PDA

View Full Version : A little Explanation?

KillTheft_Echo
03-27-2009, 07:26 PM
I, personally, feel it a bit degrading to spend hours upon hours, working hard on an achievement/strategy guide for any game, only to have it rejected for no apparent reason. Leaving you with a guide, which more then likely your satisfied with, and have no idea how to fix it. I feel that it would benefit everyone who submits any kind of guide, to have a feedback system. Maybe a PM, maybe something completely new. Just something so that the Person who reads it can at least tell the person how to improve it.

I, myself, requested a 5 page guide, (13,500 letters) be added to the Gears 2 forum a while back. It was a sort of "Startegy Guide" that would help people get various multiplayer achievements, and just an overall guide on how the games work. I sent it in, and never got a response. :/

The Pants Party
03-27-2009, 07:32 PM
We don't post "strategy" guides anywhere on the main site, so if you put it in the submit forum that was the wrong place for it. If you posted it on the forum and it got good feedback from members and was very helpful, it would most likely get a sticky though.

KillTheft_Echo
03-27-2009, 07:58 PM
Ahh. I see. How about the idea overall. Not nessecarlily for my case, but just in general.
Thanks for clearing that up though :D

Oh, but what if the guide i made was too long, almost double the maximum amount? Just shorten it you say?

The Pants Party
03-27-2009, 08:37 PM
Just use multiple posts if you're making a long guide on the forums. Almost every achievement guide runs a few posts long.

But yeah, we'll only be using the achievement guides on the main site. Many contain links to "strategy" or "collectible" guides like you're describing, but those stay on the forums.