spot. i also have 870 gamerscore in it. will be 1000 before the game is even released.

JVodka
03-27-2009, 08:36 PM
I had someone on my friends list who has almost 1,000 on this game. He had it for at least 2 weeks now. Asked him how he got it, never told me how. He just said he got it from a friend of his.

games do leak online...that's how someone on my friends list got it that early.

she haunts me
03-27-2009, 08:41 PM
Yeah, this game has been available for download online for about a week or so. Don't remember the exact date it pre'd. So OP, it is nothing special that you have this game already.

DakidJose
03-27-2009, 09:35 PM
There's no need to brag about getting the game early to our fellow forum members. Just play the game. This game is a lot of fun though, and is way better that GH:WT IMO.