PDA

View Full Version : Gamestop Drum Pedal

dxbrbnk
03-29-2009, 02:24 AM
I pre-ordered GH:M a couple weeks ago to get the extra pedal.

I have the RB2 drum kit, do you think that the GH pedal will work with the splitter? (included w/ pre-order) I plan on using the Expert + mode.

If not, do you think I can modify it somehow to work like a RB pedal? (I have an extra RB pedal laying around)

Thanks

ImpuLse8818
03-29-2009, 03:57 AM
i think they run of the same audio jack connection (same like those that connect your speakers to your PC) so in Theory they should work together

daz0128
03-29-2009, 05:34 AM
the plugs work but the footpedal isnt recognized when u plug in.... the rock band 2 drums...... little pist...

i plugged pedal all by itself and didnt work...

rianbattle
03-29-2009, 08:15 AM
did you try using both your rb bass pedals with the splitter?

Frozenghost001
03-29-2009, 12:57 PM
Are you serious! It doesn't work with the RB2 drums! FUCKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!

Deleted2014-12-02
03-29-2009, 01:36 PM
Are you serious! It doesn't work with the RB2 drums! FUCKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!

I second that! FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!

Patch needs to come out, NOW!!!!

STC9892
03-29-2009, 01:53 PM
Could this problem get fixed with a patch? I would think it'd have more to do with the kit itself than the game.

Yunder
03-29-2009, 02:03 PM
I second that! FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!

I will third that!
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKK KKK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

D3adcell86
03-29-2009, 03:02 PM
It wouldn't work with a patch either. You can still use a splitter and the RB2 drum pedals, it just wont allow you to have both pressed down at the same time. If that doesn't work for you though you can buy an official rock band drum kit splitter and extra bass pedal for 20$ at gamestop.

Frozenghost001
03-29-2009, 03:40 PM
It wouldn't work with a patch either. You can still use a splitter and the RB2 drum pedals, it just wont allow you to have both pressed down at the same time. If that doesn't work for you though you can buy an official rock band drum kit splitter and extra bass pedal for 20$ at gamestop.
No duh...

InsaneToker420
03-29-2009, 03:56 PM
the worst thing about all of this is that the gamestop employees assured me that the pedal would work with rb2 drums there's activision screwing us again. First by not allowing the cymbal addin to play the orange note now this. Rockband made sure that their game was FULLY compadible with the guitar hero controllers not like guitar hero

Rooster425
03-29-2009, 05:31 PM
the worst thing about all of this is that the gamestop employees assured me that the pedal would work with rb2 drums there's activision screwing us again. First by not allowing the cymbal addin to play the orange note now this. Rockband made sure that their game was FULLY compadible with the guitar hero controllers not like guitar hero
Actually, that's Gamestop employees screwing you over. When I went in earlier to get mine from EB, I also went to buy the bass pedal, and they asked if I had the GH set, because it didn't work with the Rock Band set. Activision isn't required to add support of their peripherals for a third-party controller, and I'd suggest instead complaining about the people at Gamestop being douches.

TwistedFate
03-29-2009, 07:04 PM
No duh...

Says the guy who was surprised the GH pedal didn't work with the RB kit. :rolleyes:

Seriously, am I the only one who knew they wouldn't be compatible before they were released? GH is only compatible with the RB kit because MS stepped in and made it a requirement, that doesn't mean parts are interchangeable.

Frozenghost001
03-29-2009, 07:14 PM
Says the guy who was surprised the GH pedal didn't work with the RB kit. :rolleyes:

I knew that you couldn't have them both pressed down at once. I used a double bass pedal splitter-thing at a friends house for RB2 a few months ago.

Jaster Mereel04
03-30-2009, 09:20 PM
Just got to tell all you Rock Band/Guitar Hero DYI nubs, OMEGA PEDAL TWIN ROCKER ADAPTER. It splits the connection of the kick pedal and even when one pedal is held down the other one registers fine. I use it with my Ion drum set and my RB2 kit, works wonders. Works even more amazing if you have an actual drum pedal, but regardless the original pedals will work for you.

http://omegapedal.com/twinrocker/index.html

7ranslucen7
03-30-2009, 11:28 PM
Just got to tell all you Rock Band/Guitar Hero DYI nubs, OMEGA PEDAL TWIN ROCKER ADAPTER. It splits the connection of the kick pedal and even when one pedal is held down the other one registers fine. I use it with my Ion drum set and my RB2 kit, works wonders. Works even more amazing if you have an actual drum pedal, but regardless the original pedals will work for you.

http://omegapedal.com/twinrocker/index.html

I was looking at that about an hour ago, 25 dollars for a splitter though? that seems like a hefty price... I myself am using double pedals with a typical splitter and am forced to time the hits. :(

Jaster Mereel04
03-31-2009, 01:22 PM
The $25 was worth it, i can play without having to worry about if one foot is held down while the other is hitting or will i miss a hit. Plus i guess it helps since i actually play the drums, so my DIY double kick pedal kit made things simple.

Lord Chabelo
03-31-2009, 02:36 PM
I got the extra pedal and splitter from GameStop as well. When I puggled it all up, neither of the pedals where working. But, if you read the manual it says that if the pedals don't work to try a different channel on the splitter. Did that and the pedals work great. :drunk

Yunder
03-31-2009, 02:38 PM
What im going to do is take the drum pedal from gamestop and give it back to them for store credit then buy the rock band one for around $25. Hopefully it will be enough. Anyone know how much i might get? Just a guess is all i need.

Zacry072
03-31-2009, 06:46 PM
Ummm...
When I picked up my copy of the game, they gave me a bass pedal and no splitter. I mentioned it to em and they said I was only supposed to get the pedal. Oh well, went to Wal-Mart and bought a $4 headphone splitter.

Codypotamus
03-31-2009, 09:24 PM
Well that figures...Seems like the drums have all sorts of problems unless you get the guitar hero ones...seriously though, its not that hard to make a drum kit that is compatable with everything...its all about money in the end....

scooke87
04-01-2009, 01:29 PM
Yes i'm pissed off, I got my Pedal from Gamestop last night and i have the RB2 drums and it doesn't work. I saw that at the Gamestop i go to, their stock of RB bass drum pedals, was gone as well.

she haunts me
04-01-2009, 01:47 PM
Yes i'm pissed off, I got my Pedal from Gamestop last night and i have the RB2 drums and it doesn't work. I saw that at the Gamestop i go to, their stock of RB bass drum pedals, was gone as well.

At least you got your pedal. I pre-ordered the game but my local Gamestop got a very limited amount of pedals so I was screwed out of one. I was busy at the time otherwise I would have went at the midnight launch.

scooke87
04-01-2009, 05:52 PM
At least you got your pedal. I pre-ordered the game but my local Gamestop got a very limited amount of pedals so I was screwed out of one. I was busy at the time otherwise I would have went at the midnight launch.

I pre-ordered my game the day before it came out, and they were like check back in the week because they were giving the pedals to people who pre-ordered it by the date they did. I just called yesterday and got it. Since I can't use it on my RB Kit it will be on eBay soon.

Lord Chabelo
04-01-2009, 06:10 PM
Ummm...
went to Wal-Mart and bought a $4 headphone splitter.

A regular splitter won't work. You need a powered splitter.

Did you try switching channels on the splitter?

Bl°°dwolf
04-01-2009, 06:16 PM
A regular splitter won't work. You need a powered splitter.

No you do not. It just makes it play nicer.

CaptainGtox
04-01-2009, 06:26 PM
Yah i was pissed to...
At least there is a metallica game...
Finally.

scooke87
04-01-2009, 06:31 PM
Did you try switching channels on the splitter?

No the splitter I got with the pedal is a typical headphone splitter, so there isn't a channel that I can change. I saw the Rock Band add-on pedal, it has a powered splitter, and I saw the changes thing. Looks like i have to buy that eventually.

Yah i was pissed to...
At least there is a metallica game...
Finally.

Finally I know right! I love Metallica!

Jaster Mereel04
04-02-2009, 09:14 PM
A standard splitter will work for the GHWT drums because the pedals dont use open/close switches, they use hit recognition switches. However for dual pedals to work on the RB drums you need to get the Omega Twin Rocker or a rock box converter for a Roland Bass Pedal toggle.

ImpuLse8818
04-11-2009, 03:51 AM
the plugs work but the footpedal isnt recognized when u plug in.... the rock band 2 drums...... little pist...

i plugged pedal all by itself and didnt work...

works fine on rockband 1 set,

the only downside is that if ya keep foot down on one pedal and try and use the other it doesn't work you gotta keep your feet off both pedals then hit one of them when the note hits the strike line

also i ain't using the gh pedal i'm using a RB stock and the destoyer pedal

CyanideSpirit
04-11-2009, 03:57 AM
damn footpedal!!!

djpj
04-11-2009, 11:46 AM
No it doesn't work, because it says Guitar Hero. ffs don't you understand that they make this only work on Guitar Hero kits so that they make more profit on them.

That's why the second Rock Band pedal comes with a special adapter. So if you want to have 2 pedals on the RB kit go and buy that.

Bl°°dwolf
04-11-2009, 01:16 PM
No it doesn't work, because it says Guitar Hero. ffs don't you understand that they make this only work on Guitar Hero kits so that they make more profit on them.

That's why the second Rock Band pedal comes with a special adapter. So if you want to have 2 pedals on the RB kit go and buy that.

Try actually reading the thread before responding.

RAID186
04-13-2009, 11:09 PM
Actually, that's Gamestop employees screwing you over. When I went in earlier to get mine from EB, I also went to buy the bass pedal, and they asked if I had the GH set, because it didn't work with the Rock Band set. Activision isn't required to add support of their peripherals for a third-party controller, and I'd suggest instead complaining about the people at Gamestop being douches.

EB got bought by GameStop so the employees at EB are still working for GS

scooke87
04-14-2009, 03:13 PM
I got lucky and found the Game Stop by me had the Rock Band pedal with adapter, so I can play Expert + now!

rianbattle
04-17-2009, 11:07 AM
my world tour drums are out of commission at the moment...i work at a game crazy and we got a nyko medal pedal in the store, $20 and it's a really great steel reinforced pedal. i use it as the main pedal now because it's a lot more comfortable, and it comes with a splitter, and also works with BOTH rock band and guitar hero drum sets.

definitely worth the extra $20

Frozenghost001
04-18-2009, 01:39 AM
I got lucky and found the Game Stop by me had the Rock Band pedal with adapter, so I can play Expert + now!
I asked the guy at gamestop if he had any, he said no and he had no idea what I was talking about. So, I said, "well, if you have none, then how come it's right there." and I found it right before I said that too. He was confused and sold it to me for $20. The regular price was $25, but...that guy was cool. =)

MartyMcFly
04-18-2009, 02:03 PM
This thread is more about idiot GameStop employees lol.

I went there about a month and 1/2 ago or so to actually buy the Nyko pedal which is universal. I have the Rock Band 2 drums, not World Tour.

So I asked the guy about it, I said it was supposed to come out this week. He had no idea what I was talking about, so I showed it to him in their stupid Releases book.

He took me over and showed me the RB2 pedal, which I didn't even know was sold alone lol. I ended up buying that.

But of course he says, "Let me ask you this, do you have any interest in the new Guitar Hero: Metallica coming out?" I flat out said no, because I knew the stupid Metallica pedal only worked with the Guitar Hero drums.

Gamestop employees are so clueless, but yet so quick to try to pitch you something, when half the time it's not even the right product.

Trombonafide
04-23-2009, 08:48 PM
my world tour drums are out of commission at the moment...i work at a game crazy and we got a nyko medal pedal in the store, $20 and it's a really great steel reinforced pedal. i use it as the main pedal now because it's a lot more comfortable, and it comes with a splitter, and also works with BOTH rock band and guitar hero drum sets.

definitely worth the extra $20

Agreed! Those pedals are quite nice. They are the same mold as the Rock Band ones, essentially, but the footplate has stronger metal reinforcement and the base of the pedal is wider and thicker to redistribute and absorb pressure and abuse. I have two of them and they both work well with my Rock Band 2 kit. The only issue is the splitter. They come with your standard headphone splitter, so you'll need to get the powered splitter or the Twin Rocker Adapter the other fellow mentioned (that is unless some else using two Nyko pedals has found a better way, if so I'm always open to suggestions!). For a stand-alone pedal, I have to go with the Nyko. Its as effective as the Rock Band kick pedal, but its more durable and its universal. And cheaper.

Frozenghost001
04-26-2009, 12:51 AM
This is off topic from the posts above me, but the GH drum pedal works with the RB2 drumkit! See for yourself:

YouTube - GH bass pedal works w/ RB2 drumkit!!!