PDA

View Full Version : Automatic Achievements

superflybribri
03-30-2009, 03:36 AM
You guys should try and put together something that automatically links to an xbox profile so that there is no need to check each box in achievement lists. MyGamerCard.net seems to have it working so there must be a way.

Thanks for the great site.

Skillet
03-30-2009, 03:42 AM
x360a does not have access to the individual achievement feeds that are required to have your My Achievements Checklists auto-update.

If you can give us access to those, I'm sure Routine could add it rather easily. Until then, please search before posting.

Welcome to the site. You might also want to introduce yourself in the Member Profiles Forum so the rest of the members can get to know you a little better.

:)

Tailz
03-30-2009, 03:48 AM
x360a does not have access to the individual achievement feeds that are required to have your My Achievements Checklists auto-update.

If you can give us access to those, I'm sure Routine could add it rather easily. Until then, please search before posting.

Welcome to the site. You might also want to introduce yourself in the Member Profiles Forum so the rest of the members can get to know you a little better.

It's his first post, why are you snapping at him? Why does every "Regular" on this site slam and yell at new people that come here? It's kind of rude

Skillet
03-30-2009, 04:03 AM
It's his first post, why are you snapping at him? Why does every "Regular" on this site slam and yell at new people that come here? It's kind of rude

1: I answered his question.

2: I politely asked him to search next time so he doesn't keep making the same mistake and end up getting flamed down the road.

3: I welcomed him and directed him to the Member Profiles forum so he could introduce himself.

I even used a smiley. Like this one: :)

So I guess the real question is, why are you snapping at me? It's kind of rude.

Jappe XBA
03-30-2009, 05:16 AM

Where do you see an exclamation point like this "!"? That is called yelling.
And to the topic, Skillet said it all in post #2 ;)

Evil Demon55
03-30-2009, 06:22 AM
I think MGC is actually linked to xbox.com because the owner of MGC works for xbox or something so it might only be possible for MGC.

hoddans
03-30-2009, 06:53 AM
If you can create a profile on Xbox Live, you can login to that profile via a script and compare achievements with the user you want to get data from. Just a thought.

dakisbac
03-30-2009, 07:45 AM
That's an interesting thought, and it would work the same way as MGC, it would work for everyone except those with privacy settings on. I wonder if that's how 360voice does it (but instead they check our "last played on")

xEndriux
03-30-2009, 07:52 AM
1: I answered his question.

2: I politely asked him to search next time so he doesn't keep making the same mistake and end up getting flamed down the road.

3: I welcomed him and directed him to the Member Profiles forum so he could introduce himself.

I even used a smiley. Like this one: :)

So I guess the real question is, why are you snapping at me? It's kind of rude.

I 've noticed and experienced that people do not read with attention !
Anyway, the proposed sync with xbox profile is already supplied by other site, but as someone can confirm there are several problematics with the syncronization and we don't know if 360a consider this a good add-on

Nightdragon
03-30-2009, 08:05 AM
Question was answered, no need to keep on this discussion.

Mygamercard.net is actually owned by Microsoft, which is why they have access to the individual feeds.

Also, if we did have access, the feeds would take up a LOT of bandwidth, which would require probably another two servers, which cost a tonne.

Tailz, on what planet did SKillet snap at biri? Seriously, skillet is one of the most sensible posters on this entire site, pick your battles :p