PDA

View Full Version : Achievement Difficulty?

x lil psycho x
03-30-2009, 11:05 PM
hey!

i was gona get this gam but i was just wondering if the achievements are that hard, i would like something a bit challenging but not too hard its imposable to get 200 G can anyone help?

Thx

1--2--3--4--5--6--7--8--9--10
<-----Lowest to Highest----->

raggyt
04-10-2009, 11:43 AM
The achievements on this game are near impossible to complete. It is one of the oldest games in my library, but I have only managed to get half of the achievements.

Andreas_loel
04-21-2009, 05:35 AM

Goddamn fucking impossible if you ask me, if you get away with 60/200 be happy...

Johan57Santana
04-23-2009, 06:12 PM
I just got 200/200 on this the other day, so they are not impossible. But, took a very long time for the 2 million points. The game is kind of addicting though.

Deathblow23
04-23-2009, 07:52 PM
This game is VERY, VERY tough! Don't let anyone, and I mean ANYONE come in here and tell that it isn't that tough...that it just takes time. IF anyone says that they are a flat-out liar! I have 120/200...and I have had to work my butt just to get that. There are 40 more points that I have gotten sooooooooo close ot getting.

The "Sharpshooter" cheevo is pure luck...end of discussion! This game is very fun, and very addicting. I had it on my phone for 2 years before I ever got it on XBLA...but it is super frustrating at the same time. If you like very difficult...time consuming...yet meth-like addictive arcade games, then by all means...download this immediately.

jwprice1974
05-07-2009, 01:30 PM
let's see. two people on the leaderboard with 200 points. i'd say the achievements are a little tough. the game can be addicive though.

AKA Swede
06-12-2009, 05:44 PM
I 100% agree with Deathblow23. Ive played this game long enough for the 24hr achievement so I would know, plus I have never even got past the last part of lvl 9(edit:got past lvl 9 stuck on lvl 12 now). so it is addictive but I cant stand starting off at 1-1 making it all the way to say 9-4 or 9-5 without dieing only to lose all my lives in one level. I have a real LOVE/HATE relationship with this game.

primovinny
08-16-2010, 04:44 PM
This game must be really hard o.O

mjc0961
10-25-2010, 07:29 PM
This game is more like a 12/10. It's that nuts. It's not one of those things where it's easy but long or hard but short, it's both hard and long (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v611/mjc0961/thatswhatshesaid.png).

If you want an easy 200/200, look elsewhere. As for the game itself, I'd say it's better on the PC with a mouse, you can aim a bit more quickly that way. So I would say pass on the XBLA version; you're not going to get easy GamerScore and it's better on PC.

mjc0961
10-25-2010, 07:29 PM
This game is more like a 12/10. It's that nuts. It's not one of those things where it's easy but long or hard but short, it's both hard and long (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v611/mjc0961/thatswhatshesaid.png).

If you want an easy 200/200, look elsewhere. As for the game itself, I'd say it's better on the PC with a mouse, you can aim a bit more quickly that way. So I would say pass on the XBLA version; you're not going to get easy GamerScore and it's better on PC.

prizeless
12-13-2010, 09:51 PM
This game sucks on xbox. It was meant to be played with a mouse. You can move the frog around and aim so much faster with a computer mouse. I wouldn't recommend buying this. I think that is why the achievements seem so hard.

Boots Orion
12-14-2010, 06:24 PM
Agree with all of the above. I've played in a bit on the PC and it is easier. I would rate this a 12/10 like mjc did...ridiculously hard. I'm proud to have 100/200 on it.

The funny thing is, last Christmas I was on a complete tear and made it from level 9 to level 12 in a snap. I failed and thought that I would just complete the game later that day/week. But, I've never been able to duplicate the magic I had that day. Maybe I should try again next Saturday?!

delluxxo
12-20-2010, 12:59 AM
This game is piece of cake compared with ROBOTRON :uzi:

Mr Flow
03-13-2011, 04:48 PM
So difficult to have all achievements... :-(

MachineGryphon
03-14-2011, 05:11 AM
It is difficult, but not impossible. Like most games, it's just about perseverance and time. I never thought I'd get Zuma completed, and it has to be the best 200 I've ever made, surpassing Hexic, and actually harder than any retail game I've finished by some way. I can also see how it'd be a lot easier on pc. Occasionally the sticks cause the frog to move in a jerky manner, and you have to waste a couple of seconds fixing it.
I was considering downloading Luxor 2, as it's similar to this, but everyone tells me it's a fair amount harder than even this game, and I'm not sure I'm that much of a masochist.

Fur Fighter 360
04-17-2011, 12:06 AM
I wouldn't say this game is anywhere near as hard as anyone is making out here. The game is challenging but it's not that bad. The achievements generally come down to pure skill and practice which is very very often not the case with some games having stupid literally barely unattainable achievements. There are games like Robotron, Smash TV, Metal Slug titles and quite alot of others where having all the achievements is a sign that someone is of another planet, or probably one of those computer game geniuses from Japan. Like those games where you die every second, yet there are achievements to complete the game without getting hit and things like that. Zuma is nothing like those games.

I've got all the achievements on Mega Man 9, Super Meat Boy, Alien Hominid, Street Fighter 2 HD, and other games that have taken tons of time and effort. I still however need 3 achievements on this game, yet I know that I could get them if I put in the time and practiced to get my reflexes good. This title DEFINITELY ISN'T one of those annoying games where 200G is simply unachieveable, if you practice completing the game and getting a really high score is attainable. Although I seem to try to complete world 12 every 6 months, fail, then leave it for another 6 months.

Also, tip for the sharp shooter achievement: disconnect from live. For some reason level 1 is much easier if you're not on LIVE.. I'm pretty sure it's not coincidence that the balls flow in bigger chunks but I think it helps.

GiantBallofOil
06-14-2011, 06:43 PM
I love this game but got so frustrated with the achievements that I gave it up. Anyone that has 200 GS in this game is a god.

guibv
06-22-2011, 11:47 PM
10. Score Champion is impossible for me :uzi:

banej
06-25-2011, 05:51 PM
Thanks for the warning! Was nearly tempted by the DoTW at 200 MSP. ;)

lxlterroristlxl
06-25-2011, 07:31 PM
Its still a fun game, very very hard for the full 200, me and my girlfriend have been working on it for over two months almost non stop lol

gegenhmh
07-13-2011, 09:38 PM
Very addicitive, hard as hell achievements.