PDA

View Full Version : A way to get achievements to unlock (FINALLY)

nmg82
03-27-2009, 01:20 PM
Ok, so last night I managed to find a way to get my yahtzee achievements to unlock. Apparantly, something gets corrupted in the game save for your profile. I say corrupted, or glitched, something is causing the achievement to not unlock. Well, I happen to have a memory unit, so in the interest of not losing my progress on all the other games this is the process I took to finally get those achievements to unlock:

1. Move the game save over to a Memory Unit:
-Insert your Memory Unit into your Xbox 360 console.
-Follow the following menu sequence to get to the memory
settings: (My Xbox -> My Settings -> Memory -> Hard Drive).
-Select 'Family Game Night' and then go down to the game
save with your gamertag on it. Press A, and the select Move.
-The gamesave should be off your Xbox 360 Hard Drive and
on the Memory Unit at this point.

2. Remove the Memory Unit from Xbox 360.

3. Start up Family Game Night and go in with a blank slate. Let it start
a new save for you on your hard drive.

4. I was able to start unlocking the achievements right away that
wouldn't unlock on my original save. I did have to
complete the requirements again though, they didn't just pop up
(Roll 3 yahtzees, roll a small straight, etc...). The only yahtzee achievement I have left is Dice Time (play for over an hour). I'm assuming it will unlock on the new gamesave, if it doesn't, then I'll rinse and repeat the above steps.

A couple of things to keep in mind before doing this:

1. You will lose all your progress, but you will have your original save on your Memory Unit. So if it's just one game giving you trouble, then you can finish that up and reload your original save.

2. If you only have one storage method (you only have the hard drive or only have the memory unit), then the only way to try this is to delete your gamesave, which will cause you to lose all your progress, and unlocked in-game items. This will not affect your currently unlocked achievements in any way, so don't worry that all of the sudden the
achievements you have unlocked are going to dissapear from your gamercard. I would suggest finishing up all the other games that you can unlock achievements on before deleting and starting with the game thats giving you trouble. If you are having trouble in more than one game then it may just be worth it to you to go ahead and delete the save and start over from scratch.

3. The one downside to this is that you will eventually have to replay the entire game and redo all the achievements if you would like to have all of the in-game trophies and room items on your save. But lets face it, this isn't the hardest game to get achievements on provided they actually unlock so it shouldn't take you too long. At least you will have all the achievements. I hope this helps some people having trouble. I know it's a pain to have to lose your progress/delete/move saves, but it was frustrating me to the point that I was going to try anything. Like I said earlier, if you are having problems in multiple games, then you may have to repeat the process a couple times. I don't know what causes this to happen...oh yes I do. It's an EA game isn't it? What more should we expect?

Good luck all, post up any other suggestions here, or if this works/doesn't work for you, etc...

-nmg82

Dragon's Heart
04-04-2009, 01:33 PM
Will have to try this, can't get ach for Powerchip collector or the play 5 words with flaming letters one...have played both games like a million times over and they still won't pop...I was playin with two controllers 4 the powerchip one and it gave the ach to player 2 but not me, played over and over and over and know for a fact that I should have gotten it too, but still nothing, even tried deleting the other acct and playing again and still nothing...:mad:

matthewaburns
04-04-2009, 03:22 PM
Will have to try this, can't get ach for Powerchip collector or the play 5 words with flaming letters one...have played both games like a million times over and they still won't pop...I was playin with two controllers 4 the powerchip one and it gave the ach to player 2 but not me, played over and over and over and know for a fact that I should have gotten it too, but still nothing, even tried deleting the other acct and playing again and still nothing...:mad:

Are you sure they were on fire and not smoldering. You have to see a flame not just a orange glow. Just a thought as that was my problem.

nipper66
04-04-2009, 05:00 PM
were do i find scrabble coz on mine i can only play battleships , connect 4 and yahtzee. and i have to wait for boogle , sorry and sory sliders.

Dragon's Heart
04-05-2009, 12:23 AM
Are you sure they were on fire and not smoldering. You have to see a flame not just a orange glow. Just a thought as that was my problem.

Yeah, I played it over and over again, playing like 2 letter words, and no ach...I did try the whole moving my save to memory card and starting over and both achs that I was having problems with popped on the 1st game I played of each...

Dragon's Heart
04-05-2009, 12:27 AM
were do i find scrabble coz on mine i can only play battleships , connect 4 and yahtzee. and i have to wait for boogle , sorry and sory sliders.

What's your location? It says Scrabble is only available in North America...

smitts
04-05-2009, 12:51 AM
You are my new bestfriend nmg82. Great idea on moving your save to the memory card.

NHLMetalhead
04-06-2009, 05:42 AM
For me, the best to still get them to unlock, because they never can do it on their own, is just hitting the guide button after every game. Whether or not I know I got any, by hitting the guide button and then hitting it again to get back into the game seems to unlock the achievements every time for me.

Unfortunately, moments ago, I forgot to hit the guide button so it looks like I'd be trying this MU method. Thanx for this ;) Will give it a shot

nmg82
04-07-2009, 02:19 PM
You are my new bestfriend nmg82. Great idea on moving your save to the memory card.

No problem. I was able to finish up all the currently available achievements with this method. Hope it works for you and everyone else as good as it did for me.

nmg82
04-14-2009, 06:21 PM
anybody else finding success with this method?

YourTaxDollars
04-15-2009, 05:17 PM
I have no memory card for xbox 360 but haven't played the game very long - only 2 games but I would have gotten 5 or 6 achievements!
Can I just delete the saved game off my hard drive without needing to save the current one to another memory device?

nmg82
04-16-2009, 02:12 AM
I have no memory card for xbox 360 but haven't played the game very long - only 2 games but I would have gotten 5 or 6 achievements!
Can I just delete the saved game off my hard drive without needing to save the current one to another memory device?

Absolutely. The only reason you would need a memory unit is if you wanted to keep all of your unlocked items and trophies. This is mainly for people that have put a lot of time into the game and don't want to delete their progress. If you have no memory unit or don't care about the other unlocked items and want your achievements, then go ahead and delete the gamesave and start a new one and see if you have success then.

After deleting my old gamesave and starting a new one, I was able to finish all the available achievements for the currently released games in Family Game Night. I don't have a clue why they won't unlock, but a new gamesave seems to do the trick. Good luck...

YourTaxDollars
04-16-2009, 02:22 PM
Yep I did this and it worked out perfectly and got 3 achievements in the first game. Thanks for the advice!

JoeCool7835
04-19-2009, 04:23 PM
I did discover something else that could be done. It can only be done if you just got the room item in question. The best way to explain is with a personal example.

I had just gotten three Yahtzee's in one game. I got the in-room reward for it, but the "High Roller" Achievement didn't unlock. So what I did was IMMEDIATELY hit the Guide button and go to the Achievement blade. I looked up the full Achievement list there. I hit the Guide button again, and the Achievement unlocked. It didn't help for two Achievements I was gypped out of a while back ("Dice Time" and "Power Chip Collector"), but it helped on the immediate ones.

helta_skelta
04-23-2009, 12:02 AM
my sister was playing it and she got the ground floor apartment and real small achievement i got the furniture and nothing poped up any specific way to do these

Dsella
04-25-2009, 02:23 PM
Thanks a bunch I needed my Battleship achievements.

nmg82
04-27-2009, 01:35 PM
my sister was playing it and she got the ground floor apartment and real small achievement i got the furniture and nothing poped up any specific way to do these

Just use the method I posted at the beginning of the thread. I was using 2 accounts, the other one would get the achievement, but not mine. I used this method to get them all. It works, try it.

ConcreteSnake
04-29-2009, 07:57 PM
I just downloaded sorry from the market place and played my first game by the end i had no achieves unlocked but it gave me room items for several. I won the game but got no achievement?:confused: i go and look at my trophies and room items because sometimes after i viewed them the achievement would unlock but nothing happened. so from the in game menu i go to downloads under the trophies and bring up the downloads for this game. I have a check next to sorry but i decide to re-download it anyways....as soon as it was done they all popped up 5 for 75g:woop:. Perhaps it wants you to download them from in the game as opposed to the marketplace on the dashboard. I know the maw was glitched like this and if you re-downloaded it through the game it worked. So here is an alternative method especially if you cant get any to unlock.

nmg82
04-30-2009, 04:36 PM
I just downloaded sorry from the market place and played my first game by the end i had no achieves unlocked but it gave me room items for several. I won the game but got no achievement?:confused: i go and look at my trophies and room items because sometimes after i viewed them the achievement would unlock but nothing happened. so from the in game menu i go to downloads under the trophies and bring up the downloads for this game. I have a check next to sorry but i decide to re-download it anyways....as soon as it was done they all popped up 5 for 75g:woop:. Perhaps it wants you to download them from in the game as opposed to the marketplace on the dashboard. I know the maw was glitched like this and if you re-downloaded it through the game it worked. So here is an alternative method especially if you cant get any to unlock.

I haven't tried this method, and I haven't bought sorry yet either, but this actually sounds like a possibility. It may work, well it obviously worked for you so then it should work for a lot of other people too. It just seems like the problems with achievements in this game are all so inconsistent, but this might be a method to try as well. If this doesn't work, then delete the game save and try again. Thanks for the tip!

TXClark
04-30-2009, 07:15 PM
The last one I needed "I am not Sorry at all" didn't unlock when it should have (over 10 tries). I ended up clearing cache, unplugging from Live and played another game. 'POP' it came up afterwards.

xcrimsonlegendx
05-30-2009, 10:09 AM
I'm having this problem too, trying to use the memory card method now.
Do you actually have to do the achievement again? I'm assuming so.

12ozkrue
09-16-2009, 04:44 AM
is there anyway to fix this without have a memory card? i cant get a couple of them on Sorry Sliders =/