PDA

View Full Version : Open Note Spam

Itsbrown4606
03-29-2009, 02:22 PM
Is it me, or did they go WAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYY too overboard with these open notes on bass?

I just played Battery and 4-starred it, while on RB2 I can Gold star it... what the hell?

GaMeReVX
03-29-2009, 04:21 PM
Is it me, or did they go WAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYY too overboard with these open notes on bass?

I just played Battery and 4-starred it, while on RB2 I can Gold star it... what the hell? Welcome to GH after 3. lol.

Have fun with FFwF for super open note spam. xD

good ol boy366
03-29-2009, 09:03 PM
Have fun with FFwF for super open note spam. xD

dude...that's gonna be hard as crap...i don't think i'm gonna get that one...i'm just not that good at that fast, off beat, open note strumming...:(

Sam got his gun
03-30-2009, 03:22 AM
I tried FFwF earlier on bass, I think I did bad because of No HS, but I guess it makes the game more colorful.. kinda

Dex
03-30-2009, 08:56 AM
Spam or not, I'm just happy that bass is a little more challenging, and closer to being on-par with guitar.

Speaking of bass, you should try out the Rock Band Precision Bass guitar from Mad Catz, it's got a split strum bar, and you upstrum like a real bass. It's SOOOOO much easier once you get used to using 2 fingers (thatswhatshesaid).

Lordvader178
03-30-2009, 08:59 AM
Fuck i wish this game was out in Aus. It looks so easy :( Except WE, looks hard. But everything else ive seen looks easy, just alot of strumming.

PLEASE DEAR GOD SOMEONE SAY SOMETHING IN THE GAME IS HARD!!

Dex
03-30-2009, 09:09 AM
The drumming is hard.

good ol boy366
03-30-2009, 05:22 PM
The drumming is hard.

seriously...expert+ is nuts. if anyone ever fcs dyer's eve on ex+ i'll flip out.

Da CRU Mughhh
03-30-2009, 06:11 PM
Fuck i wish this game was out in Aus. It looks so easy :( Except WE, looks hard. But everything else ive seen looks easy, just alot of strumming.

Played through it on Hard the first time on the career easy as cake, Never failed or never went into the red.. Then i went to do the last song on Expert and it was like the easiest song..

however there are some songs in this game my god they are rough and i can't beat on expert!! But then again I'm Sure you will have no problem.;). Well let me know when you Get the game, and we shall play a round or two again.

allen t is on
03-30-2009, 06:21 PM
that freakin blows i would destroy myself

Crowleyman
03-31-2009, 08:13 PM

Well shit - since I can't seem to make my brain and fingers cooperate on anything over Medium difficulty, I'd say the whole damn game is hard. ;)

Codypotamus
03-31-2009, 09:18 PM
I hate the open notes on bass. It's like you have to be a rediculous badass at GH games now to be able to play anything on expert. It's almost like hardcore GH players said...oh Through the fire and flames isnt challenging enough...make something near impossible, and then fight fire with fire came out....try getting 100% on bass with that song...there are way too many open notes in the bass songs your correct....

GaMeReVX
03-31-2009, 10:53 PM
I hate the open notes on bass. It's like you have to be a rediculous badass at GH games now to be able to play anything on expert. It's almost like hardcore GH players said...oh Through the fire and flames isnt challenging enough...make something near impossible, and then fight fire with fire came out....try getting 100% on bass with that song...there are way too many open notes in the bass songs your correct.... It's very do-able to 100% FFaF on Expert Bass. Would not surprise me in the least. The only real trouble I have is the small parts before the chorus which is my huge screw-up.

I will admit, you seriously need to be in a real good Groove Mode yourself to get the hang of the bass in that song.

Once you get the hang of the open notes in that song, you'll probably be like "Wow, really? That's how you do it? Blah..." xD