PDA

View Full Version : Any XBLA games similar to DOOM?

Motorexskygtr32
03-27-2009, 04:42 PM
I picked this game, DOOM last night and gotta say I enjoyed it a lot. Will probably get 200/200 in no time.

The reason why I bought it is because my friend wanted to play co-op with me so its awesome but found out that you cant able to unlock achievements if you play co-op through the game which it suck.

Anyways...I was curious if there any XBLA games similar to DOOM?

VeNGeD
03-27-2009, 04:46 PM
Duke Nukem 3D and Marathon, both old shooters which are very similar. I would recommend both if you enjoy DOOM.

The full 200 in DOOM isn't that easy, Ultra Violent mode can be really annoying at some parts.

EDIT: Here is a trailer for Duke Nukem 3D

YouTube - Official Duke Nukem 3D Xbox LIVE Arcade Trailer

Motorexskygtr32
03-27-2009, 05:02 PM
Oh...I take it back about 200/200. Lol...Duke Nukem 3D...I will give it a look.

vmu
04-08-2009, 06:51 PM
marathon also, dont forget that though its a lot harder than duke and doom

Bringerofpwnage
04-08-2009, 09:32 PM
As others have said ,Duke Nukem and Marathon Durandal.

Pheonix_Assassin
07-14-2009, 12:24 PM
Marathon has extra DLC if im right =]

Silentoblivion1
08-06-2009, 02:07 PM
duke nukem is one of best old school fps i played. i was going to get it but only got 500points left so itll be another day i guess. it much bigger than doom as well.

wolfenstein is very similar to doom but its alot worse. i remember on pc there was a wolfenstein style level on it. dont know whether someone created it or whether it was in the game because the version i had had 32 levels not 30 and one was wolfenstein based and other had bart simpson in lol

Admiral Axtell
08-13-2009, 06:08 AM
Wolfenstein. but like said above, compared to Doom a lot of people think its not that great, I have never played it.

jgahagan
08-13-2009, 10:57 PM
Wolfenstein 3D is only really worth a look if you're an old school gamer or if you really are into the whole old school shoot em' up scene. I'd recommend it, but I grew up playing it.

brucegray666
08-16-2009, 12:16 AM
No Wolfenstein 3D love? For shame, for shame?

PiLL E PoPnzZ925
10-29-2009, 05:20 AM
duke nukem and wolfenstein

EnemyOfYours
11-30-2009, 07:22 AM
Wolfenstein 3-D is decent...just don't expect a WWII version of DOOM. Its much less powerful, as it preceded DOOM, but its a classic, nonetheless.

Dysitis
12-11-2009, 01:20 AM
Wolfenstein is trash. It's less of an fps and more of a first person maze navigator. If you love getting lost in video games then this is the game for you! Also, the enemies damage you far too quickly. You have to constantly save and reload because if you don't get the first shot, your health plummets faster than you can say worthless game.

Marathon is much better than Wolfenstein, but I still don't like it. It's more an issue of taste though. Unlike Wolfenstein, it's actually a quality game.

Duke Nukem is a must have if you like Doom.

Motorexskygtr32
01-12-2010, 09:15 PM
Wolfenstein is trash. It's less of an fps and more of a first person maze navigator. If you love getting lost in video games then this is the game for you! Also, the enemies damage you far too quickly. You have to constantly save and reload because if you don't get the first shot, your health plummets faster than you can say worthless game.

Marathon is much better than Wolfenstein, but I still don't like it. It's more an issue of taste though. Unlike Wolfenstein, it's actually a quality game.

Duke Nukem is a must have if you like Doom.

I bought the original Wolfenstein back in June '09...never bother to pick up and play again..it is worse than DOOM, really like the concept but you pretty much said everything that covered myself.

I stick with Duke Nuke 'Em, though.

Major Tom 98
08-11-2013, 07:40 PM
I bought the original Wolfenstein back in June '09...never bother to pick up and play again..it is worse than DOOM, really like the concept but you pretty much said everything that covered myself.

I stick with Duke Nuke 'Em, though.

Wolfenstein 3D is quite good, and fairly easy for 200 Gamerscore, if you know what you're doing. I'm not a retro gamer (although I do have a taste for retro games) and I recommend Wolfenstein 3D.

Kunduz
08-11-2013, 07:47 PM
Wolfenstein 3D is quite good, and fairly easy for 200 Gamerscore, if you know what you're doing. I'm not a retro gamer (although I do have a taste for retro games) and I recommend Wolfenstein 3D.Nah nah nah nah Necrothread!

Jet1337
08-12-2013, 04:57 AM
I normally don't post in old topics, but I have to have my say in here.

If you like games like Doom and Duke Nukem 3D, then you should definitely get a fucking computer and see what you've been missing the past 20 years. Here's a SMALL list of games like Doom:

-Rise of the Triad
-Quake
-Hexen
-Heretic
-Redneck Rampage
-Shadow Warrior
-Disruptor
-Pathways into Darkness
-Marathon

Almost all of these games have sequels, expansions, and more mods than your dad could ever produce kids in his whole lifetime.