PDA

View Full Version : ADMIN: virus linked to ad banner. info here.

ApochWeiss
03-27-2009, 04:53 AM
Since the ad that asks what you see in the image (young woman btw) my anti-virus has gone haywire on this site. I JUST now cared enough to look since it started going off on EVERY page I visit outside certain forum pages. I was greeted with this information: I included the link below incase anyone needs it, but I broke it up with spaces so that nobody will click it on accident and then get infected. I know I probably would.

HTML/Infected WebPage.Gen HTML script virus:
cdn4.sp eci ficcl ick.n e t /img /?ag =1&p b = 142437 561 9&pg =66

Wasn't 100% sure who to go to with this, or where to go, but that's what comes up on my anti-virus software, and it only comes up with that banner. So, just a heads up.

rifleman1007
03-27-2009, 05:08 AM
yea ive been gettin that recently too

Chronus
03-27-2009, 05:33 AM
Ya, My Avira keeps going off. Its Very Annoying. :(

Impulse
03-27-2009, 05:46 AM
Since the ad that asks what you see in the image (young woman btw) my anti-virus has gone haywire on this site. I JUST now cared enough to look since it started going off on EVERY page I visit outside certain forum pages. I was greeted with this information: I included the link below incase anyone needs it, but I broke it up with spaces so that nobody will click it on accident and then get infected. I know I probably would.

HTML/Infected WebPage.Gen HTML script virus:
cdn4.sp eci ficcl ick.n e t /img /?ag =1&p b = 142437 561 9&pg =66

Wasn't 100% sure who to go to with this, or where to go, but that's what comes up on my anti-virus software, and it only comes up with that banner. So, just a heads up.

PM an admin, posting it here though is good enough.. I don't get any problems with it myself..

SILENT HAV0C
03-27-2009, 05:50 AM
Haven't seen this but my avast should pick it up. Thanks for the heads up.

Jappe XBA
03-27-2009, 06:09 AM
I also got Avats and it has no problems with this site, which is propably because I have Adblock add-on installed to Firefox that blocks all the ads. Thanks for the heads-up though!:)

Webb
03-27-2009, 03:29 PM
I'll look in to it.

Chances are it's just the Anti-Virus picking up a rollover or something, but nevertheless, I'll get right on it.

thelatestmodel
03-30-2009, 06:05 PM
I have Avast and I've been getting it a lot too. Avast stops it but it's still a little unnerving.

Webb
03-30-2009, 06:18 PM
If someone could take a screenshot of the ad when they see it next, it would make it a ton easier to pin point it. Thanks :)

kaleido42
04-02-2009, 01:05 PM
:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

kind of an old post so i am guessing (or at least hoping) that it has been resolved but it would kind of be nice if someone could inform us for sure

Jappe XBA
04-02-2009, 01:10 PM
:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

kind of an old post so i am guessing (or at least hoping) that it has been resolved but it would kind of be nice if someone could inform us for sure

Yeah the last post before yours is 3 days back, so it is reaaally old thread lol.
I guess Minty will tell us when it is solved out, right? :p

Webb
04-03-2009, 05:57 PM
If someone could take a screenshot of the ad when they see it next, it would make it a ton easier to pin point it. Thanks :)

Well, we can't find anything that would bring up that message, so I'll rebump my previous message cause if we have a source, then we can focus on that then. Cheers.

RoutineX
04-03-2009, 10:51 PM
After some googling, it seems like there is a site traffic counter that reports a false positive:
http://forum.avira.com/wbb/index.php?page=Thread&postID=760709&highlight=sitemeter

The last post from a moderator dated Apr. 1 mentions it will not be a problem with avira anymore when the next virus database is released. Not sure when other anti virus applications will follow though. I'll look into removing the counter until it's sorted.