PDA

View Full Version : Can you get the Elimination achievement in House Rules

Matt Jo
03-28-2009, 03:52 PM
I was playing under House Rules but I had the game type to Elimination, I have won 10 games but no achievement, can you not get it like this?

slmmzy
03-29-2009, 05:16 AM
I think you need to actually eliminate every opponent instead of just winning the game. They need to have their three strikes or whatever.

eviltb
03-29-2009, 08:04 AM
Yes you can. You can do any of the cheevs under House Rules. The best thing to do is set the game type you want (Elimination) and the speed (Fast), then turn the scoring off. Then just be really clever and knock out your opponents in Elimination. Some useful hints include, reducing the amount of starting cards down to 4, not playing "runs" ie, the same colour cards all at once. The idea is NOT to get rid of your hand, you need to make your opponents skip their go and therefore get a strike. So playing clever like changing the discard pile colour are key. The command cards are less useful to you in this mode, as you dont want your opponents to neccessarily skip a go. On the flipside, if an opponent plays a command card on you, that saves you from getting a strike yourself. Once all 3 opponents have a strike then you win. Its all about strategy, so play smart not fast ;)

Jedi Kayben
03-29-2009, 05:03 PM
Yep i did it under house rules in a 4 player local match set to fast. This way the other "players" got eliminated straight away every time and i got the elimination achievement at the same time as Party Time and Block Party.