PDA

View Full Version : How to change opponent's starting pitcher?

qaaqaaww
03-26-2009, 06:11 AM
I mean, when you play the game of "PLAY BALL" mode, your AI opponent always use their top starting pitcher (Like if my AI opponent is Giants, it always Tim Lincecum), any idea can choose my opponent's starting pitcher?

Tailz
03-26-2009, 05:19 PM
I mean, when you play the game of "PLAY BALL" mode, your AI opponent always use their top starting pitcher (Like if my AI opponent is Giants, it always Tim Lincecum), any idea can choose my opponent's starting pitcher?

Trade say Sabathia or Lincecum for Zach Grienke or whoever

qaaqaaww
03-27-2009, 05:15 AM
??????????????
What is your point?
I mean how to switch opponent's starting pitcher when you in Play Ball mode, not trade!!

erod550
03-27-2009, 06:07 AM
His point is that you can't. So you go into the roster and trade their #1 for someone else, and that should get you matched up against the pitcher you're trying to face. Otherwise, just go into franchise and trade the pitchers you want to face to a team in your division, and just sim until you come to a game where you are matched up against them.

Midnight Malice
03-31-2009, 12:01 AM
In play ball mode, you go into rosters and then down to pitching rotation from the main menu. Select the team you are playing against and switch the pitcher you want to face to #1. In franchise you can only do this if you turn "edit AI rosters" on in the franchise settings before you actually start the franchise. Turn AI trading off, and force trades on and you have total control of every roster including trades between 2 AI controlled teams. You can adjust player sliders with this option on as well. It makes the franchise achievements much easier... since you can play 20 games and sim til the end, then trade for players who have reached the achievement mark... even easier is to do a fantasy draft with the budget off and turn on first 25 picks. this allows you to pick 25 players (a full MLB team) one right after the other before the computer even gets a chance to pick, basically giving you an uber lineup without the need to trade back and forth between 20 different teams.

macreco
04-06-2009, 10:31 PM
How stupid. Why should i change my roster just play with a diff. pitcher. THIS GAME IS UGH!!!!

Midnight Malice
04-06-2009, 10:37 PM
What u talking about? You have to change rosters in all games if you want a different player... quit complaining about something so small.