PDA

View Full Version : Double Back Flip

mxracer961
03-31-2009, 02:10 AM
Any one figure out how to get this one yet? I've done it a couple times but it keeps saying it was a single backflip. Plus if anyone knows what the secret achievement is and how to get it, that would be great.

cptmorgemaker
03-31-2009, 05:28 AM
working on achievement guide I can almost get the double front but not close on the back. Need the fastest sleds I'm thinking to get more air. But also you just hold the RB the push the left stick forward hold it and it will start to go around again. I will double check if that's how I was doing it later tommorow

T Man 360 Fan
03-31-2009, 04:24 PM
go 2 the freestyle course in Canada and jump the middle ramp from the back. the ramp u c when u start hit it from the other side. and u don't need the best sled just hold rb and back on the left stick and one more thing pull back on the left stick when approaching the ramp 4 more speed.

fuzzai
04-02-2009, 04:03 AM
Hey,

I pulled the single Back and front once, and it never gave me the acheiv...i landed, with no problems also....any idea? it never did give me "points" for it either as a trick or what not....was it because the sled may have been on an angle a tad???

Streetrunner77
04-02-2009, 05:18 AM
The double front and back flip MUST be end over end - not at any angle - if the jump is not end over end - it won't count - practice makes perfect on this one

Molneze3
04-11-2009, 04:09 AM
Do this on Canada's whitehorse track! To tack on to what people are saying here, i found that if you let everyone else get way ahead of you so they aren't in your way it will help. Go to the big jump halfway through the course and back up as far as you can and get lined up for a straight shot at the jump. I didn't need any boost (got all 3 achieves (double back and front flip and 5 second air) all without boost). Keep in mind that your stick needs to be held perfectly forward, or backward depending on which flip. If you are at an angle at all, it won't count. When you are all set up, hammer the gas to the jump holding RB and back (or forward) as to basically pre-load the jump. Worked on my first try for both of them, you just need to worry about landing right. You should have plenty of air if you hit "A" right at the top of the ramp to cordinate your landing good, and you are already lined up as long as you went straight up the jump and should land right on the track.

Hope that helps

gerthmeister
09-09-2009, 03:38 PM
following the above message: i can get the double back flip but every time i try the forward double flip i alway land on my arse and not flat. just cant get it to raotate quick enough. been trying for an hour now and not impressed and thats all thats keeping me from 1000 points

i m redshark
09-18-2009, 11:25 PM
is there any way to switch your character, because i picked the guy with all average stats and hoping to get someone with higher strength. i dont want to start over with a new person.

i m redshark
09-19-2009, 01:03 AM
Never mind my last post, all I did was go to single race and choose a racer with the name Teemu ( can't remember his last name ). But he has an excellent strength and ferocity rating, then I did the whitehorse track as explained in the guide used boost and got the double front flip. I even had time to make sure I would come down towards the front of the sled. I also used the best sled for the trick

Levex817
11-24-2009, 08:42 AM
Never mind my last post, all I did was go to single race and choose a racer with the name Teemu ( can't remember his last name ). But he has an excellent strength and ferocity rating, then I did the whitehorse track as explained in the guide used boost and got the double front flip. I even had time to make sure I would come down towards the front of the sled. I also used the best sled for the trick

This is exactly what I did and got my double backflip the first try, and the double frontflip along with Orbit achievement on my second try, couldnt have been any easier:woop:

KILLSHOT666
04-09-2010, 11:28 PM
This was driving me bat shit crazy, so i found a video on you tube, showing how to do this (it's not mine, so I ain't linkin it). But take Jack Yapp, he can do the tricks quicker and has excellent strength. No boost, just make sure your not trying to jump at the peak of the hill, jump a bit before the peak, cause I think that was what was killing me... It takes a couple of times, so just restart the race if you fail.

longdillon1
06-30-2010, 04:24 PM
worked great. Thanks

JReedNet
09-19-2010, 06:21 PM
I tried this a couple times, no one has suggested what sled to use, though?

HalfEVILmonkey
11-12-2010, 11:52 PM
This was driving me bat shit crazy, so i found a video on you tube, showing how to do this (it's not mine, so I ain't linkin it). But take Jack Yapp, he can do the tricks quicker and has excellent strength. No boost, just make sure your not trying to jump at the peak of the hill, jump a bit before the peak, cause I think that was what was killing me... It takes a couple of times, so just restart the race if you fail.

This worked perfectly for me. I used the MX 800 (one of the middling models), got full boost, used the same guy at the same area and got both the double front and back flips with ease. Great tip, thank you.

Bjernagris
11-22-2010, 04:48 PM

Best method IMO, got both front and backflip easily using this setup:

Driver: Jack Yapp
Sled: MX Z Renegade X 1200 (best sled, all upgraded)
Track: Whitehorse XC, Canada

- No boost needed
- Let everyone else pass you
- Line up straight to the jump
- Hold RB and down/up on LS before you start accelerating towards the jump
- Start accelerating, and hit A before you reach the top of the hill.

This should give you enough time for two flips and some extra time to nail the landing as well. Good luck!