Huge Pepsi-Rock Band give away this summer?

Mad World

Apparently, Pepsi is set to give away 1,000,000 song codes this summer, among other things.

MTV Games and Pepsi appear to be teaming up for a Rock Band-themed, Pepsi-soaked promotion this Summer, giving away up to 1 million free Rock Band tracks to lucky sugared soft drink swillers.

According to an anonymous tipster, Pepsi will be handing out 10,000 free Rock Band tracks per day to consumers via an "under the cap" contest for seven weeks, starting in early June. All one need do is pick up a bottle, twist the cap off, then look underneath to see if they were an instant winner or a total loser. Beneath that cap will be one of four Rock Band instrument icons or a message about how bad your luck is.

Pepsi and MTV Games will also be giving away one of those coveted "MTV Moonmen"—the spacey, silvery prize given to MTV Video Music Award winners—to whomever creates the best Rock Band, video then uploads it to the Pepsi Rock Band contest site.

That contest prize looks like it'll get you on the tee vee, meaning instant fame.

Pepsi's Rock Band contest runs from June to September, according to details we were provided. We've attempted to confirm with MTV Games and Pepsi, but have not yet heard back on requests for clarification. The two companies have worked together previously, with Pepsi co-sponsoring the Rock Band Live Tour during the Fall of 2008.

We'd suggest keeping an eye peeled for PepsiRockBand.com to start working for additional details.

(http://kotaku.com/5191246/rumor-pepsi-giving-away-1-million-rock-band-tracks-this-summer)

I don't know if anyone has either heard of this or cares about it (although I doubt the latter), but I think this is a great promotion. Good luck to all in the summer months, I suppose.

my guess is that only the most popular sodas will be included an the more obscure ones (pepsi zero, or whatever they 0 calorie coke competition is called) will be left out. Pepsi, diet pepsi and more than likely regular mountain dew will probably be part of the promo. Wouldnt surprise me however if they add code red to that tho because as others have stated (well not me, im an amp kinda guy) my roommate drinks code red like its his job and so does his brother.