PDA

View Full Version : Useful tips from the manual

JK Ferret
03-30-2009, 11:51 PM
Hey all.

I have a copy of this game, but it is a press release copy only (I'm a game reviewer) and it didn't come with a manual. Is there anything in there that may help gameplay?

I just got epically slaughtered in the first mission, as soon as I controlled a certain point (after I cleaned out the nests), a tower thing appeared and then a ton of Sai rushed out and massacred all of my units :(

jackanape
03-31-2009, 09:37 AM
Ha ha, I'm in the same situation.

Here is some help. When you take over a control node, be sure to consolidate it before you move on - so jump to it and build up the defences etc to the maximum level. Also, leave a few units to help guard it too.

ALWAYS group your units together. You can only put three in a team but it helps a lot. To do this highlight a unit and press LB, then it will show all the units you can join with so move to them (while still holding LB) and press A. Your guys will them be grouped which gives you better control over them and concentrated firepower.

Be aware that most of your guys will not shoot while moving (as they are dumb) so always move them in front of enemies rather than clicking on the enemies themselves. This way they will start attacking much sooner.

Best guys early on are the infiltrators (aka snipers) as they have super long range and can often kill foes without them even shooting back if you get the positioning right.

Good luck.

phobzy85
03-31-2009, 10:11 AM
One that I didn't realise at first but I couldn't figure out how to build new units from a new node I captured. You need to build a Warp Gate which then allows you to purchase them at other nodes. I assumed Warp Gate would be some form of transportation lol :)

Also it mentions if you flick your right stick quickly (like a quick tap) it will cycle to the closest unit available from your perspective.

When you first take over that node be sure to have 3xgroup of enforcers and as soon as the node is up begin upgrading turrets. Also when enemies are in the area of the node you are unable to purchase upgrades it seems.