PDA

View Full Version : Cuts and blood

666priest
03-30-2009, 08:41 AM
So I know that I wasn't the only one that was upset when after seeing so many videos to notice that there's no cuts and blood. Now I'm not some kind of person that enjoys blood and gore but cuts and blood is a VERY important aspect when it comes to MMA (I should know I won a couple fights this way).
The doctor could stop the fight, blood could get into your eyes, it can make the fighters slippery and much more. However my disappointment turned into joy after seeing this video, this is for the people that haven't seen this video yet. Enjoy.

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/47127.html

GeezusDylan160
04-02-2009, 05:08 PM
I might be wrong here but they showed that you could get cut BADLY and bleed a lot in some of the earlier trailers, one of which I believe was Griffin vs. Jackson. Jackson cut Forrest open via strikes in half guard and Forrest started bleeding like crazy on to the mat. Sadly to say I haven't heard anything about doctor stoppage or even if blood impairs your grappling ability (I really do hope so though, that would just take the realism through the roof in my opinion). I think I've seen in a few trailers guys getting mouses under their eyes from effective strikes landed on them, lots of facial bruising post round is seen in a few trailers too, I'll post them in this thread once I find them.

alex1407
04-02-2009, 05:11 PM
I really hope this game would be nothing like UFC on PS2!

666priest
04-02-2009, 07:39 PM
They have to have doctor stoppage because it's very important when it comes to MMA and also Fight Night has it so this game will most definitely have it. Your right that they might not have the vision impairment when the blood goes into your eyes but if THQ makes it so that sweating makes the fighter harder to hold onto, you can be certain that it will also apply to blood.

OBSAutostylz
04-02-2009, 08:56 PM
I can't wait for this game! It's gonna be soooooooo much fun

GeezusDylan160
04-02-2009, 09:18 PM
I to really hope doctor stoppage is part of the game, truly important factor in MMA. It can be that moment in the fight that saves you from taking serious damage and what not, but I've seen no indication that doctor stoppage is in the game. But let's face it are they going to waste valuable seconds of 2-3 promo trailer showing you the ref break up the fight due to doctor stoppage, I think not.....maybe in like Developer walkthrough they'd show you that it's possible. I also hope they give you the option to throw in the towel, not when you quit to leave because you need to eat dinner, but just literally say, "pack it in, i've had enough, i'm quitting, wanna live to fight another day...etc. etc." just like GSP vs. Penn 2. These two ending to a fight would be huge editions in my opinon because it's so frequent that they occur that to over look them would be disappointing. (Also if the fighter quits online that HAS to be a victory, they leave, thats considered throwing in the towel to me, so yeah quitting online should = win for you)

I think you interpreted what I said in my above post differently then I intended. I don't see the blood effecting your sight (mind you it would be cool if the blood flowed down your screen actually impairing your abilitiy to see your fighter, annoying but cool) I meant more so around the fact that you wouldn't be able to grip your opponents as easily. They spent so much time detailing the sweat on the fighters bodies (ala Rampage vs. Liddell trailer) that if sweat didn't impair your ability to lock in a submission or use a judo throw to take that opponent down, i'd be massively underwhelmed and feel a lack of realism, same can be said for blood. You can't just bleed everywhere and have it have no effect on the outcome of the fight, the fighter should slow down a bit (or become more agressive and reckless pending on how bad said fighters attitude is in real life) and it should make it hard for you to hold them in a Maui Tai clinch if their blood is all over your gloves (or your own blood is in your face).

Anyways what I'm trying to get at is there is soooo much in this game that we still don't know about and we can't really say that there will be doctor stoppage or corner stoppage or sweat and blood = harder to grapple. Phenominal additions these things would be, but everyone can miss stuff right? I agree with you 100% and then some that stuff like this HAS to be in the game. Just don't be surprised if it isn't

Takamura Bear
04-02-2009, 10:28 PM
THQ have put a lot of effort and detail into the cuts/blood damage on a fighters face from what I have seen.

In regards to a fighter sweating and thereby making grappling slighly more difficult for your opponent, I just don't beileve THQ would go that far. It would be really awesome if they did. Little details like that -though having a big impact on the gameplay if implemented -make the game moren enjoyable imo.

I have also noticed that it is possible for a fighter to become "gassed" a.k.a tired and totally spent. Its been done before in the Fight Night but I'm glad they put it in this game. There's even an achievement for getting a ko or a sub while in "gassed" state. :boxer

666priest
04-02-2009, 11:23 PM
I to really hope doctor stoppage is part of the game, truly important factor in MMA. It can be that moment in the fight that saves you from taking serious damage and what not, but I've seen no indication that doctor stoppage is in the game. But let's face it are they going to waste valuable seconds of 2-3 promo trailer showing you the ref break up the fight due to doctor stoppage, I think not.....maybe in like Developer walkthrough they'd show you that it's possible. I also hope they give you the option to throw in the towel, not when you quit to leave because you need to eat dinner, but just literally say, "pack it in, i've had enough, i'm quitting, wanna live to fight another day...etc. etc." just like GSP vs. Penn 2. These two ending to a fight would be huge editions in my opinon because it's so frequent that they occur that to over look them would be disappointing. (Also if the fighter quits online that HAS to be a victory, they leave, thats considered throwing in the towel to me, so yeah quitting online should = win for you)

I think you interpreted what I said in my above post differently then I intended. I don't see the blood effecting your sight (mind you it would be cool if the blood flowed down your screen actually impairing your abilitiy to see your fighter, annoying but cool) I meant more so around the fact that you wouldn't be able to grip your opponents as easily. They spent so much time detailing the sweat on the fighters bodies (ala Rampage vs. Liddell trailer) that if sweat didn't impair your ability to lock in a submission or use a judo throw to take that opponent down, i'd be massively underwhelmed and feel a lack of realism, same can be said for blood. You can't just bleed everywhere and have it have no effect on the outcome of the fight, the fighter should slow down a bit (or become more agressive and reckless pending on how bad said fighters attitude is in real life) and it should make it hard for you to hold them in a Maui Tai clinch if their blood is all over your gloves (or your own blood is in your face).

Anyways what I'm trying to get at is there is soooo much in this game that we still don't know about and we can't really say that there will be doctor stoppage or corner stoppage or sweat and blood = harder to grapple. Phenominal additions these things would be, but everyone can miss stuff right? I agree with you 100% and then some that stuff like this HAS to be in the game. Just don't be surprised if it isn't

In regards to the blood coming down the screen when the blood hits the fighter's eyes, I meant it that the fighter becomes a bit less responsive or that they automatically wipe it away (I've been cut on the eyebrow before and I wipe it away quickly), so I'm hoping that they at least wipe it away.

GeezusDylan160
04-03-2009, 12:00 AM
ohh yes that would be much more preferred, wiping the blood away. The blood down the screen was just a nifty idea I thought up whilst typing my response, but seeing them properly react to their injuries like cuts to the face would be lovely. I'd also like to see my opponent limp if all I do is land monstrous leg kicks the entire time...ya know stuff like that, guess we'll have to wait till may 19th to find out though

joshnorm
04-05-2009, 02:59 AM
Glad to see the cuts and blood but with the Doc stoppage (which should be in since its a big part) I don't want to have to do silly mini games mid match to repair the cut.

Just give us a cutman that fixes the problem to a extent (not totally healed but something) I hated the stupid between round cut mini games in Fight Night

hklpro
04-18-2009, 12:01 PM
between round mopping minigame? sounds good to me!